Marvel Heroes

There's a sale going on now until July 8th https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/star-spangled-sale-has-begun

Prices are still more than I think they should be on most heroes, but 50% on Captain America's not too bad.
Which of course is the only one i bought at full price lol. I have kinda given up on the game though, i played through twice, and daily missions are kinda meh, it is fun to go through once or twice, but after that... well i got other games to play :)

I tossed them a 20 today.  I've enjoyed the game enough to give them some support but do agree the game still needs work.  (Anyhow, I got a Deadpool Unmasked Chase costume out of a fortune card like two days ago so it was real easy to pick up Deadpool and Captain America. :)

There is some speculation that only Captain is really on sale...  That on the 8th they'll announce that the dollar off character is really their new everyday prices.

been doing a lets paly of this hehe. i'm deadpool and got a deadpool xforce skin to drop! :)
Nice! Deadpool really is fun in this game.

Also for those who don't check in on the Game's forums very often they added Wolverine to the 50% off sale so he's 600 Gs right now.

Also have n more personal glory I got Cyclops via a drop this morning! :D

From reading several boards and gathering some (not exactly hard) information, it seems like if you put some money into the game, the drops are slightly better .. at least when it comes to getting some form of costume or character.

I have yet to get either to drop.

From reading several boards and gathering some (not exactly hard) information, it seems like if you put some money into the game, the drops are slightly better .. at least when it comes to getting some form of costume or character.

I have yet to get either to drop.
I had two costumes drop before spending a dime so I really don't buy into anything like that...

Huge patch rolling out today...

The big new is that cosmic keys are no longer in the game...  All EGC can be accessed with no barriers.  (Any keys you current hold will still be of value in the near future.)

Also some many heroes got buffed that every character is getting a free respec the next time you play them...

Also Ignore Defense Affix has been removed from the game completely...

‘Heals When Dealing Damage’ has been renamed Lifestealer.  Health recovered goes from 20% to 2%.

Patch Notes:

https://www.marvelheroes.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-game-update-1100469

All in all it seems like a real amazing patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even buy Gs in this game.  The money doesn't get transferred from my Steam Wallet to the game.  I like how I'm trying to give them money and they're like, no, we'd rather you not support us.

I've not had any issues with paying though steam...  You might want to make sure your steam overlay thing is still turned on.  I think I read about someone having issues while on their forum.

The money doesn't go from Steam to Marvel.  In my Steam transaction list it says Failed.  I have the overlay on, everything is as it should be.  And now that I have the money in my Steam Wallet, I can't transfer it to the game.

I spent the rest of my preorder bonus on the sale, picked up Captain America & Wolverine. I also got Cable as part of a drop not long ago. I still have a code for an Iron Man armor that I don't have the character to use though. I am currently level 29. The game is way too laggy still though.

BTW, I keep all the medals and starting to think I really don't need to. I only play as one character right now and will get these medals again if I play with other characters. Wish they were more like a badge for your profile showing what villains you have defeated.

Went to a BBQ with the fam and this is all they were playing. So I jumped in with Daredevil to give it another spin. Got Scarlet Witch and now I'm on my way to see what they enjoy about it. The beta did not impress me at all.

I just beat it this morning. At least the final boss. There is some endgame stuff and got to level 30 so unlocked the ultimate power.

I did enjoy it but I am a big Marvel fan and the game was free. Still think it is pretty fun but wish it had a pet system like Torchlight. Sort of now feeling like I should invest some time into Torchlight II.

The stash system in this game is kind of ridiculous. Crafting mats that don't stack and med kits that stick only in increments of 10. Obviously a ploy to get people to buy more stash space, but it still seems silly. Enjoying the game a lot though, but they certainly have a lot of bugs/features to fix still

Lexian, on 08 Jul 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:
The stash system in this game is kind of ridiculous. Crafting mats that don't stack and med kits that stick only in increments of 10. Obviously a ploy to get people to buy more stash space, but it still seems silly. Enjoying the game a lot though, but they certainly have a lot of bugs/features to fix still
They are working on the crafting mats not stacking... Something about the crafting itself mechanics is causing an issue.

Not seeing an issue with the med kits not stacking higher than ten... I keep about 20 on me and I donate the rest.

