Marvel/Forza 2-pack $89.99 new at Gamestop, WTF??

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
One of my friends pointed out to me yesterday that our local Gamestop is selling the 360 Marvel/Forza 2-pack "new" for an astounding $89.99. Is this a mistake? Has anyone seen it anywhere else?

The used price is $19.99 :roll:

Not to mention it was only available in a pack in and is clearly labeled "Not for Resale" "Not labeled for individual sale" etc. I guess the world's biggest game retailer doesn't need to follow silly manufacturer's rules. (Then again, who's going to enforce them.)

LMAO. Priceless.

BTW it's true. I remember seeing it on their site and laughing. Though your frined should lay off the shrooms anyway :lol:

My gamestop had 2 at the same price some time ago, I asked a guy there why it was so expensive and he said, "It's because there are 2 games worth $50 each in the pack so you actually get a discount" :shock: I bet someone else ate the :bs:because I went back next day ad they didn't have it in stock

I believe it, Circuit City was selling the Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris World pack for XBox for $99.99. It rung up for free when you bought an XBox I think but that was the standalone price. They eventually pennied it out even if you just bought the game pack.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']if new is $90 then how come the trade-in-price is like $7?[/quote]
That sounds about right for gamestop.

Yeah, I asked that EXACT question the day my friend was trading in some games towards the GTAIV 4 promotion.

The teller went silent when I asked why the TIV was so low.

The new price for both games on GS are $30 each separate version so that doesn't even add up to $90 as a bundle.

But like it matters really, i doubt alot of people are looking to get it new from GS anyways.

It's not supposed to be sold. They purposefully made the price so high that it doesn't get sold individually. It's supposed to be bundled (for free) with the Elite systems when they're sold (there's a coupon code to enter, but I don't know it off the top of my head.)

[quote name='reibeatall']It's not supposed to be sold. They purposefully made the price so high that it doesn't get sold individually. It's supposed to be bundled (for free) with the Elite systems when they're sold (there's a coupon code to enter, but I don't know it off the top of my head.)[/quote]

This is exactly it. Besides, it happens often enough that games plummet in trade value the more stores take in. We seriously have over 20 copies of Marvel: UA in my store along with a ton of Forza 2. New prices aren't set by Gamestop. The publisher sets the prices.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Better WTF? is... who the fuck shops at GS aka BS.[/quote]

recently I have found that shopping at GS with EDGE and other discounts can be a rewarding experience, MY last few weeks on Ebay i made abundle buying stuff at EB and doubling my money on Ebay, you just have to know waht to buy.

[quote name='Sinnbox']recently I have found that shopping at GS with EDGE and other discounts can be a rewarding experience, MY last few weeks on Ebay i made abundle buying stuff at EB and doubling my money on Ebay, you just have to know waht to buy.[/quote] Could you private message me with what to buy?

bread's done
Back