Mario Hoops and Import Sports Games

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
2 questions:

Does anyone here have Mario Hoops? What do you think? I know it didn't get received that well but I still kind of want to try it.

Also I saw this:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=22940

and made me wonder if there are any good import sports games that are good or anyone could recommend?

Well I don't have Mario Hoops, but My God, that Professsion Baseball game looks exactly like RBI Baseball for NES. That game was incredible, and now I am happy to see it coming to DS.

As for sports games, I don't really own any Japanese ones, but I know there is Prince of Tennis and then Eyeshield 21(odd football game). There is one based on baseball, however, I forget what it was.

Mario Hoops is mad terrible, my friend. Avoid.

I assume there's probably some decent baseballs games for the DS in Japan. The Namco chibi baseball series was certainly awesome when I played it.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Mario Hoops is mad terrible, my friend. Avoid.

I assume there's probably some decent baseballs games for the DS in Japan. The Namco chibi baseball series was certainly awesome when I played it.[/QUOTE]

What makes Mario Hoops so bad?

Mario Hoops is definitely mistitled. With the AI, it's more like Mario Hoops 1-on-3, because your teammates don't do shit.

Do not buy.

[quote name='Rocko']Mario Hoops is definitely mistitled. With the AI, it's more like Mario Hoops 1-on-3, because your teammates don't do shit.

Do not buy.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I really wanted to like Mario Hoops. The graphics were great, but the gameplay was lacking.

I would love to have that baseball game. Some of these import games need to be brought to America.

Mario Hoops looked good because of the other sports games for the GameCube (Mario Tennis, Mario Baseball, Mario Strikers, Mario Kart, etc.). I picked it up because I thought, "Oh, great! A portable Mario sports game - those are always fun." Now I can safely remove the 'always' from that statement.

The unnecessary use of the touch screen didn't help, either. I think I remember having to tap (repeatedly) to dribble, do some swoosh motion to shoot, etc.

I really hate the misuse of the new controls. The touch screen is great, for some things.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Mario Hoops is mad terrible, my friend. Avoid.
[/quote]

this man speaks the truth. i hated it, when i played it for about 20 minutes. It's pretty much controlled with the stylus only.

Frankly, i would have liked to control teammates' cuts and picks, but not dribbling on the touch screen.

The only import sports game I got was Prince of Tennis for the DS. It's much like the GBA version, and there are so many characters with specific special moves. I loved it, though I wish I had someone to play with. Unfortunately there's no online feature. I have a very old review on it in the review section. I't's available at play-asia as a "Konami Best Version" or greatest hits priced game, but it is currently back-ordered. It's obviously a game based on the anime, so be forewarned.

Now that you reminded me of this game, I'm going to pick it up again.

bread's done
Back