Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Oh yeah, its up to you, I think your guys are fine the way they are. Id sell the black moves off personally.

Breakdown:

5 in black for hulk, minor damage to you and to the enemy team. Just not worth it to me, may save your ass once in a blue moon. Will that 5th tile really help you? What if you're in a situation where hulk cant be the defender? Then whats it worth? You can try & just respec him later if it doesnt work out.

5 in black for Punisher: reduces countdown for the attack tile generator. Computer AI usually puts countdown tiles as a priority to get rid of. Having 1 less turn wont change the fact you may not get a attack tile created. Use it for a team attack & attack tiles as an added bonus. Plus you have multiple blacks you'll create multilple countdown tiles, 1 of them is bound not to get destroyed before some attack tiles are placed. Id say not even worth dropping any other power to even try out.
Given the fact that I never use either of the green moves however, do you still think the same?

I can only imagine how much damage Daken's blue was doing with all those strike tiles on the board. One purple from Mags and he could run it back twice... probably hitting you for 3k plus each time.
Hahah dayummm yeah that sucks DS.
If you ever see a Daken at level 100+ Just dont do it. He was getting off 2-3 strike tiles for every green match & I dont even recall how many times he got off the blue. His damn healing kept him in the game & I eventually switched to attack Wolverine. By that time though He killed my OBW before I have a chance to steal, then did Wolverines Red, so my punisher was gone too. I feel stupid for not prioritizing my attack or taking the team seriously. I just saw 47 point, wolverine & MN mags, & disregarded Daken. Mags never even dropped any blue from his purple either, he just sat back laughing.

If you ever see a Daken at level 100+ Just dont do it. He was getting off 2-3 strike tiles for every green match & I dont even recall how many times he got off the blue. His damn healing kept him in the game & I eventually switched to attack Wolverine. By that time though He killed my OBW before I have a chance to steal, then did Wolverines Red, so my punisher was gone too. I feel stupid for not prioritizing my attack or taking the team seriously. I just saw 47 point, wolverine & MN mags, & disregarded Daken. Mags never even dropped any blue from his purple either, he just sat back laughing.
No I actually did the same thing the first tournament with him and I just put my phone down and stopped playing that day. I was that defeated hahah so I completely understand.

Given the fact that I never use either of the green moves however, do you still think the same?
Given that fact, hmm. I mean The greens are both of those characters best moves. OK its hulks best move for board clearing. Punisher is useful for the strike tiles.

If you're not using the green then Maybe level up Punisher & lower his green skill. I have mine at a green 4 & he's still very effective. The black is a power that you will use mainly because black isnt a skill that a lot of main heavy hitters have. In the long run being able to create strike tiles and attack tiles have a great combo effect. I know you'll use Green for Thor mainly, but strategy wise it's good to have someone who can create both of them together. The only other option for that is Psylocke. When you place her strike & attack tiles together they do some serious Dr. Doom damage.

Hulks black I still say not to bother with so much. Damage is so minimal, its like having 5 in black for Modern storm. Sure it creates a ton of attack tiles, but damage is so minimal why waste a power in it? Plus luck being what it is, you'll end up in the situation where that minimal amount of damage kills your OBW before you have a chance to heal. Then you'll rage quit & Smash your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy fight they said, that team sucks they said, Look at those points they said.....Never listening again.

Too be honest I didnt think that high of a level Daken would matter &, because I was cocky, I went in with only half health.

Serves me right.

<snit>
Pfft, whatever...

NO fuck ING WAY, MAN!!!
b2SBeGE.png

New Bundle Stars live:

Reboot Bundle 4.0 - $1.99 (first 48h) [customspoiler=Includes]

• Tropico Trilogy (Includes Tropico, Tropico 2: Pirate Cove, Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition and Tropico 3: Absolute Power)
  • Hard Reset: Extended Edition (Includes Exile DLC)
  • Inquisitor Deluxe Edition (Includes 2 book PDFs, an artbook PDF plus two-hour soundtrack)
  • Zeno Clash 2
  • The First Templar
  • Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
[/customspoiler]
If you'll indulge me in a little off-topicness, I picked up this bundle earlier today. Looks pretty good for $2 IMO.

