Maroon 5 CD=worthy purchase?

jlarlee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I have been really thinking of getting this disc because I have liked every song they released off it. The only thing I'm afraid of is that all of the good songs on it have been released and that the rest of the album is shitty. Does anybody have this CD? Is it solid all the way through

I know they have several great songs, so if you can find a good deal on it, then I would say yes. My sister bought it a couple weeks ago, and she's just going to burn me a copy.

BURN!

I luvr it. Good CD. Pretty much every song is good. Not Coming Home is my favorite song. "When you enter the door pick up the phone you won't find me cause I'm not coming home" ::sweet guitar::

I have it and say that it is a good cd worthy of purchase. Pretty solid all the way through. I bought it at BB when it was on sale so it was a good buy. I don't know if I would pay more than $15 for a CD, ever.

It's twelve bucks at my base exchange tax free. I'm finding th eolder I get the more mellow I like my music I would have never listened to this kind of music 10 years ago. If you like M5 you should check out Five for Fightings 2 CDs similar type music and very solid all the way through

If you like the 2 or 3 singles from the cd and can get it for 15 bucks or so.

(I missed out getting it for 13 from best buy when it first came out and ended up getting it from Virgin megarape for 16 and then discovering a place I could download half the slongs for free :mad:)

it's a decent CD a few songs similar to the singles and a few so so but over all it isnt bad.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']No CD is worth paying $20 for. Just buy it used, crappy top 40 bands always show up as used within a few months.[/quote]

Or you could support your local independent record store and pay the full $12 for it. And I can definitely think of some albums I'd be more than willing to pay a full $20 for.

The CD (as has been stated) is decent. I was underwhelmed when I first listened to it. I think I was expecting something closer to their album as Kara's Flowers -- that was a little more my style. I remember hearing Soap Disco on the radio, then I saw the album cover and knew I had to have it.

I have it. It's a great buy. Look for used CD stores though, around here CDs roughly sell for about $4-$5 used.

BTW, I know what you mean about mellowing with age. I'm listening to a lot of songs I never thought I'd enjoy 5 years ago. But I still love the metal. \m/

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']No CD is worth paying $20 for. Just buy it used, crappy top 40 bands always show up as used within a few months.[/quote]

Since when are cd's 20 bucks?

Yes, definitely get it. It's one of my favorite CD's ever, and at least nearly every song is enjoyable. Chances are if you liked the singles, you will love the whole CD. Please, just buy it.

Cant stand them. but if you like it, why ask us? I get most of my cds online, used. Save quite a bit of cash for a complete mint cd.

Nah. Their first single was really good, which inspired me to preview the rest of their album. As it turns out, "this love" was the only good song on the entire disk (IMO of course).

[quote name='Death2Sanity']*shudders* I'd weigh in with a hefty no, but you're beyond my guidance.[/quote]

I wonder why that is what kind of music do you listen to I probably know almost as much about it unless its country, polka or hardcore deth metal, I listen to just about everything out there from Rap Rnb to alternative/emo to metal to 70's music. I have close to 1500 CDs Besides to me Maroon 5 isn't a normal top 40 type group if I remember right the album was out for over a year before it even found any air play.

They're awful.

I DONT MIND SPENDING EVERY DAY
OUT ON THE CORNER IN THE POURING RAIN

Have you actually LISTENED to that guy sing? He sounds like a fucking computer!

I only have one rule about music in cars that I drive:

No Maroon 5

(and this is coming from someone who lets other people choose the music because I usually don't care.)

[quote name='jlarlee']I'm finding th eolder I get the more mellow I like my music I would have never listened to this kind of music 10 years ago.[/quote]

there's certainly nothing wrong with liking mellow music, but dude, there's actually good mellow music out there, enough to where you don't have to settle listening to crap like maroon 5 or 5 for fighting. seriously. that maroon 5 cd came out like 2 years ago and nobody cared for the first year, and i was ok with that. then all of a sudden a year later they start popping up everywhere and i don't get it. they suck. they sound like the aborted child of jamiroquai and sugar ray.

bread's done
Back