Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 49.99 TRU B&M YMMV

tthayil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey,

Toys R Us's add shows the Wii version of Marvel UA2 for 49.99, but above says "all versions".

I suspect this refers to the release date of Sep 15th, but gave it a shot with the clerk and they said they'd honor the price on the 360 version due to the "all versions".

Good luck,

Tom

i tried this on Tuesday with no luck. Clerk was baffled, then got a supervisor. Supervisor admitted it was worded poorly, but that the game was available for all consles, but only the Wii version was $49.99

Curious to see if anyone else had any luck with this

Check the fine print sometimes, it's common that they write prices are subject to change, prices may vary, only at particapating stores, manager's approval. GC prints it on their ads and on their website disclamiers.

I preordered mine at GS because I'm a big fan of Juggs. ;)

Hopefully, they forgot their reading glasses.

Just so I'm clear, Juggernaut is not a character in the game unless you input a special code within the game to get him. he cannot be downloaded for free on PSN Store?

[quote name='OwenRocky']Just so I'm clear, Juggernaut is not a character in the game unless you input a special code within the game to get him. he cannot be downloaded for free on PSN Store?[/QUOTE]

Correct, but Juggernaut is currently available for purchase on PSN since last week for $2.99 or if you got a code from pre-ordering at GS.

[quote name='pram12']Lol all Wii games are $49.99.[/QUOTE]

Try re-reading the first post again.

He's referring to being able to get the 360 & PS3 versions at that price.

:applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at TRU this morning to pick this up for the PS3. It rang up at 59.99 and I pointed out to the cashier that the ad says 'all versions' and the price should be 49.99. She eventually found a manager that came over and said 'yep, you have to manually override the price'. I ended up only paying $20 out of pocket after using the $30 gift card from my purchase of Batman:AA.

[quote name='darthweasel']Stopped at TRU this morning to pick this up for the PS3. It rang up at 59.99 and I pointed out to the cashier that the ad says 'all versions' and the price should be 49.99. She eventually found a manager that came over and said 'yep, you have to manually override the price'. I ended up only paying $20 out of pocket after using the $30 gift card from my purchase of Batman:AA.[/QUOTE]

Auch... Lost my hope

Just PM it at Wal-Mart and they will give it to you for $49.99 if TRU won't do it for you. Wal-Mart employees don't care about what you PM.

You could probably bring in a white piece of paper with a cutout picture of Ultimate Alliance 2, with "10 dollers" written above it and they would PM it.

Liksewise, take an ad to Worst Buy, signed by the president and they will just throw you down a flight of stairs.

I just got a special $10 off $50 or more purchase today in the mail from TRU. Wasn't planning on buying the game but if I could get it for $40 that another story.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Just PM it at Wal-Mart and they will give it to you for $49.99 if TRU won't do it for you. Wal-Mart employees don't care about what you PM.

You could probably bring in a white piece of paper with a cutout picture of Ultimate Alliance 2, with "10 dollers" written above it and they would PM it.

Liksewise, take an ad to Worst Buy, signed by the president and they will just throw you down a flight of stairs.[/QUOTE]

Actually in all my experiences its the exact opposite. Bestbuy will always PM what Walmart doesn't. Best Buy gave me Beatles Rock Band for $40 when Walmart refused to, because it was not a official ad just a printout.

[quote name='OwenRocky']I'm headed out to try this now. I'll ;et you know how this goes.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, it was no go for me. They were adamant at saying that it was only for the Wii, which I knew, but I pushed the fact that it said "For ALL Systems." They didn't even try to tell me that it was misworded, they just said no and left it at that.

I'm not too upset over it. If it drops to $50 before November, I'll get it since I have a gift card that expires then.

[quote name='fenz4ever']Anyone had luck price matching at Best Buy? Im thinking I might give it a shot![/QUOTE]

Yes, I was able to get them to PM it.

bread's done
Back