Anyone else having trouble connecting, or am I just the lucky one?

Finally broke my 2* streak last night and got... yellow X-Force. That brings me up to the three in the worst Wolverine healing variation, so, um, thanks?

It took me forever to get my Hulk to max powers and now I swear the game is trolling me hard.

I got another Green Hulk from a Recruit Token.

It is like the game reads what you have maxed and is like 'hah we will give them that one'. As soon as I maxed out my 3* Thor I INSTANTLY got 2 different covers and now the exact same thing has happened with Hulk.

You can argue I am having luck still getting 'good' pulls but really I would be curious to see if there is indeed a different algorithm that runs granting slightly different pull rates based on what you already have.

*edit*

Oh yeah and I had a helluva time connecting on my commute this morning. I finally got in but it said I was not in an Alliance again and so when I got my Resupply I didn't get my 190 ISO for everyone's daily activity : /

I know it is just 190 ISO but when you have none any little bit helps!

It took me forever to get my Hulk to max powers and now I swear the game is trolling me hard.

I got another Green Hulk from a Recruit Token.

It is like the game reads what you have maxed and is like 'hah we will give them that one'. As soon as I maxed out my 3* Thor I INSTANTLY got 2 different covers and now the exact same thing has happened with Hulk.

You can argue I am having luck still getting 'good' pulls but really I would be curious to see if there is indeed a different algorithm that runs granting slightly different pull rates based on what you already have.
No thats how the game is, its not just you. Ive had to sell more 3* covers in the past week than I ever had.

Punisher Maxed, red at 5, well guess what? Here you go how about a red punisher! Oh you havent maxed your Classic mags yet? But you have 5 in red for him too? Ok another red cover for your mags!

Pissed at Broly's 3* Thor? Ok here's a Thor cover! Oh wait, its green, you already have 5 in Thors green dont you? Whoops my bad.

I get so happy to see that gold just to open it up & see I already have that power maxed out.

I wouldn't be surprised there is one, but I suspect it's like the old "there will be less 20 ISO results" in PvE - sounds great, but doesn't seem to do anything except every so often.

No thats how the game is, its not just you. Ive had to sell more 3* covers in the past week than I ever had.

Punisher Maxed, red at 5, well guess what? Here you go how about a red punisher! Oh you havent maxed your Classic mags yet? But you have 5 in red for him too? Ok another red cover for your mags!

Pissed at Broly's 3* Thor? Ok here's a Thor cover! Oh wait, its green, you already have 5 in Thors green dont you? Whoops my bad.

I get so happy to see that gold just to open it up & see I already have that power maxed out.
Hahah well if it makes you feel any better I am very jealous of your Mags. I hate that he is the reward for this Psylocke tournament. My MMR is shit and I fight nothing but all 115+ teams minimum and my Psylocke is pretty weak anyway.

I contemplated the 10 pack for the Villain but even that is a freaking 2.2% chance for a villain. Wtf. Ugh.

It's really difficult to split my time between the tournaments and the Sentry events.  I love how the character from the top tier reward is the featured one for the next tournament.

The rich get richer man. Us little guys can't get ahead!

Amazingly enough, Psylocke goes well when paired with Hulk.  I was running with him during the Daken tournament.

I want to thow my Psylocke in the tournament. Since I was in the top 50 & was able to push black to 5 & reduce blue to 4, now need another psylocke red to get her build to 5/3/5 like I want.  Anyways the top 50 is another red classic mags. Can they not change that to the alliance reward? Im tired of red c mags covers already.  I got 1 blue from the daily rewards & have been lucky with some purples, but they love that red cover. I know whine whine whine.

SO speaking of red covers, what you think about your hot new sentry? Kinda nice we all got one, reminds me of the hulk event.

SO speaking of red covers, what you think about your hot new sentry? Kinda nice we all got one, reminds me of the hulk event.
Not a fan of his red when playing his powered up version. Ends your turn and you do over 1k damage to your team if red is on the board? That's not even worth it as finishing move, because you still take the damage even if you win.

