Marvel: The Defenders (2015) - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist (announced)

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Marvel and Netflix Team up on Four Series Leading Up to a Grand Mini-series Event: The Defenders

4be828b7b53ac.jpg

Marvel have announced that they will be producing four original series for Netflix, focusing on the characters of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

All 4 shows will get thirteen, hour long episodes apiece, screening through Netflix and, in a slightly Avengers-like fashion, culminate in a grand crossover mini-series event, The Defenders.

The full press release:

The Walt Disney Co. and Netflix Inc.today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel’s most popular characters exclusively to the world’s leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a mini-series programming event.

Led by a series focused on “Daredevil,” followed by “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel’s “The Defenders” mini-series event.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/07/daredevil-jessica-jones-iron-fist-and-luke-cage-headed-to-netflix-in-2015/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not heard of the other three but daredevil on a tv budget, readers of the comics would that be possible to be to do well?

All of these are possible, especially with the amount of money both Disney and Netflix can throw around. 

Marvel is going to keep throwing every character they have on screen. I haven't heard of any of these characters minus Daredevil. The Guardians of the Galaxy is the same way. I have no clue who any of those people are.

Marvel is going to keep throwing every character they have on screen. I haven't heard of any of these characters minus Daredevil. The Guardians of the Galaxy is the same way. I have no clue who any of those people are.

Better than dc, who can't even get the flash or wonder woman off the ground properly.

That's true. DC is pretty sad other than Batman and Superman. I don't really know if I would want to see a Flash movie. I think that would be hard to pull off but then again I don't know a lot about the character.  

About the flash I vaguely remember a live action show from when I was a kid, gonna Wikipedia that. Apart from arrow, which is pretty decent, dc needs to get away from the cw market, they tried wonder woman but not sure its a dead project on there now.

About the flash I vaguely remember a live action show from when I was a kid, gonna Wikipedia that. Apart from arrow, which is pretty decent, dc needs to get away from the cw market, they tried wonder woman but not sure its a dead project on there now.
The Flash TV show was pretty decent for what it was. I just remeber it was real expensive for CBS to make and the amount of viewers every week didnt justify the cost so it was cancelled after one season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098798/?ref_=nv_sr_2

This seems like a smart idea. These are all street level heroes without super flashy powers, easier to pull off on a smaller budget. I'm looking forward to all of these.

Considering the ineptitude of Marvel to get a tv deal outside of a cartoon, this is the best thing to happen for its properties outside of funding $100 million money sink of a movie.

Agents of Shield isn't doing that hot from the reviews that I've seen so maybe it isn't.
The reviews haven't been great but the ratings are still doing well. Reviews have gotten better the last few weeks but still not great.

I'm very excited to these Netflix series. The heroes powers aren't very flashy or need a lot of cgi which is good. They are all very gritty and street level heroes which I think will translate well to Netflix as they can go as dark and uncensored as they want. Now to wait 18 months for this to come out!

Netflix is really going HAM with the exclusivity deals. Good for them. Such a dramatic turnaround from the Qwikster fiasco.

On topic, this really is great news. All of these characters make sense to do on the small screen, being street-level heroes. Daredevil in particular would lend itself well to an Arrow-style show. Imagine if they had the guys who created Nikita running the show, and having him square off against legions of the Hand ninjas... :bouncy:

It would have been great to see Spidey cameo in the Daredevil series or after the credits of the Defenders, but that will never be...

bread's done
Back