Mario Kart 8 preorder @ Dell, get $25 egc

yuyak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7622859&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Same deal as they've been doing with a lot of new releases lately. Add the game to cart and the promo $25 giftcard will show up (probably a good idea to take a screen shot of it, since it won't show up on your order confirmation and some poeple had issues with these deals in the past).

eGiftCards are emailed to you 10-20 days after the game ships and I believe they're good for 90 days only.

Just chiming in to say that I have mine in hand. Shipped via Fedex yesterday, and was waiting for me when I got home.

Now all that's left is sweating the gift card that I literally have zero proof that I'm entitled to, since it's conveniently not mentioned on any invoice or order confirmation from Dell, and a hard reset of my phone wiped out the photo I took of the screen that mentioned it when I placed my order. (gulp)
the gift card will come they always do. It can take two to three weeks after shipment of the game to be emailed though

MK8 shipped from Dell overnight Fed-ex 5/29 and received Friday 5/30 (release day). Dell came through. Very pleased with this order. Can't stop, won't stop playing  :U

Where do we get the $25 credit at????
They'll email it to you. They said it can take 10-20 business days. In the past, I received mine closer to 20 business days than 10, so no reason to panic yet. I'm still waiting for the $25 credit from WatchDogs which was released on the 22nd, so today marks the 9 business day mark (excluding Memorial Day)

MK8 shipped from Dell overnight Fed-ex 5/29 and received Friday 5/30 (release day). Dell came through. Very pleased with this order. Can't stop, won't stop playing :U
Very pleased as well. Was not expecting it on release day at all. Infact, had 2 day shipping selected, but they shipped it early enough that it was hear right when I left for work. What is more impressive is that I live in Hawaii and didn't have to pay an additional shipping charge.

Now just waiting on the gift card, which I will likely wait for Smash Bros 3DS or another preorder bonus from Dell.

Well, I seem to recall the order screen saying 10-20 days after the order ships.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is Day 20.

I think it's time to start being a nuisance to get some forward movement on this.

It's unforgiveable for them to take three damned weeks, to begin with. How is that a reasonable term? I feel like I'm having a flashback to my youth sending in UPC codes and waiting six to eight weeks for some GI Joe trinket to arrive, evidently via a literal snail.

Well, I seem to recall the order screen saying 10-20 days after the order ships.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is Day 20.

I think it's time to start being a nuisance to get some forward movement on this.

It's unforgiveable for them to take three damned weeks, to begin with. How is that a reasonable term? I feel like I'm having a flashback to my youth sending in UPC codes and waiting six to eight weeks for some GI Joe trinket to arrive, evidently via a literal snail.
It said 10-20 BUSINESS days.

Game came out on the 30th so today (tuesday) is Day 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is expected of Dell honestly.  They wait until the very last day occasionally.  I've had to call and have them resend it in the past too, which is a mess since they never send you to the right department.

Wolfenstein came out on May 20th and I got my Dell $25 Promo on June 6th at 8:30PM. So that was approximately 18 days or 14 business days depending on if you count the release day or not?

Just got my code 2 min ago. 

EDIT (in response to WittyNickname's comment below): I got mine without calling. I do have Dell Advantage but I don't remember if I used it for this order. Dell reps tend to be clueless about these kind of things, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was entirely coincidental that you got the e-giftcard right after you called. Based on the timestamp on your post, your timing seem to match up pretty well with when I got mine.  And FYI: today is Day 15 by my count, I think, so right in the middle of the 10-20 day window they mentioned. 

Thought I'd chip in with my experience just in case anyone else falls into the same unfortunate boat.

I just got my giftcard, literally five minutes ago.

This happened only after I called Dell's customer support line and proceeded to greatly confuse the friendly Dell employee with my question, since that $25 gift card was evidenly only supposed to be for Dell Advantage members. I've never heard of Dell Advantage, and was certainly not a member, but still had the order confirmation screen promise me the giftcard back when I preordered Mario Kart 8 on the fifth of May.  I had no proof of this, sadly, but the gentleman on the other end of the line quickly got me signed up and qualified.

One last thing: if I hadn't asked my next question, I would have just THEN been eligible for the giftcard as of mid-afternoon Thursday, thus BEGINNING my 15-20 day waitng period for the giftcard. But since I inquired about exactly that, the rep on the phone contacted the gift card department and was (clearly, now that I have it) able to fasttrack that significantly as a makepeace for all of the confusion.

So, if you think you might be in a similar situation, I encourage you to call Dell and straighten it out, lest you die of old age while still waiting for your giftcard you don't actually qualify for in the first place.

Got mine at 5:16 EST.  I did that chat thing two days prior but I feel like that around 5:00EST is when they finally sent these out to everyone

Got mine, didn't have to call.  Anyone have suggestions on what to spend it on?  I'm thinking Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze, as it's on "sale" at 44.99, this gift card would make it 20 bucks.  But then again I'm also thinking of holding off and using it on a pre-order of another game like Smash Wii U or Pokemon Sapphire.  Thinking I should wait a bit and see if anything better comes along by the time it expires (september 18th it says for me).

Got mine, didn't have to call. Anyone have suggestions on what to spend it on? I'm thinking Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze, as it's on "sale" at 44.99, this gift card would make it 20 bucks. But then again I'm also thinking of holding off and using it on a pre-order of another game like Smash Wii U or Pokemon Sapphire. Thinking I should wait a bit and see if anything better comes along by the time it expires (september 18th it says for me).
Personally, I'm waiting to see if they have the same $25 gc promo for the Destiny pre-order later this fall.

Also just waiting to see if Dell gets any other Wii U or 3DS stuff in before the gc expires. I'd like to throw the $25 toward Hyrule Warriors or pre-order of Smash. 

bread's done
Back