Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel Availibility Tracking

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes its HTF, look at eBay and Amazon right now!

They are re-selling them for $70-$80 on both site.[/quote]

Wow you are right. I'd love to get more than retail for my used copy heh.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I ordered 3 with Store Pickup to saved shipping! :D[/quote]

Don't forget the $10 off coupon

I never knew that this was so hard to find.
Yesterday I went to the mall and there weren't any at all in: Target, ebGames or Gamespot.
So I did order one from Bestbuy.com.
Thanks OP

I'm sick and tired of this shit with the Wii. Shopping for Wii games and accessories is like shopping for groceries in communist Russia. So what if the games cost $10 less than PS3 and 360 games when you often have to pay full retail to get them? The Mario Galaxy TRU GC deal is the only deal in the history of decent Wii games.

And I have more angst than junior prom when I'm deciding whether or not to open these games for casual gamers that go for 30% premiums on craigslist. How can Rockstar, fending off a hostile takeover, press enough GTA4s for every man, woman, and child in America when Wii Fit is sold out by 10:04 AM launch day?

[quote name='cleaver']I'm sick and tired of this shit with the Wii. Shopping for Wii games and accessories is like shopping for groceries in communist Russia. So what if the games cost $10 less than PS3 and 360 games when you often have to pay full retail to get them? The Mario Galaxy TRU GC deal is the only deal in the history of decent Wii games.

And I have more angst than junior prom when I'm deciding whether or not to open these games for casual gamers that go for 30% premiums on craigslist. How can Rockstar, fending off a hostile takeover, press enough GTA4s for every man, woman, and child in America when Wii Fit is sold out by 10:04 AM launch day?[/quote]

It's because nintendo is smart enough to short print stuff like that to keep people wanting to own it.

Crap, I didn't know this was hard to find. I was at the Nintendo World Store last week and they had a huge stack of these. I didn't bother buying it because I figured I could get it anywhere.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']It's because nintendo is smart enough to make fun games like that to keep people wanting to own it.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

--R.J.

Yes, it's hard to find. I've been tracking availability on Bestbuy.com for my nearest stores. Walmart and Target won't let you check availability and all the local Gamestops are out of stock.
This is the first time in three weeks I've seen it in stock at my two closest Bestbuys.

Time to load up my dad with coupons and gift cards for him to buy it after he gets out of work. It's now sold out online at Bestbuy.com and I doubt the stores can keep it in stock through the weekend.

edit:
Nope! Didn't even have 24 hours! One Bestbuy sold out last night and the other sold out today before lunch time.
Darn it!

hm. didn't know this was HTF. every store i've been through always had both in stock with the exception of one target running out of the 10$ wheel.

I had no idea this was hard to find but thanks for the heads up. Just sold mine used with 2 wheels for 91.00. With my backlog of games to play I will just pick it up when it is not as hard to find.

Are you serious about the hard to find status of it? I bought it alongside my Wii and my Gamestop had loads. Every single gamestop around me has copies as well as Bestbuys and Circuit Citys. It isn't even that great of a game to go crazy over, I found No More Heroes much more fun than it and it was only $20

[quote name='Busyman']I'm in Washmet area and Mario Kart is readily available.

No need for "tracking".[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is no need for this thread. People on EBay are just lazy asses that can't look around and this game isn't even hard to find. Maybe in some places it might be but not enough places to warrant a tracking thread. Sorry but it's true

It's back ordered on gamestop.com, my store supposedly has some. Guess it could be hard to find depending on your area.

I have an unopened copy of Mario Kart that I'm thinking about selling since I don't even have time to play it right now. If anyone is interested in it, PM me with an offer.

Wow, I picked this up on launch with GTA, didn't realize it was hard to find

they had a buy GTA get 10 off coupon at Meijer, so I used it on the MK

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this game at launch. People tell me its stupid to reserve games, then they want to know where I found the game at three days after its out.

I was about to trade this in towards NCAA 08 or Civ Revolution. Glad I chose not to go to Gamestop today. So why is it sold out everywhere? I didn't think it would even be a HUGE game to find. Wii Fit I can see, but this?

This is one thing that Nintendo has done that I don't like this generation, the "less amount" of systems and games is really annoying. But I don't play it and it's mint because I only used it twice, might as well see if anyone wants it.

Wow this is just stupid. I was going to pick up this game this weekend from best buy because i am having a party and everyone likes mario kart right? Well it seems that every store in my area is sold out and now i see that every store online has it sold out as well. Nintendos master plan of not printing enough games it getting rather annoying. Getting a Wii was a pain in the ass, getting my wii fit was a pain in the ass, and now even getting mario kart is a pain in the ass. I totally agree with cleaver, this is just getting rediculuous.

Can't say I've been actively looking for the game, but as I stroll the game aisles at CC and Best Buy, I have yet to see this thing in stock and in person. I've seen Wii's in stock before, but not Mario Kart Wii. I thought the game wasn't that good! I'm surprised this is selling out compared to Smash Bros. which is basically in stock everywhere. Maybe the wheel cuts down the amount Nintendo can churn out?

I had no idea this game was hard to find. I never considered getting it because I was waiting for a deal on it (under $35). I see people are paying $80+ shipping for it on EBay. I guess I'll be waiting for a while

I wonder what the bottle neck is?
Games, cases, manuals are pretty standard.
The wii wheel itself is widely available.
That leaves the oversize packaging itself as the culprit. Either the making of the package, the process of packaging or the logistics of delivery/storage.

i can understand if the WiiFit boards take longer to produce, but Mario Kart and the Wheel should not be this hard to find. so friggin lame. based on the ebay auctions, i'd imagine every single hoarder in existence bought tons just to resell.

Not sure if someone has posted this here yet, but I work at Gamestop and we were advised to tell people that we will not be getting any more Mario Karts with the wheel included. The only way for people to get the wheel is separate.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Not sure if someone has posted this here yet, but I work at Gamestop and we were advised to tell people that we will not be getting any more Mario Karts with the wheel included. The only way for people to get the wheel is separate.[/quote]

So does that mean the price will drop under $49.99 when available?

bread's done
Back