Mario Super Sluggers - Aug 25, 2008

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
sup-mario-slug.jpg

Today nintendo annouced another mario game. Mario Super Sluggers.

[quote name='kotaku']
Nintendo kicked off its Media Summit this morning with a quick preview of its next mascot-filled baseball title, now known as Mario Super Sluggers. Nintendo of America's Bill Trinnen walked the gathered press through a single inning—much speedier than the real life thing—featuring the Mario Firebats team taking on the Peach Royals. Like Super Mario Strikers, Mario Super Sluggers uses a similar coach character team set up, with second string NIntendo characters like Shy Guy and Baby Mario covering the field while the player handles pitching duties.
Mario Super Sluggers uses a control scheme built on the foundation of Wii Sports baseball, with only Wii Remote gestures required to play. With Mario as his pitcher, Trinnen demoed the game's controls, using Wii-mote swinging to throw fastballs, curveballs and, naturally, fireballs. Twists of the remote during your swing allows for curveballs, with a properly timed swing—performed just as a set of glowing rings centers on your character—adding extra heat to the ball. [/quote]

http://kotaku.com/378348/nintendo-demos-mario-super-sluggers-for-wii

They say its built on the minigame on wii sports, but with fielding included too.

Was there a predecessor for this on GCN or something? Because I am just not excited at all by this announcement. Maybe playing an earlier build will hype me up some (?).

I'm looking forward to this. I was a big fan of the Gamecube version. I was hoping this one would add online play. I guess we'll see...

[quote name='JoeB1233']Was there a predecessor for this on GCN or something? Because I am just not excited at all by this announcement. Maybe playing an earlier build will hype me up some (?).[/quote]

They had Mario Super Star Baseball or something to that affect on the Cube

It's going to have be pretty good to justify a purchase by me. I finally got MLB Power Pros and that seems like the only baseball game I need.

I played the GC version and i got to say when there were 4 people playing it was very fun, i can only hope they don't over do it with Wii controls

Holy Jesus, I'm in heaven.

I get to play another game featuring glorious Nintendo characters like Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, the list goes on and on. It's exactly what I want in every game I play. I love those characters so much. I wish they could star in every game. Or at least be unlockable in every game.

With such innovative, immersive controls coupled with a cast of fresh and unique all-star characters, it's no wonder I play my Wii every single day. This is another day one purchase for me.

Heaven!

[quote name='Jest']Put Ken Griffey Jr. Major League Baseball on the VC.[/QUOTE]

Listen to this guy. He knows what a good baseball game is.

Hmm, this makes me curious in the GC version... would it be worth picking up if I already have Power Pros?

[quote name='evergoo']Listen to this guy. He knows what a good baseball game is.[/quote]

Listen to this guy. He knows who a guy who knows a good baseball game is.

GameCube one was pretty fun, although there were some annoying problems, mostly with the fielding. Still looking forward to this one.

[quote name='evergoo']Listen to this guy. He knows what a good baseball game is.[/QUOTE]

Ken Griffey on the SNES would be awesome (N64 version wouldn't hurt, either). Put it up with one of the greatest baseball games of all time already on the VC: Baseball Stars 2. Throw Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball on there too, and you've got some of the best sports games ever made.

[quote name='bmulligan']It's amazing that the Wii is still considered the least "green" console considering how well Nintendo knows how to recycle.[/quote]

It's even more amazing that some people still bitch about Nintendo continuing to work on the beloved series of many gamers, despite the fact that each game is consistently and progressively great.

This still looks like shit.

Nintendo has not made a new franchise in forever, and instead they are dumbing down all the games for mass consumption.

YES!

I said that a Mario Baseball game would come out before the holidays this year and here we go.

Now we just need Animal Crossing.

Yeah, how dare Nintendo showcase their world-famous characters? You'd never see Microsoft or Sony do anything like that!

(Now where'd I put my can of Master Chef Mountain Dew?)

Seriously, if the game controls aren't borked, I'll probably end up getting this. My son loves baseball and Mario, and fun family games are always a plus IMO.

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']Yeah, how dare Nintendo showcase their world-famous characters? You'd never see Microsoft or Sony do anything like that!

(Now where'd I put my can of Master Chef Mountain Dew?)

Seriously, if the game controls aren't borked, I'll probably end up getting this. My son loves baseball and Mario, and fun family games are always a plus IMO.

--R.J.[/quote]
Nintendo really does overdo it with all the mario games. but if its fun and my arm doesnt get tired from batting and pitching for 9 innings, im getting it. hopefully online will be included

I love the Mario sports games, I'll most likely pick this up for retail if it reviews well.

But where the hell is Mario Hockey at? It could be like Mutant League but with Mario stuff and not as awesome. Or a Mario Basketball for a console? ;)

I'm sure once the inevitable Mario Tennis and Mario Golf come out.. they may try something like a Hockey or Football game. But what do I know?

Once they officially say "Animal Crossing", all we need then is a Star Fox and a Kirby game and WE SET. Plus, I'm waiting for the Mario Party 9 announcement.. you KNOW it'll happen :lol:

[quote name='InuFaye']This still looks like shit.

