Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

Pre-ordered at Gamestop. Ooooh Juggernaut unlocked. Actually quite a bold move for me because I didn't even pre-order Gears 2 and never make day-1 purchases. Quite excited for this.

Doesn't preordering also get you into like the Secret VIP section of the Marvel website? Or am I making that up.

Also, since this is a comic book game..Does anyone know if Deathstroke (of DC infamy) was based off of Deadpool or vice/versa? I'm playing through MK vs DC and I realized that their costumes are very similiar, with similiar weapons, even their real names are close (slade wilson vs wade wilson).

Good observation. Deadpool is based off Deathstroke. At the time Deathstroke was a major Teen Titan villian (not sure if he still is) and the artist of New Mutants was a big Teen Titan fan. So he drew up Deadpool, showed it to the writer and the rest is history.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone here a VIP member of the UA site? If so can you hook me up with an invite?[/QUOTE]

I just checked, it doesn't look like the invite system is up yet. Apparently VIPs get 20 invites, so if anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll send them out when it goes live.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How did you get in?

I was a VIP for the first one, I thought it would just carry over.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered the game at GS, they sent me an e-mail with my invite about two weeks ago.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I pre-ordered the game at GS, they sent me an e-mail with my invite about two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
wtf I def. didn't get an email invite after preordering online...

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What does being VIP get us?[/QUOTE]

Spam mail

I was thinking about what alternative costumes I'd like to see in UA2.

Hulk - Skaar, Rulk & Warbound Hulk
Wolverine - Daken
Iron Man - Iron Patriot
Thor - New Costume (I've grown to like this one a lot)
Captian America - Bucky Cap

[quote name='Rodimus']Spam mail

I was thinking about what alternative costumes I'd like to see in UA2.

Hulk - Skaar, Rulk & Warbound Hulk
Wolverine - Daken
Iron Man - Iron Patriot
Thor - New Costume (I've grown to like this one a lot)
Captian America - Bucky Cap[/QUOTE]

I could really see them having a red hulk "costume" that is simply a recolor (like scorpion/sub zero of Mortal Kombat used to be). I would love to see Iron Patriot (or the What if? iron man variant of civil war--they're pretty similiar).

[quote name='Wombat']It was also announced that there will be console specific characters. I really hate that.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, the PS3/360 versions will probably get those in DLC.

[quote name='Wombat']It was also announced that there will be console specific characters. I really hate that.[/QUOTE]

This has been one of my biggest fears with respect to the game, as someone who bought the PS3 version & is a huge Hawkeye fan. I'm not willing to count on the DLC solution to exclusive characters, because that DLC may never come. I'll eventually put in a pre-order at GS to get Juggernaut, but I'm waiting on Activision to complete their character announcements before I do.

Speaking of which, Hawkeye + Meteorite/Moonstone/Ms. Marvel + Atlas/Goliath....so I can make a good T-Bolts team! (Pipe dream, I know, but just maybe with DLC.)

2 questions... if anyone has the patience

1. Will Juggernaut be available (DLC or otherwise) around launch for a price?
- I'm not a fan of GS and it's not convenient either.
- Plan to buy from Amazon or perhaps a local BB if the need strikes

2. Multi-player (this game specifically or just in general)
- Is it even possible to play 3-4 friends while 1 is local (in your house on the same console) and the other/s are on xbox live?
- Couldn't with MUA1, and it was a shame

fyi... uber-psyched to play as Green Goblin. hoping for a cool side-mission
thanks

1. It's not known if Juggs will be DLC later on. My guess is he will be, but it's just a mater of when. I would bite the bullet and get it at GS just in case.

2. That's a good question. Unfortunatly I don't know for sure. I'm assuming you will have the option to bring a buddy into a XBOX live game. I only say this cause the developers stressed the fact that the online experiance has been greatly enhanced. Online in MUA1 was awful.

So this one will have some characters on one system and not the other? Did the first one do that? I have to say I'm not really a fan of that also. I'm tempted to preorder just to get Juggs but I'm not sure if I want to. I think I'm going to hold off a little longer.