Amazingly enough, Psylocke goes well when paired with Hulk. I was running with him during the Daken tournament.

I want to thow my Psylocke in the tournament. Since I was in the top 50 & was able to push black to 5 & reduce blue to 4, now need another psylocke red to get her build to 5/3/5 like I want. Anyways the top 50 is another red classic mags. Can they not change that to the alliance reward? Im tired of red c mags covers already. I got 1 blue from the daily rewards & have been lucky with some purples, but they love that red cover. I know whine whine whine.

How did you get a Sentry...? I didnt get one.

Also, we all should go super hard and kick ass in this Psylocke for me in honor or buying multiple slots for us so that I can build up my Magneto... : P

Eh? Eh?

It's in one of the unlocked nodes for Big Thunder Mountain, er, Thunderbolt Mountain.
Yeah just saw that!

I saw it originally and only looked at the fact that 1) I couldnt use Thor and then 2) There was like no point gain so I ignored it.

Having Sentry I dont really care anyway though since using him powered up even I do not like him.

Oh well, I have the slot so in my roster he goes!

I'm guessing most of you are in the CAGvengers alliance (seen you on the charts!). But for stragglers, ALPA-TEAM is recruiting! We've been having some membership changes and want to strengthen our alliance. We have placed in the top 100 in all events except 1. Top 50 in most. We got our Nick Fury covers in Season 1! So, if you are a consistent player in PVE and PVP, we are interested in you! Send me a PM with:
1. Your main team(s).
2. Season 1 score (approximate)
3. Current season 2 score
4. Current PVE score (overall for Sentry event)
5. Email to reach you at to get you in ASAP
6. Your username in the game 

Facebook is a plus since we use that a lot to communicate. 

NOTE: If you want to just get the Alliance cover for Sentry that will work for us. We are ideally looking for 40k points in that event. 30k could work. So, just get in quick to get that yellow cover! I will be replying ASAP! PM me with above info

I'm guessing most of you are in the CAGvengers alliance (seen you on the charts!). But for stragglers, ALPA-TEAM is recruiting! We've been having some membership changes and want to strengthen our alliance.
I may have to think about this :whistle2:k , the CAGvengers suck, I need a change..... :booty:

Althought my sentry score is pretty low, I missed a day. Im not even in the top 100 :cry:

I made it to 40K didnt even break the top 100, I hate that event. I think they knew not as many people would make it, so thats why they gave away a free sentry. Wonder what next event it.
I wasn't in the top 100 at 45k, so I loaded up one boosts and blew through that extra node that needed Daken but had level 150 Wolverine, a lieutenant and a soldier a few times to get to 47k. It got me up to #77 with a few hours to go, thankfully it held for top 100.

Wasn't there supposed to be 2 recruit tokens for alliance rewards? I was sure I saw Prodigal Son token for top 250 in Thunderbolts and a Heroic for top 250 in Prodigal Son, but I only received the Heroic.

I finally pulled a Spiderman last night hahaha

So now I have Sentry and Spiderman added to my roster.... and frankly I don't give a damn haha. Lame characters.

I am with DS in that I hope we get time to just build up who we have before they try and introduce yet another character.

Wasn't there supposed to be 2 recruit tokens for alliance rewards? I was sure I saw Prodigal Son token for top 250 in Thunderbolts and a Heroic for top 250 in Prodigal Son, but I only received the Heroic.
Sorry if you didn't get that token. It redeems on a different page than the regular heroic recruit tokens, if you hadn't checked that yet.

I got both, and actually pulled 2 blues... New Daken and Invisible Woman. My Sue can now get to level 71, halfway to viability for a 4*.

Crap. Probably no hope of getting D3/Demiurge to fix this for me.

Yes, I'm aware that Prodigal Son tokens are redeemed on a different page. I noticed when I got my individual reward token that it said expired and then the Prodigal Son page disappeared after I redeemed it. (Another fuck ING Ares, BTW. That makes 5 in a row for my 2* or better reward tokens.)

