Mario Strikers

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
I played this game today and i am very impressed with it and most def will pre order it soon. It is very arcade like and easy to get into with excellent controls.:D just a recomendation for people who wondering what to get on the gamecube:D

[quote name='panasonic']I played this game today and i am very impressed with it and most def will pre order it soon. It is very arcade like and easy to get into with excellent controls.:D just a recomendation for people who wondering what to get on the gamecube:D[/QUOTE]
Yep. My fiancee and I played that for a few minutes in TRU the other day, we both enjoyed it immediately. Tackle, pass, shoot, that's really about it. I'm sure there's more complicated stuff, but its simple enough to pick up and play with essentially no learning curve.

Did you guys do the supered up shot? Where you jump into the air and attack with a golf game-style meter? I think it's unstoppable if you get it off hitting both times in the green, since it hits the keeper and pushes him all the way into the goal.

It seems too easy to tackle people and knock them down. Seems like the game wouldn't be that balanced for good competitive play. Gameplay would be like tackle-get tacked-tackle-get tackled on and on. Maybe you just get better at passing. But seriously, computer really sucks at that game and never has the ball for more than like 3 seconds before I take it away.

[quote name='banpeikun']Did you guys do the supered up shot? Where you jump into the air and attack with a golf game-style meter? I think it's unstoppable if you get it off hitting both times in the green, since it hits the keeper and pushes him all the way into the goal.

It seems too easy to tackle people and knock them down. Seems like the game wouldn't be that balanced for good competitive play. Gameplay would be like tackle-get tacked-tackle-get tackled on and on. Maybe you just get better at passing. But seriously, computer really sucks at that game and never has the ball for more than like 3 seconds before I take it away.[/QUOTE]
I didn't play the computer, so I'm not really sure. It is pretty easy to tackle, but I think that's part of it. You don't have to be experienced at the game to be as good as someone else. I like it just cause its fun, not so much the difficulty or lack thereof. But we'll see in a month when it comes out.

This game looks really good, and Nintendo games dont drop too fast, so this wouldent be a bad game to get at launch.

[quote name='Rozz']This game looks really good, and Nintendo games dont drop too fast, so this wouldent be a bad game to get at launch.[/QUOTE]
Or better yet, preorder at GameRush for an out-of-pocket expense of around $15.

super-mario-strikers-20050930061224817.jpg

.... i see you baby HAHA (joke)! (i think her heads on backwards)

smstrikers_gcnboxboxart_160w.jpg

I might get this eventually, but I dout it will be as fun as Mario Baseball, Tennis or Golf. Maybe that's just because I don't care for soccer too much. I would like to see a Mario-themed hockey game.

[quote name='onikage']I might get this eventually, but I dout it will be as fun as Mario Baseball, Tennis or Golf. Maybe that's just because I don't care for soccer too much. I would like to see a Mario-themed hockey game.[/QUOTE]
I'm not a big fan of soccer either, but I would recommend trying it out at a Walmart/Target/TRU kiosk, whoever might have it by you. You might be surprised at how enjoyable it is right from the start.

anyone wanna try how good this game is.. check out Soccer Slam, i had a blast when I played it with my roommate. I think mario striker are being developed by the same people...

[quote name='racthamp']anyone wanna try how good this game is.. check out Soccer Slam, i had a blast when I played it with my roommate. I think mario striker are being developed by the same people...[/QUOTE]
Correct

[quote name='onikage']I might get this eventually, but I dout it will be as fun as Mario Baseball, Tennis or Golf. Maybe that's just because I don't care for soccer too much. I would like to see a Mario-themed hockey game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be rating it very highly in that case, because Mario Tennis and Baseball are horrible. But I love footy, so I'll give this one a shot. My hopes are far from high, though.

I'm not even going to touch the issue of Mario Sports being good or bad, but

[quote name='PaulEMoz']But I love footy[/QUOTE]

..wha..

[quote name='Doom Gaze']I'm not even going to touch the issue of Mario Sports being good or bad, but

..wha..[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that?

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='PaulEMoz']But I love footy[/QUOTE]What's wrong with that?[/QUOTE]Are you from the US? Footy sounds pretty weird. Granted, its meaning is understood in context, but you gotta call it something else.

[quote name='banpeikun']Are you from the US? Footy sounds pretty weird. Granted, its meaning is understood in context, but you gotta call it something else.[/QUOTE]

I'm from England, but live in the US. But everywhere outside the US calls the game football, and we often shorten it to footy. So no, I don't *have to* call it something else, because that's what it's called. :)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']and we're one step closer to mario curling[/QUOTE]

Have you been reading Way of the Rodent? :D

bread's done
Back