Mario Kart 7, SM3DLand, NSMB2, AC:NL, DKCR3D @ $30 MSRP starting April 22 (new Player's Choice 3DS line?)

donny2112

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought $30 was MSRP. Amazon always has these games at $30 or less 24/7.
These games use to be $30 or less on amazon all the time but so far this year they have been mostly over $30. So maybe with this new msrp these games will drop to $20-25 on amazon but I wouldn't count on it, at least early on.

I cant be the only one who hates things like "Player's Choice" because it ruins the boxart for me.
Cover art apparently staying the same at least for now.......

s5fsrb.jpg

The red cases looks better in person & fitting since it's a Mario title. I don't it would work well with others.

I cant be the only one who hates things like "Player's Choice" because it ruins the boxart for me.
I buy games to play them. I don't frame/display the boxes.

Given a choice, I'll always take the standard version of the box, but I wouldn't go out of my way or pay a single cent more for it. And as far as I'm concerned, anything that can extend a good game's lifespan and get it into more hands is a good thing.

And honestly, handheld games don't come much better than these. If we could add PilotWings Resort, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Kid Icarus Uprising and that fantastic new Pokemon game to this list, I'd think that would be reason enough. They all deserve a PC rerelease, even if they've all been available for under $20 before.

They re-released Clubhouse Games later in the generation for a reduced price, and there's the Konami re-release shown above. Don't think they did an official line for DS, though. There was an official, very late gen PC line for GBA, though.

gbapc2.jpg
I'm really glad you shared that, because it has helped jog my memory. I do remember seeing those PC games for Mario World/Pokemon before.

That seems like such an odd selection though. No Yoshi's Island, Minish Cap, F-Zero, or Metroid? And why Pokemon FR/LG but not R/S/E?

Last edited:
Remeber when the gba player's choice came out and people where all mad they were $20 the same price as the gamecube's players choice. All I remeber is nintendo made a big deal out of it even though by that time stores were already charging prices like that

Remeber when the gba player's choice came out and people where all mad they were $20 the same price as the gamecube's players choice. All I remeber is nintendo made a big deal out of it even though by that time stores were already charging prices like that
No but I could see that lol. We have a couple ports (albeit ports with a tiny bit of extra effort thrown in, I always appreciated Luigi being a separate character in the SMW port) , a remake, and what I found to be an extremely inferior version of Mario Kart. Definitely not the same level of quality that the GC got in terms of reprints.

Still, there gets to be a point where it's not worth reprinting/shipping physical games, and while I am no expert on hardware or manufacturing for GBA carts I'd have guessed that point would be somewhere around the $15-$20 mark. I know I would have been disappointed but I wouldn't have held it against Nintendo, they have to make money. What would've gotten on my nerves is the selection of the games they chose. The GBA was no DS, hell it wasn't even a 3DS, but it had way more to offer than that.

Last edited:
My question is: will they change the case art to say "Player's Choice"? Maybe it's just me, but I'd almost rather pay $30 now than pay $20 later and end up with a tainted box :nottalking:
I'm the same way because I have a lot of sealed 3ds games on my shelf, and I want the original version. This sounds worse because they are changing the color to red (like they did with the ds games), so I have to get the ones I'm missing before they switch over.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back