Congrats on your pulls.

I ended up not getting a Sentry.  Didn't play the first sub event at all, and was concentrating more on the tournament for a few others.

Then of course, the event has to end at 9 while I' at work...

I've got like 3000 ISO now. Thinking about pushing my X Force Wolvie up to level 90. Although I don't really like his skill set.

I can get Punisher, Psylocke and a few other 3 stars into the 40s but that doesn't quite make the usable.

I ended up not getting a Sentry. Didn't play the first sub event at all, and was concentrating more on the tournament for a few others.

Then of course, the event has to end at 9 while I' at work...

I've got like 3000 ISO now. Thinking about pushing my X Force Wolvie up to level 90. Although I don't really like his skill set.

I can get Punisher, Psylocke and a few other 3 stars into the 40s but that doesn't quite make the usable.
I only got the red one they basically gave away myself.

I am not heartbroken at all. Having used him powered up I do not really want him on my team other than for random powered up PvE events.

I assume you mean 30,000 ISO? Hahah 3,000 ISO gets my guys a single level now : /

I would wait and keep saving the ISO up and not just spend it since you have it. Wait until you get the covers for the characters you really want to use and you will be so happy that you saved it up.

PVE events are great, its great for building up all the ISO. What I hate is the randomess of the level and points award for each nodes.

Yes, those were the rewards I got. You may want to send a trouble ticket into them when you get the chance. They may be able to check your account and possible reissue you another token.

While I didnt get the sentry (except the freebie), Im not upset about it either. As stated, his skill set is lacking. For such a powerful character he shouldnt have such a horrible power set. I get the self damage, since he's always at war with himself about letting the void take over. Still he doesnt even have his signature move, which is kinda stupid. Although his signature move is throwing stuff into the sun, which I guess would be an insta-kill anyways. (This move also a knock on superman, since thats usually what superman does too)

a319qw.jpg

Although I cant be too mad, one of my tokens got me a Green 4* X-force Wolverine, which that power itself is called X-force. So I got an X-force, X-force..... Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?! (if you got that quote, you get points!) Since he's now able to be leveled over 100, I may work on him. Yeah yeah I know I have 3*s that need to be at level 141 1st.

New team Im playing around with, in desperation of trying to get away from OBW. However now everything centers around hulk.

Hulk, Psylocke, hood. I blazed through a team of level 85 Mn Mags, C Storm, 2* Thor with them. Only issue is no purple as Hoods passive blue kept stealing purple. I didnt realize at higher levels Hoods blue stole things like red/green I thought it was just OBW colors like purple blue and black. I was just looking at him for a useable yellow attack power. He's a better character than I though & I wish theyd give more covers for him.

Yes, those were the rewards I got. You may want to send a trouble ticket into them when you get the chance. They may be able to check your account and possible reissue you another token.

Although I cant be too mad, one of my tokens got me a Green 4* X-force Wolverine, which that power itself is called X-force. So I got an X-force, X-force..... Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?! (if you got that quote, you get points!) Since he's now able to be leveled over 100, I may work on him. Yeah yeah I know I have 3*s that need to be at level 141 1st.

New team Im playing around with, in desperation of trying to get away from OBW. However now everything centers around hulk.

Hulk, Psylocke, hood. I blazed through a team of level 85 Mn Mags, C Storm, 2* Thor with them. Only issue is no purple as Hoods passive blue kept stealing purple. I didnt realize at higher levels Hoods blue stole things like red/green I thought it was just OBW colors like purple blue and black. I was just looking at him for a useable yellow attack power. He's a better character than I though & I wish theyd give more covers for him.
I <3 Adam Sandler haha : P

But I actually just was thinking the exact same thing about Hood! Quite reading my mind!!!

I have him at like 40 or so and not remotely usable. Every time I fight a high level one though it is a nightmare. I fought one this morning and that team annihilated me completely. Just goes to show why the villains all have such terrible drop rates. Maxed Doom, Magneto, Ragnarok and Hood are arguably the best characters in the game (Doom and Rags get a bit overshadowed due to their low level cap though). I would love to be able to buy the 42 pack of the villain set hahah that would be amazing. And watch with the terrible rates I would get like, 4 villain covers, if that.