Retcon, exp potions, rarity potions, unstable molecules not stacking are a much bigger problem. (So are unstable molecules not going into the crafting stash.)

The stash does seem small... especially if you play more than one character (and if you get into crafting at all you almost have to buy a crafting tab.)

FYI: I have two normal stash tabs and one crafting tab. (And while I keep allot of junk I'm tempted to get a hero stash for my primary and secondary...

Yeah it is a little ridiculous. Path of Exile which is also f2p gives more than ample bank space and it feels like just a minor convenience to buy more space in that game. Marvel Heroes feels like you don't have much of a choice. I'm still sorely tempted to buy a stash tab because I'm out of room even though I don't agree with the practice.

The other option is always to create a second account for more bank space

You don't need anyone else, you can run two copies of the game; and everything other than characters/costumes and gear you've already equipped is tradeable.
You forgot a few things that aren't tradeable but that's a pretty cool that you can run two copies.. :)

I have no idea my FPS but I do know I turn my video down to the second to the left for PC performance issues and maybe my own performance issues... I think its easier to see tell what is going on with the lower settings... (or maybe I've just grown more accustomed to the craziness that is Limbo.)

Ouch last three posts... Never a good sign but hopefully that will change soon as a new patch hits tomorrow and, well, its got big change and they announced even bigger changes to occur soon... They are worth talking about.

Anyhow, before that I'll mention I got a second hero drop yesterday... It might indeed be my last.

Announced but not to be implemented yet... Hero tokens are going away. They are going to be replaced by Eternity Splinters... Collect enough and you pick the hero of your choice. (They are aiming for them to drop at a rate that consistent play can net you a new hero in a week or so, much like other F2P games.)

Note: Cosmic Keys are being converted into these. Eternity Splinters will stack-able up to a 1000 units. Adam Warlock will be the vender you talk to redeem them. (FAQ: Link)

Hero Tentative Eternity Splinter Cost

Black Widow 200

Hulk 400

Daredevil 200

Human Torch 400

Hawkeye 200

Jean Grey 400

Scarlet Witch 200

Ms Marvel 400

Storm 200

Punisher 400

Thing 200

Rocket Raccoon 400

Black Panther 400

Thor 400

Cable 400

Wolverine 400

Captain America 400

Deadpool 600

Colossus 400

Iron Man 600

Cyclops 400

Spider-Man 600

In addition, these are the tentative prices for other non-hero items:

• 125 Eternity Splinters for a Retcon Device
  • 200 Eternity Splinters to add a level to your Ultimate Power

Looks like people got that carrot to chase after all...

Patch Talk.

That wasn't the only big announcement... They are introducing a new rarity: Cosmic.

Cosmic Items have the following features:

· All 5 basic item types are available in Cosmic rarity
· Cosmic Items have a yellow highlight in your inventory and yellow text
· Cosmic Items always have 5 affixes
· All cosmic items have an additional bonus of +1 rank to all powers

In addition, every cosmic item has a special ‘Cosmic Power’. We are launching with 5 cosmic powers, each with a new visual effect:

Cosmic Starfall: Chance on hit to deliver a barrage of cosmic beams from the sky, heavily damaging enemies in an area around your target.

Cosmic Bulwark: Chance to spawn a cosmic shield of invulnerability around the wielder during combat.

Cosmic Demonspawn: Chance to summon a powerful cosmically-charged Ngarai Demon during combat.

Cosmic Devastation: Chance for the wielder to explode with devastating circle of cosmic energy when hit.

Cosmic Might: Chance to charge the wielder with massive cosmic power, dramatically increasing their combat abilities.

Design Note: Each of these cosmic powers is intended to live up to the cosmic name in terms of power. Tuning will continue after launch to ensure each cosmic power is dramatically impressive when they activate (from a visual and power standpoint). Additional cosmic properties may be added to coincide with certain storyline occurrences. Note that this additional level of rarity is just one of many item types currently in development.
Bugs and other Buffs will be happening tomorrow also but you'll have to read the patch notes (link) as I think this is the core of the conversation...

So those who have been moving on to other things does this help excite you for the game again?

bread's done
Back