Nintendo has not made a new franchise in forever, and instead they are dumbing down all the games for mass consumption.[/QUOTE]

Pikmin is pretty good. I would also say that their Wii Sports is a new franchise that is awesome.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm sure once the inevitable Mario Tennis and Mario Golf come out.. they may try something like a Hockey or Football game. But what do I know?[/quote]

I can't wait for Tennis, and golf would probably also be a day 1 purchase for me.

[quote name='lilboo']Once they officially say "Animal Crossing", all we need then is a Star Fox and a Kirby game and WE SET. Plus, I'm waiting for the Mario Party 9 announcement.. you KNOW it'll happen :lol:[/quote]

You also know that Mario Party 8 will still be $50 MSRP in the year 2020.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I can't wait for Tennis, and golf would probably also be a day 1 purchase for me.

You also know that Mario Party 8 will still be $50 MSRP in the year 2020.[/QUOTE]

Mario Party 4 5 6 and 7 for gamecube are still fuckin $50 :lol:

If it's anywhere as bad or cheap (as in cheap AI) as Mario Baseball was on the GC, count me out. That game wasn't that good for me. And the multiplayer sucked because you didn't have full control when you were out on the field.

[quote name='yukine']I love the Mario sports games, I'll most likely pick this up for retail if it reviews well.

But where the hell is Mario Hockey at? It could be like Mutant League but with Mario stuff and not as awesome. Or a Mario Basketball for a console? ;)[/quote]

doubt that there will be a hockey or football game. Nintendo is a Japanese comp. and Japan is a big market for them. The japanese love baseball but dont like hockey or football. Basketball may be a possibility. I believe there is a mario basketball game out for the ds.

[quote name='InuFaye']This still looks like shit.

Nintendo has not made a new franchise in forever, and instead they are dumbing down all the games for mass consumption.[/QUOTE]

Pikmin, Wii Sports, Elite Beat Agents, Chibi-Robo, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, WarioWare, Drill Dozer, Nintendogs, Electroplankton, Custom Robo, Batallion Wars, Disaster: Day of Crisis- Shut up.

[quote name='Vinny']If it's anywhere as bad or cheap (as in cheap AI) as Mario Baseball was on the GC, count me out. That game wasn't that good for me. And the multiplayer sucked because you didn't have full control when you were out on the field.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You could play the outfield.

I loved the depth in Mario Baseball. More than any of the other Mario sports games. There were tons of characters, skill sets and interactions. Can't wait for this.

[quote name='Greetard']Pikmin, Wii Sports, Elite Beat Agents, Chibi-Robo, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, WarioWare, Drill Dozer, Nintendogs, Electroplankton, Custom Robo, Batallion Wars, Disaster: Day of Crisis- Shut up.[/quote]

Thats the best you can do, a bunch of games that have already come out?
Out of that list you have one game that has not come out.

Bring back the Koopa Kids for Super Mario 3 and all the old school characters.
I hope this one is going to come out soon. I hope they don't fail with this one and Mariokart.

[quote name='InuFaye']Thats the best you can do, a bunch of games that have already come out?
Out of that list you have one game that has not come out.[/quote]
The hell? You said "in forever", implying that it has been a substantial amount of time since a new franchise was launched. Most of the (very good) examples provided came out within the last few years with reasonable spacing between each title. Does this mean that "in forever", which generally refers to the past, actually means "in the future"? I'll fix it for you:

[quote name='InuFaye']Nintendo has not made a new franchise in the future, and instead they will be dumbing down all the games for mass consumption.[/quote]

Now we know that Nintendo will never come out with a new franchise again.

[quote name='CouRageouS']
thumb463x_super_mario_sluggers_wii-thumb.jpg

Mario looks like a midget (more so) in this shot. His batting stance is horrible![/quote]

Not to mention that he should have started his swing LONG ago.

[quote name='InuFaye']Thats the best you can do, a bunch of games that have already come out?
Out of that list you have one game that has not come out.[/QUOTE]

You're retarded. Mephitical's got the right idea.

EDIT: And tack on Hotel Dusk to that list too, ass.

[quote name='lordwow']Is it bad that even a baseball game I go "gosh I hope this has GC Controller support"[/quote]
who wants GC controller support with this?
swinging the wiimote like a bat or throwing it like a pitch seems like a winning combination

Its okay because you dont have to field anymore, or base run!

The game does it for you.

Im not trying to troll, its just that it seems like a waste of talent to not try and make anything new.

Plus this is being made by namco, not nintendo.

[quote name='Greetard']Pikmin, Wii Sports, Elite Beat Agents, Chibi-Robo, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, WarioWare, Drill Dozer, Nintendogs, Electroplankton, Custom Robo, Batallion Wars, Disaster: Day of Crisis- Shut up.[/quote]

Batallion Wars is based on Advance Wars and that is based on NES Wars. :)

[quote name='InuFaye']Its okay because you dont have to field anymore, or base run!

The game does it for you.

Im not trying to troll, its just that it seems like a waste of talent to not try and make anything new.

Plus this is being made by namco, not nintendo.[/quote]

i dont know about baserunning but this game will included fielding.

and how are you not trying to troll?

[quote name='InuFaye']Plus this is being made by namco, not nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Yeesh, count me out then... I don't have much faith in them anymore.

bread's done
Back