mario&luigi or zelda for gba?

greyzieoriental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
which one should i buy? i was thinkinh bout M&L but i heard it was only like 11 hours long and i was wondering how long is zelda 4 swords? and since four swords+ is coming to gcn. will it include zelda link to the past(snes)?

measuring games by hours is the stupidest thing ever in the history of ever.

I spent about 25 hours my first time through Malio & Ruigi.

it is an excellent game

No mention of LTTP being included on 4 swords +. It's a game yo must play some time, if you didn't on SNES.

I'd go with Mario and Mr. Green Pants. It's a fun game that I had a hard time putting down. But if you've never played LTTP, it's one of the best games ever, and worth the pick-up. It's a matter of what style gameplay you like best, and if you've played/have the SNES classic.

Sidenote, who cares how long it is, Metroid Zero mission rewards you for beating it fast, but does that make it bad, hells no.

I tried M&L but I don't know, it seemed too kiddy for me. And Zelda I got bored of it right after I got the Master Sword. I'm kind of picky when it comes to games... so that may not help you whatsoever =P

[quote name='DenisDFat']measuring games by hours is the stupidest thing ever in the history of ever.[/quote]

I disagree. Sometimes you wanna get a game that you know will last you a while. WHile there are many great games that are short, many of them unfortunately offer zero replay value leaving the game unplayed when you've finished it. So play time could often really mean the difference between a rental and a purchase. Why purchase a game you will beat in a day and not touch again unless you are a collector or have money burning in your pocket? I'm not saying either of the games apply to what I'm saying as i love A Link to the Past and never played M&L, but many games fit into this category. SO maybe its not the smartest thing in the world but it isn't the stupidest.

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='DenisDFat']measuring games by hours is the stupidest thing ever in the history of ever.[/quote]

I disagree. Sometimes you wanna get a game that you know will last you a while. WHile there are many great games that are short, many of them unfortunately offer zero replay value leaving the game unplayed when you've finished it. So play time could often really mean the difference between a rental and a purchase. Why purchase a game you will beat in a day and not touch again unless you are a collector or have money burning in your pocket? I'm not saying either of the games apply to what I'm saying as i love A Link to the Past and never played M&L, but many games fit into this category. SO maybe its not the smartest thing in the world but it isn't the stupidest.[/quote]

But one gamers 11 hours maybe anothers 24.Without knowing the skill of the gamer who est. how long it took him u wouldn't really be any closer to knowing how long it will take u.For instance when my Bestfriend said he had NG for almost a week and it wasn't beat I knew I was getting it cuz me and him beat games in 1-3 days all the time.I knew his skill level.Now if a 12 yr old says it took him 37 hrs to beat M&L but never mentions here he's only 12 I{not me I don't let people online judge what's good for me or how long I'll take}might think it'll take me 20 hr where it really only takes me 12.This is all a theory and is in no way based on facts or any real life situations.

I agree, all gamers have a different level of play. Besides just cause one did 11 hours, he could have just been flying through. It's like say some of the most recent FF games out there. You can beat them in 30-40 hours, but if you actually want to do everything, you can get your monies worth (if you want time). Personally I would buy both like defender said, but go with M&L. Though I enjoy the NES and SNES ports the original games are definitely more fun to play.

I own both, and I find M&L more enjoyable, Zelda has so many puzzles to solve, they take a lot of time. M&L just gets straight to the action, and is very very fun. Zelda took me around 20+ hours to beat, and M%L took 15 when I got mostly everything, so for me, I would get zelda for replay value, but M&L is more of a variety, instead of zelda's slash, slash, slash.

Go with Zelda:Lttp, it is still the best Zelda and one of the best games of all time. Mario and Luigi was a solid 20 hours, but I just wanted it to end a bit after the halfway point. Both are very good games though, I just know I will never play M&L again, while I have played through Lttp every year since it came out on SNES.

"I spent about 25 hours my first time through Malio & Ruigi."

Yeah, me too.
Are you a Dvorak typer by the way?

I am not sure witch I would choose, as the games are so different. It really depends on you. aLttP is a legendary adventure, and M&L a funny RPG. They are both great, but to be honest, I would rather play M&L with the GBA while away from home.

I don't know about M&L, but definitely get Zelda. I played it when I had SNES. And now is playing it again after so many years on my GBA SP. It's still a very fun game.

Well, I'm quite partial to LttP because thats one of my favorite games of alltime. However, Mario & Luigi is amazing too. Either game would be a great choice, but iI'd suggest LttP first.

bread's done
Back