mario strikers charged. is it worth buying?

It's a good buy, if you're the kind of person who will keep on playing it.
For me, it got a little boring after I beat the "Road to the Striker Cup" mode.

It's fun as a frantic arcadey sports game, but you should play it with friends on the sofa to really enjoy it. Trash-talking and elbowing the guy next to you really adds to the experience.

--R.J.

I borrowed it for a few weeks. The main thing I hated about it was the super shot thing, where you shoot like 6 balls in a row and the other person has to block them. It really breaks up the game and if the opponent sucks at blocking, you can win by a landslide, since setting up those shots seemed too easy.

I really wanted to like it but I got bored after about a week. I left it sitting on my shelf for a month and then eventually sold it.

I loved everything about the game except the actual playing of it. The music, graphics, sounds and powers were all fantastic. But the actual gameplay was too frantic and annoying. I traded it in for Sonic and Mario at the Olympics. Though I hope to pick it back up again at some point and give it a second chance at a lower price point.

I did not care for the cut scenes or the multiple super shot thing. Just got sick of watching them. The rest of the game was good but those two things were enough to ruin it for me. Most people don't mind these things so I say go for it.

bread's done
Back