Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - 3DS Preorder Deal @ Newegg

off topic: it cracks me up when someone uses the phrase "probably definitely"

on topic: the game definitely has a great pedigree. im sure it's going to rock. thanks for the post.

Most of the new 3DS first-party releases lately have been $34.99. I'd think the $39.99 prices for all the recently announced upcoming 3DS games (Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi, Mario Party) are just placeholders, at this point. They may end up being that price, but with PokemonMD, Donkey Kong 3D, and Animal Crossing all ending up being $34.99, there's a chance this may end up at $35, too (I'd personally say Golf and Party are really good chances of being $35 with Mario & Luigi possibly still staying at the premium $40 like Luigi's Mansion). Just to mention that a $6 discount now may not be a big deal if the price drops $5 as it gets closer to launch. FYI.

[quote name='donny2112']Most of the new 3DS first-party releases lately have been $34.99. I'd think the $39.99 prices for all the recently announced upcoming 3DS games (Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi, Mario Party) are just placeholders, at this point. They may end up being that price, but with PokemonMD, Donkey Kong 3D, and Animal Crossing all ending up being $34.99, there's a chance this may end up at $35, too (I'd personally say Golf and Party are really good chances of being $35 with Mario & Luigi possibly still staying at the premium $40 like Luigi's Mansion). Just to mention that a $6 discount now may not be a big deal if the price drops $5 as it gets closer to launch. FYI.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Donkey kong is already 35.00. I have a feeling that this game will be on sale quickly like the other mario luigi games were. Some 3ds games never go down in price but this won't be one of them.

I think I'm going to wait on this one. Got a backlog going and I dont know if I can handle another game.

DCK3D, PXZ, SMT4, TALES. I am really living the cheapass stereotype: backlog for days and no time to play games.

I know I'll be able to pick this up later a bit cheaper, if I am just patient. I loved the previous iterations!

[quote name='Sandrock7383']the game definitely has a great pedigree.[/QUOTE]

I agree; but so did the Paper Mario series until it hit the 3DS...

Bowser's Inside Story is still one of my all-time favorite portable games, so they better not blow it with the next game in the series.

Going to hold off because I still think it's going to MSRP for $35 and that there will be a better deal later on. Thanks for the post anyway!

[quote name='AwRy108']I agree; but so did the Paper Mario series until it hit the 3DS...

Bowser's Inside Story is still one of my all-time favorite portable games, so they better not blow it with the next game in the series.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing through Sticker Star and am loving the hell out of the game.

It's not a traditional Paper Mario RPG but the game is really fun fas an action puzzler.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']I think the deal is over.[/QUOTE]

Nope still working as I just did a preorder for it.

[quote name='silkysmooth']Going to hold off because I still think it's going to MSRP for $35 and that there will be a better deal later on. Thanks for the post anyway![/QUOTE]

TOTALLY. Thank you for typing what I am trying to convince myself of!

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Newegg doesn't charge until shipping time, right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah they don't charge you until it ships. You might as well pre-order a copy and if the msrp is $35 you can always cancel it. It can be cancelled anytime without any problems.

[quote name='Gary71313']Yeah they don't charge you until it ships. You might as well pre-order a copy and if the msrp is $35 you can always cancel it. It can be cancelled anytime without any problems.[/QUOTE]

Especially since these deals don't tend to last beyond the first day of them being announced. Also, odds are this game will be $39.99 MSRP. That just seems to be the case with Mario games and Nintendos core IPs. I'd bite this deal while it's up if you have any doubts.. it's not like you'll pay now and you can always cancel it.

Thanks OP! Ordered one. Loved Inside Story and havent been able to play Partners in Time. Really liked the SNES Mario RPG combat and gladly buy this day 1

[quote name='antlp89']I'm playing through Sticker Star and am loving the hell out of the game.

It's not a traditional Paper Mario RPG but the game is really fun fas an action puzzler.[/QUOTE]

At risk of going off topic I have to agree with this. If they had billed it as a non-RPG Paper Mario (no way to avoid Paper Mario, with the paper theme being so integral) I don't think there would be an issue. It's an absolutely fantastic game.

On-topic: Even if this ends up being part of the new "MSRP" Nintendo has been trying (35) this is still a good deal imho and I can always cancel the preorder if a better deal comes around.

I agree I loved Paper Mario: Sticker Star as well, then again, I never played any of the other Paper Mario games so I went into not knowing what to expect. The lack of exp from battles felt weird though.

Anyways on topic, I haven't played a game from this series since Superstar Saga.. so I'm really looking forward to play this game. I might have to pick up Bowsers Inside Story sometime before this is released though. I hear a lot of good things..

[quote name='antlp89']I'm playing through Sticker Star and am loving the hell out of the game.

It's not a traditional Paper Mario RPG but the game is really fun fas an action puzzler.[/QUOTE]

Oh, the good snes days....
I wish they remade the snes super mario rpg

[quote name='The Punisher']Oh, the good snes days....
I wish they remade the snes super mario rpg[/QUOTE]

Well they should let Square do another collab then.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well they should let Square do another collab then.[/QUOTE]
Oh boy oh boy then they could put Lightning in it!!!!! YESS!!!!!

just kidding.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Oh boy oh boy then they could put Lightning in it!!!!! YESS!!!!!

just kidding.[/QUOTE]

:roll: you do you realize that Legend of the Seven Stars was produced by Squaresoft right?

[quote name='The Punisher']I wish they remade the snes super mario rpg[/QUOTE]

nononononononono. They'll ruin it.

Deal's still active, by the way. Just pulled the trigger. Thanks for the info, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for posting this OP. I loved Bowser's Inside Story and it might be my all-time favorite handheld game. I just have to realize this game most likely won't be quite that great, and not get my expectations too high.

bread's done
Back