Marvel Superhero Squad Discussion & Deals

thebob101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
245 (100%)
I didn't see anything about Marvel Superhero Squad toys posted, so I decided to make a master thread that discusses the toys and deals.

I have gotten really into collecting the little superhero/villains. I have found a bunch of the 2-pack and collector packs at TRU. I have also spent way too much cash buying them on eBay.

Here is the Wikipedia site with all of the information about the different waves and collector packs that are/were for sale:

Wikipedia

Here is a bunch of sites where you can buy the figures:

Hasbro Site

Toywiz

Amazon

eBay

Here is the Marvel Site about the characters-

Marvel Superhero Squad

Create Your Own Comic

These things annoy me. Well, not the toys but the massive raping with the prices from people selling them online. My 4 year old son wants the Invisible Woman (to complete the Fantastic Four) and people want 40 plus dollars for it on Amazon. $100 for Galactus on toywiz!!!!!! Its a toy!
Greedy Bastards!

But yeah, I'll check out this thread....but sometimes I wonder whether I buy these more for my son....or for me.

Oh and for a head's up, I found the big Fin Fang Foom at Home Goods in store for $7. They always have weird abandoned toys lying around.

[quote name='AoA']These things annoy me. Well, not the toys but the massive raping with the prices from people selling them online. My 4 year old son wants the Invisible Woman (to complete the Fantastic Four) and people want 40 plus dollars for it on Amazon. $100 for Galactus on toywiz!!!!!! Its a toy!
Greedy Bastards!

But yeah, I'll check out this thread....but sometimes I wonder whether I buy these more for my son....or for me.

Oh and for a head's up, I found the big Fin Fang Foom at Home Goods in store for $7. They always have weird abandoned toys lying around.[/QUOTE]

If you ever find some for those types of prices, please let me know and I will take them off your hands. I would be willing to pay for shipping and a bit more for your time.

You are right about eBay, some folks are just plain stupid with their prices. I saw an auction for $100 for two of the Wolverine movie sets with $45 for shipping. I wanted to message the person and ask if they were stupid and greedy. If you check the auctions, you can sometimes find a deal or two. The Galactus set is completely crazy, people are trying to make top dollar.

Picked up Galactus and Human Torch set for $26 shipped. Just bought the huge Galactus with Silver Surfer at TRU for $55. It is the 19" talking Galactus from the Marvel Universe set. I also bought the complete series of Marvel Legend figures with the Galactus parts (you put together a Galactus figure). Got those off eBay for $150 shipped. The figures included in the set are:

War Machine
Bullseye & Bullseye Variant
Nightcrawler
Grey Hulk
Green Hulk
Deathlok
Professor X
Dr. Strange

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=200530048741It is a pretty sweet set. I am spending way too much cash on these figures. I need to stop, but I love them. I can't wait to put together Galactus.

Last edited by a moderator:
The recent TRU big book has the Shield Helicarrier and the TRU exclusive set (the one with a huge Hulk, Mr Fantastic, a crystalized Emma Frost, Iron Man, and a few others) for 22.95, starting this Sunday. Those exclusive sets have been hanging around forever, but the Shield Helicarrier is pretty cool. I like that they're making some vehicles that actually makes sense (I also like Fury's hovercar and the quinjet).

As an aside, the Batman B&tB action league figures are expanding to the rest of the DC universe soon...

[quote name='fujishig']The recent TRU big book has the Shield Helicarrier and the TRU exclusive set (the one with a huge Hulk, Mr Fantastic, a crystalized Emma Frost, Iron Man, and a few others) for 22.95, starting this Sunday. Those exclusive sets have been hanging around forever, but the Shield Helicarrier is pretty cool. I like that they're making some vehicles that actually makes sense (I also like Fury's hovercar and the quinjet).

As an aside, the Batman B&tB action league figures are expanding to the rest of the DC universe soon...[/QUOTE]

I bought that TRU set for $30. Time to go return it and buy it cheaper. My girls saw one and ripped it open to play with. My daughters kept fighting over who would be Emma Frost. I told them about Spider Woman and Phoenix, but they both still wanted to be her. Just picked up with Daredevil (Yellow & Maroon outfit), Hulk, Phoenix, Human Torch, Captain America, The Thing, War Machine and Spider Man.

[quote name='fujishig']The recent TRU big book has the Shield Helicarrier and the TRU exclusive set (the one with a huge Hulk, Mr Fantastic, a crystalized Emma Frost, Iron Man, and a few others) [/QUOTE]

That's funny that they're advertising the last year box set (which I got for $20 new last year with some sale). There's a new box set with Thor, Loki, a giant Frost Giant and something else.
My son was watching this season's SHS show and apparently the helicarrier gets destroyed and they get a new improved one and I thought "Great! Now he'll notice its different that the one I'm getting him for Xmas)"

My son is really into these as well. Have actually had some luck in getting good sets for him. I think his favorite is the Dr Doom/Repitil set. Got him the Thor/Abomination and Wolverine w/ car set for Christmas.
Will post any deals I find.

Speaking of the Batman sets, I was able to find him one with the Joker. Good to hear they're expanding those sets too.

I picked up the Frost Giant set from TRU. There were none and then all of a sudden there was 7 copies. My brother was out from California this past weekend and I showed him my collection. He swore he would not collect anymore figures and I think I got him back into it.

Well, there's not much time but I just got back from TRU and apparently SHS 2 packs are (or were) on sale Friday and Saturday for 4.19 for a 2 pack (normally 6.99). I think the sale lasts through closing today, but other sales at TRU today were time limited.

Found a Deadpool/Warpath Marvel Legends Fan's Choice two pack. Pretty cool looking figures, but expensive ($32). They have a variant of Deadpool (blue uniform) that seems to be hard to find.

I bid $64 on a MSHS Collector's Pack that had Prof. X, unfortunately was outbid in the last 5 seconds of the auction. I hate when that happens. So frustrating. I guess it was better because I should save my cash for Black Friday.

My girls and I love these figures (i know... I'm turning them into comic nerds..) Found a Hall of Armor 4 pack from the 1st Iron Man movie on clearance for 2.50 at a CVS. I love it when that happens. :) We got started on the Star Wars Galactic Heroes and started with these also.

edit: Are there DC figures in a similar scale?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OnyxPrimal']My girls and I love these figures (i know... I'm turning them into comic nerds..) Found a Hall of Armor 4 pack from the 1st Iron Man movie on clearance for 2.50 at a CVS. I love it when that happens. :) We got started on the Star Wars Galactic Heroes and started with these also.

edit: Are there DC figures in a similar scale?[/QUOTE]

I wish I could luck into something like that at CVS.

As for DC, as of right now, I think it's just Batman: The Brave and the Bold figures. I bought my son a Batman/Joker set a few weeks back. Pretty cool.

bread's done
Back