*edit*

Thinking more about it, Hood could be paired with my Hulk and Thor team just as easily as Classic Magneto can. Magneto would be more 'powerful' to have on my team but having Hood as a solid support constantly stealing and then having a usable Black for even just some damage would be great.

I have been buffing up my Psylocke so that she can at least be somewhat effective boosted for this tournament only to realize that I am not going to play the game like at all tomorrow anyway hahah Wooppppss

I boosted her up from like 30->46 and can get her to 51 currently but I suppose that was a waste! : P

Should have spent it all on Thor, Hulk, Mags or Hood!

None of the Prodigal Sun tokens have given me anything useful. Not even one 3 star Daken! They might as well be Heroics.

I heard only idiots level her up past 100 anyway though.
Lol hell yeah! Idiots who are kicking ass during the psylocke tournaments. Seriously having her leveled up past 100 is awesome when she's boosted like this. I dont see why (aside from not having covers) people dont level her up. She's a great character really, if you know how to use her.

So Im happy I leveled her up because now she's not just a throw away character like many people have. It makes it feel like I have a real team, not 2 good characters & then that unusable required low level one. Cant wait for the Classic Mags tourney coming up!

Completely not having anything to do with Puzzle Quest but I am going to rant anyway.

I got in on the b2g1 from MS and had Titanfall, Black Flag and Ground Zeroes all for the X1 ordered right as the topic was a page long basically. I finally got it delivered today and well...

I have UPS set to just leave stuff at my door.

I was in the city for work all day and then class at night as usual and I just now got back home to my apartment to see my package sitting at my door.

I tossed it on my kitchen table and went about my nightly routine. I went back to finally open it up and realized the seal on the mailer was super loose. Meh whatever I thought and opened it up.

Well there were only 2 of the 3 games in there. The shipping manifest says there was supposed to be 3. Most likely then, someone stole my effing game. I am so pissed off right now it is ridiculous. 

I contacted Microsoft and they are escalating it to a higher level to investigate but I mean they are going to probably be like well we sent it, sorry we can't prove that you actually never got it.

So it was either someone in UPS or one of my effing neighbors. I am so beyond angry right now.

Well there were only 2 of the 3 games in there. The shipping manifest says there was supposed to be 3. Most likely then, someone stole my effing game. I am so pissed off right now it is ridiculous.
Which game was missing? Maybe someone did you a favor? Unless they took titanfall, then that sucks.

The weird thing is, if someone took it, why only take 1 of the games? That makes no sense. I mean if someone was going to steal something why not take all of it? Like you'd never really know, until you checked tracking & then contact UPS.

Of course I think all of them are batshit crazy for just leaving it at the door anyways. I mean thats such a liability. Ohh $1k worth of jewelry? Well its in a small box, I'll leave it at the front door, no one will get it. Amazing how theyre so trusting.

Which game was missing? Maybe someone did you a favor? Unless they took titanfall, then that sucks.

The weird thing is, if someone took it, why only take 1 of the games? That makes no sense. I mean if someone was going to steal something why not take all of it? Like you'd never really know, until you checked tracking & then contact UPS.

Of course I think all of them are batshit crazy for just leaving it at the door anyways. I mean thats such a liability. Ohh $1k worth of jewelry? Well its in a small box, I'll leave it at the front door, no one will get it. Amazing how theyre so trusting.
It was Black Flag.

I havent enjoyed an AC title since the first one haha but I was really looking forward to giving this a try.

My building needs a key to get in and I am on the top floor and at the very end of the back hallway so like, barely anyone passes my door. I have been having them leave stuff at my door for a year now and have never had any issues before. The thought of them only stealing one thing is the thing. I feel like it is more likely someone in UPS who thought they could just get away with taking one thing and then delivering the package itself so on their end the item was delivered and they are 'legally' clear.

Ugh. I just really hope MS comes through with this one.

bread's done
Back