Marketplace transation with bunk22

Eclipse90692

CAG Veteran
On December 15, 2010 I gave bunk22 an offer on Call of Duty : Black Ops and he accepted it, he told me to send the payment as a gift (at the time of the transaction this did not phase me, it was in the early morning and I didn't think anything about it) so I did just that and I did not hear from him for a few days so I pmed him and he had assured me that it was shipped out Dec 17, but I still have not received my game.

A few days ago I PMed him and asked him if he had a tracking number or confirmation number, and of course he did not. Now I checked his profile today and he is under trade review, and everyone is advised NOT to trade to him.

So my question is because I sent it through paypal as a gift, I won't be able to dispute this transaction will I? I have all the proof that he asked me to send the money as a gift for the video game.

Also, I did not think anything about it because he had 100% feedback from 12 other people, which said everything went smoothly. Sigh.

Yeh I sent him my Red Dead Redemption game for Black Ops from him.. What a scumbag he is. I'm going to the post office and post a fraud claim on him..

[quote name='Th3rd_Eye']Yeh I sent him my Red Dead Redemption game for Black Ops from him.. What a scumbag he is. I'm going to the post office and post a fraud claim on him..[/QUOTE]

He said he would trade black ops? when he told me he would sell me black ops.. lmao.
I got no post office transaction, just a gift sent through paypal I think I gotta check this off as a learnt experience.

Basically your boned and out your cash; there's a reason Cag trading rules were changed so paypal gift isn't allowed anymore. Though it's a pain sometimes it does protect you in the unlikely event something like this happens.

[quote name='blissskr']Basically your boned and out your cash; there's a reason Cag trading rules were changed so paypal gift isn't allowed anymore. Though it's a pain sometimes it does protect you in the unlikely event something like this happens.[/QUOTE]
I haven't done any transactions through the Marketplace but I'm not sure if a message noting that is posted anywhere. If it isn't I think a warning about Paypal gift payments being listed somewhere in the marketplace or transaction page would be helpful. Some people probably don't know about that change in the trade forums as they might not have ever went in there.

OP, I'd recommend talking with Paypal to see what they can do for you. It's likely they'll tell you it's a gifted payment and there's nothing they can do to fix it. You could talk with your bank or credit card company and see what they can do to help.

I'd make sure to file a complaint on IC3.gov, as well as with the post office for mail fraud.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, I'd recommend talking with Paypal to see what they can do for you. It's likely they'll tell you it's a gifted payment and there's nothing they can do to fix it. You could talk with your bank or credit card company and see what they can do to help.

I'd make sure to file a complaint on IC3.gov, as well as with the post office for mail fraud.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i'm going to do

Also is there a way to go back and look at the messages you sent. I had the delivery confirmatin number in one of the messages I sent Bunk22 and I think I threw it away. And I need it in this ic3 complaint.

[quote name='JP']I haven't done any transactions through the Marketplace but I'm not sure if a message noting that is posted anywhere. If it isn't I think a warning about Paypal gift payments being listed somewhere in the marketplace or transaction page would be helpful. Some people probably don't know about that change in the trade forums as they might not have ever went in there.[/QUOTE]
As JJSP posted the link it's a sticky near the top of the trading forum and has been there for quite some time. Personal Paypal payments for purchases and payers paying Paypal fees prohibited.

I know about that one, I took part in that discussion. I was talking about placement of that notice on the CAG Marketplace section. Not everyone goes to the trading forums so their should be a notice of that in the Marketplace as well.

[quote name='JP']I know about that one, I took part in that discussion. I contacted Paypal about using gift payments for Steam Group Buys and whether it was allowed. I was talking about placement of that notice on the CAG Marketplace section. Not everyone goes to the trading forums so their should be a notice of that in the Marketplace as well.[/QUOTE]
Sorry my bad, I don't use the marketplace either but it would seem fitting to add that in there somewhere if it's not listed to avoid this from occurring.

[quote name='blissskr']Sorry my bad, I don't use the marketplace either but it would seem fitting to add that in there somewhere if it's not listed to avoid this from occurring.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Maybe a few links to the FAQ on trading/buying/selling and also a link to any other items like the Paypal payment policies would be nice.

bread's done
Back