Marvel Select figures

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Do any stores actually carry these? I've checked WM and Target and have not been able to find them. I checked TRU and an employee there said they haven't gotten many and sold out quickly (though honestly, I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about).

I'm not sure what to think of prices online since shipping is really high ($10-15) and I've never shopped for action figures online before.

Try FYE or any comic book store. FYE usually only has one or two (you might find an older release on clearance pretty cheap). If the comic book store does not have them they most likely will be able to order them for you.

The TRU employee was probably thinking about the newest Marvel Legends two packs, the Deadpool / Warpath and Winter Solider / Black Widow sold out the week they were received at most TRUs.

If you mean the 3.75 figures.

All the Wal-Marts, TRUs, and Targets in my area generally have a good selection.

The Targets are generally the best. Last time I was there they had Iron Man (Modular Armor), Iron Man (2020), Iron Man (Extremis), Captain America (WW2), Thor, Black Widow, Thanos, Captain Marvel, Jean Grey, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Aim Trooper, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Ghost RIder

The larger figures of the past (the ones that use to have the build a figure parts included, etc) I never see anywhere anymore.

[quote name='vicktor']Try FYE or any comic book store. FYE usually only has one or two (you might find an older release on clearance pretty cheap). If the comic book store does not have them they most likely will be able to order them for you.

The TRU employee was probably thinking about the newest Marvel Legends two packs, the Deadpool / Warpath and Winter Solider / Black Widow sold out the week they were received at most TRUs.[/QUOTE]

No FYE within 200 miles but I'll have to try the comic book store I guess. But man, are they pricey... they used to sell the Marvel Legends figures for $25-35 back in the day, depending on the character (WM sold them for $12).

[quote name='Hell Monkey']If you mean the 3.75 figures.

All the Wal-Marts, TRUs, and Targets in my area generally have a good selection.

The Targets are generally the best. Last time I was there they had Iron Man (Modular Armor), Iron Man (2020), Iron Man (Extremis), Captain America (WW2), Thor, Black Widow, Thanos, Captain Marvel, Jean Grey, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Aim Trooper, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Ghost RIder

The larger figures of the past (the ones that use to have the build a figure parts included, etc) I never see anywhere anymore.[/QUOTE]

No, I mean the 7-9 inch figures which come with some kind of a display. Like this:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC10017&mode=retail

Marvel Select is supposed to be hobby exclusive. Any store that has a a Diamond Comics account can order these (usually comic stores).

The Hasbro Marvel figures (Marvel Universe) is the mass market series. They are found at Target, Toys R Us, etc.

The larger figures of the past (the ones that use to have the build a figure parts included, etc) I never see anywhere anymore.[/QUOTE]

fuck you! >.> I sitll need Thanos. :( My stores haven't restocked the Universe line since October or so. I am jealous. Also need the Moonstone Ms. Marvel variant, bad. >.>

I have gotten my Select figures on eBay or at my local comic store. Some are really rare and expensive like Moon Knight, Thanos, Ultimate Carnage, Venom and Anti-Venom. I think the most expensive is Mephisto.

Oddly enough, The Disney Store has started carrying the Marvel Select figures now in their retail stores. Not so much the most current like Deadpool and Magneto, but they did have Spider-Man, Thor, Bucky Cap, and Hulk.

[quote name='spidamatrix']Oddly enough, The Disney Store has started carrying the Marvel Select figures now in their retail stores. Not so much the most current like Deadpool and Magneto, but they did have Spider-Man, Thor, Bucky Cap, and Hulk.[/QUOTE]

Disney owns Marvel. Simple as that. Not odd at all

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If you have a Hastings near you, check it out. Mine has tons of them.[/QUOTE]

No GoHastings but they had the figures on sale for $12 plus $6 shipping back around Nov/Dec and I passed... stupid me.:bomb:

[quote name='Haggar']Marvel Select is supposed to be hobby exclusive. Any store that has a a Diamond Comics account can order these (usually comic stores).

The Hasbro Marvel figures (Marvel Universe) is the mass market series. They are found at Target, Toys R Us, etc.[/QUOTE]

Ah... so that's how it works. Thanks.

Guess I don't have much of a choice then. I hope I can still find the ones I want... I really want WWII Cap and Ultimate Wolverine. I kinda want Black Cat too since she has the best display base but I'd feel pretty pervy buying such a figure...

[quote name='vicktor']Try FYE or any comic book store. FYE usually only has one or two (you might find an older release on clearance pretty cheap). If the comic book store does not have them they most likely will be able to order them for you.

The TRU employee was probably thinking about the newest Marvel Legends two packs, the Deadpool / Warpath and Winter Solider / Black Widow sold out the week they were received at most TRUs.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen the Deadpool set once but I look at both versions of the Black Widow one all the time. All the stores in NJ (Well the 5 or so TRUs I frequent anyway) have tons of them. I just can't bring myself to pay $35 for the darned things.

[quote name='Vinny']No FYE within 200 miles but I'll have to try the comic book store I guess. But man, are they pricey... they used to sell the Marvel Legends figures for $25-35 back in the day, depending on the character (WM sold them for $12). [/QUOTE]

I checked Deadpool at one local store, they wanted $25. I would guess that is the the most the average shop would charge since this store is way overpriced (they don't even have a dollar bin!)

[quote name='crowbb']I've only seen the Deadpool set once but I look at both versions of the Black Widow one all the time. All the stores in NJ (Well the 5 or so TRUs I frequent anyway) have tons of them. I just can't bring myself to pay $35 for the darned things.[/QUOTE]

$35?! I got the red costume Deadpool when they were $25 then the X-Men (blue costume) variant when they raised the price to $30. I thought $30 was too much and only bought it because they were giving 10% back, $35 is ridiculous.

I just saw a ton at the Disney Store in our local mall as odd as that is. (guess that Marvel/Disney merger at work there)

Had Thor, Wolverine, Captain America (I think it was Bucky version), Spider-Man, and Iron Man. Not sure what price was though.

THis was the ones they had except for SPider-Man cause I can't find a picture
51I5JBAXQ1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3882469554_955b38d928.jpg

3882470226_bbe7f6e78d.jpg

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC72080lg.jpg

i have been trying to find kitty pryde for freakin' ever.

[quote name='houdinilogic']i have been trying to find kitty pryde for freakin' ever.[/QUOTE]

If you want to send me cost+shipping I'll go grab it for you.

[quote name='thebob101']I have gotten my Select figures on eBay or at my local comic store. Some are really rare and expensive like Moon Knight, Thanos, Ultimate Carnage, Venom and Anti-Venom. I think the most expensive is Mephisto.[/QUOTE]

weird cause my fye had 3 mephistos for 2 years straight on clearance and could never dump them until they finally closed down.

bread's done
Back