Marketplace/Feedback Notification PMs

notwen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
Have any of you ever had an issue w/ any of the following:

• No feedback left for a trade/transaction and forgotten about it?
  • Had a Marketplace trade update and not known about it?

I've seen numerous requests/posts here and it is never addressed, just wondering how many people want to see this happen.

Recently realized I'm missing feedback from some previous trades ever since Marketplace killed off PM notifications of feedback being left. It's convenient for the system to let you know someone has left you feedback so you can do the same in return. Although I've rarely used the new Marketplace I've also seen how trades can get updates and you not realize it, due to the system failing to notify you that the other party has replied.

This seems like it could be an easy fix, I may be wrong, but some acknowledgment of the issue and some options to address it would be appreciated. Anyone else have similar thoughts, if so please share. =]

You should already be getting reminder notifications for all of these things. I'll look into it, it might be a bug.

[quote name='JP']I got some notifications today. Definitely nice to see those being sent.[/QUOTE]

Just curious if you've had any in previous transactions? I had one left yesterday and received no notification of any sort still.

Had a chance to take a look around the notification stuff John? Just received another feedback w/o any notification of any kind.

The last person I made a deal with on here never left feedback(game case(s)/artwork(s)/manual(s) for a couple of games), but I had already deleted the PM's after they said they received it and all was good and they would leave feedback(and never did).

Yeah, I'm not getting feedback emails again. I got one and thought it was fixed but I didn't receive any emails from the feedback I got yesterday.

Anyone w/ a recent Marketplace Transaction able to say whether or not the automated trade messages, updates & feedback used in the Marketplace are sending out notifications?

[quote name='notwen']Thanks John. Let me know if I could help leaving dummy feedback etc to test your possible tweaks/adjustments. =][/QUOTE]

The reason notifications were disabled was that some users left feedback for marketplace trades without using the marketplace... they manually left feedback instead. So when notifications are on, it keeps on sending reminders. I'll have to come up with a workaround.

[quote name='John']The reason notifications were disabled was that some users left feedback for marketplace trades without using the marketplace... they manually left feedback instead. So when notifications are on, it keeps on sending reminders. I'll have to come up with a workaround.[/QUOTE]

As in they left feedback w/o closing out the trade? There's no real solution for that I guess; when you update the Marketplace trade saying you've received your item does it automatically prompt you to leave feedback for the other party?

As far as non-Marketplace feedback goes have you enabled notifications for normal feedback being left or waiting to come up w/ a workaround?

Automatic PM reminders will now go out 7 days after a trade's last activity if either party hasn't left feedback. Also, if a user hasn't left feedback through the marketplace but it was for a marketplace based trade, it'll automatically link the two if both the trade and the feedback occurred within a month of each other.

You'll also get a notification when someone leaves non-marketplace feedback. (And leaving feedback through the feedback page will automatically associate with marketplace trades, if a match is found.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update John, sounds like you've taken care of all feedback-related issues; can't wait to give it a test run =]

I'm currently missing feedback from a previous non-market-place trade, will the CAG site to constantly hassle the user? As I've resorted to doing a weekly bump PM requesting the user leave feedback.

[quote name='notwen']Thanks for the update John, sounds like you've taken care of all feedback-related issues; can't wait to give it a test run =]

I'm currently missing feedback from a previous non-market-place trade, will the CAG site to constantly hassle the user? As I've resorted to doing a weekly bump PM requesting the user leave feedback.[/QUOTE]

It's only really practical for us to issue one reminder, otherwise we're going to be filling up people's PM inboxes. If a user ignores one PM, sending multiple probably won't make a difference. (As you're finding out!)

I'll also make some changes so the trade notification under the CAG logo will also apply to trades which are complete, excluding feedback. Working on that today.

Just received my first non-market feedback since your changes and a notification PM was indeed sent by CAG. Thanks John for your time & dedication.

bread's done
Back