[quote name='sendme']So this one will have some characters on one system and not the other? Did the first one do that? I have to say I'm not really a fan of that also. I'm tempted to preorder just to get Juggs but I'm not sure if I want to. I think I'm going to hold off a little longer.[/QUOTE]

Next gen consoles got characters the PS2 version didn't, and the PSP and GBA each got their own exclusives that none of the home consoles did.

Wow that is bs. People pay good money for the game and expect a full game not parts of a game over 2-4 platforms. So what characters did the psp and gba get that were not on the ps3/360?

The PS3 never got the Heroes/Villians DLC packs that the 360 got. That alone gives the 360 a bonus of Hawkeye, Cyclops, Sabretooth, Venom, Dr Doom, Magneto, the Hulk, and Nightcrawler. PSP had Black Widow, Ronin, Hawkeye, and Captain Marvel.

And then there's the PC version, which, through the magic of Mods, has just about every marvel character ever thought up in it.

Man I would love to play as Captain Marvel.

My most wanted character, although I severely doubt that he will be in it, is the Destroyer. I'm loving his new mini-series.

destroyer_sketch_2.jpg

I'm hoping for Cable. I would say I want Firestar, but Human Torch is already in the game, so there's really no point. What about Vision? Or maybe bring back Scarlet Witch?

[quote name='Rodimus']Anyone here a V.I.P. that's seen the alternate costumes?[/QUOTE]

Right now, they've only shown 4.....2 are excellent, and the other 2 are...well, not that great IMO.

Red Hulk and Daredevil in his red and black costume look awesome, but Ultimate (and younger-looking) Reed Richards and Wolverine in his Secret War costume will not be the outfits I choose for those characters

[quote name='kylerg']How did you become a VIP?[/QUOTE]

You become a VIP by preordering the game at Gamestop. They were supposed to allow VIP's to invite people, but that kind of never happened. Hell, VIP's just recently (early August) actually got some type of exclusive content.

Here's Mr. Fantastics alt. costume. Don't know if they locked the images away that carefully, so let me know if it doesn't work.

fantastic1.jpg

[quote name='Salamando3000']You become a VIP by preordering the game at Gamestop. They were supposed to allow VIP's to invite people, but that kind of never happened. Hell, VIP's just recently (early August) actually got some type of exclusive content[/QUOTE]

Wow, good to hear there's finally a reason for me to login to the site. They really seemed to have dropped the ball with content on there -- so many of those links have been "Coming Soon" for months.

But apparently the site is blocked at work, so I'll have to check it out when I get home. fucking WebSense.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Wow, good to hear there's finally a reason for me to login to the site. They really seemed to have dropped the ball with content on there -- so many of those links have been "Coming Soon" for months.

But apparently the site is blocked at work, so I'll have to check it out when I get home. fucking WebSense.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. All we've been getting is information, and what little there is usually gets leaked as soon as its announced. Someone's been uploading all of the alt. costumes to a photobucket (listed below), so there's no reason to log in for that. There are some VIP exclusive Dev Blogs and Q&A which are pretty cool, if you're into that sort of thing. Aside from that, you've probably heard or seen everything that VIP's have.

And yeah, those VIP links on the actual page are still "coming soon". All the VIP stuff is only mentioned in the forums.

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp20/SR2IMAGES/?albumview=grid

Hello all. I am very excited for this game and am a long time Marvel Comics fan (although I had to quit collecting a couple years ago, too much money). I'll be picking up this game when it is released, so feel free to add me if you are interested in playing some online co-op.

[quote name='grundy']I'm hoping for Cable. I would say I want Firestar, but Human Torch is already in the game, so there's really no point. What about Vision? Or maybe bring back Scarlet Witch?[/QUOTE]

Cable would be awesome. Since they have Deadpool, why not Cable? Use them as the others foil, so whatever side one is on, the other is on the opposite, like they were in the comic.

I just thought about Scarlet Witch too, and that would be awesome, but I'm not hoping for it.

On a second note, I have to find copies of X-Men Legends 1 and 2 for the PS2.

I was hopeing Marvel would stray away from using too may "Ultimate" costumes. I'm just not a fan any more since Ultimatuim literally killed the brand for me.

bread's done
Back