Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

[quote name='PhoenixT']I don't know about Ronin but Mrs Marvel was in the orginal game. I use her alot in it very good character.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're totally right -- I meant "Mar Vell" Captain Marvel. My bad. Also Black Widow was in there too, now that I look.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, and noticed LA is one of the "hot spots" -- I'd love to seem a Runaways cameo in there, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice vid did I see alil proton cannon action with ironman and spidey? I hope there is more fusions than what we see right now because they arent totally ZOMG. If anyone ever played the fantastic 4 2 game then most of these moves are kinda the same. Ill post vid if I find it

Looks great. The graphics are nice. Wish they woulda shown some new characters though.

Glad to see you were right about the powers, Rodimus.

Adding the fusion powers will make co-op a lot more fun.

I would also like to see more playable villains. Could you imagine a playable version of Thanos!?

MotivateThanos1.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']that teaser sucked, it didn't even show us anyone new

here's to hoping for some of the Thunderbolts[/quote]

I was just about to post my want for some Thunderbolts. But really, all I ask is for Normie to make the cut. Not Swordsman or Chen, just Normie. If he were a playable character, I wouldn't use anyone else. :bouncy:

Perhaps they will allow a teamwork special where Normie wraps Parker in rope and uses him as a mace, as seen in Amazing Spider-Man #39. Well, the tied-in-rope part. I just now innovated the uses-as-mace variant. :cool:

[quote name='trq']Yeah, you're totally right -- I meant "Mar Vell" Captain Marvel. My bad. Also Black Widow was in there too, now that I look.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, and noticed LA is one of the "hot spots" -- I'd love to seem a Runaways cameo in there, too.[/quote]

I vote for Chase. ;)

Sooooo....anyone else not really see a difference between the Fusion moves, and the combo system in the first MUA where you get a boost in attack depending on what two or three special moves you did at the same time on one enemy between two or three Heroes?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Sooooo....anyone else not really see a difference between the Fusion moves, and the combo system in the first MUA where you get a boost in attack depending on what two or three special moves you did at the same time on one enemy between two or three Heroes?[/QUOTE]

I think the difference is in the way they look. Instead of being generic combinations of regular superpowers, it seems like they're now going to have planned combinations between powers.

For example, a move could have an affect not attainable otherwise, such as area damage or something like that. I don't think that they're just going to increase the strength of the attacks.

Also, I restarted X-Men Legends 2 the other day after finding it at Sears for 4.97 (the Gamecube version, which I had wanted so I could play it on Wii). Great game.

I wish Flawless Tactics made it in other games, best Super / Xtreme / Ultra / Whatevertheyarecalled move ever.

So, Wolvie has his fastball special, and we've seen and heard other various types. What combinations do you think would be interesting? Perhaps Spidey encases a foe in web, like salami, and Wolvie slices them, like salami? Personally, I'm waiting for the "fusion" move where Hulk abducts a tanker of booze and smashes it over Iron Man's head. This, of course, would be followed by "LOL" appearing on the screen. ;)

Or hey, maybe Hank (Ant-Man) and Janet (Wasp) make it into the game, and they use the opportunity to create a "fusion" special called "I Said No Crusts, Bitch!" :whistle2:#

[quote name='chasemurata']Or hey, maybe Hank (Ant-Man) and Janet (Wasp) make it into the game, and they use the opportunity to create a "fusion" special called "I Said No Crusts, Bitch!"[/quote]

That's so wrong. :lol:

I also think they need some kind of joke character, like Dan in SF. That's why I've been wishing for Howard the Duck. He knows Quack-Fu. The Great Lakes Avengers/Initiative would be funny too. Behold the powers of Squirrel Girl:

Doom_squirreled.jpg

Hopefully the Punisher will be in the sequence I remember hearing that there were licensing issues with him in the first one.

[quote name='ighosty']Hopefully the Punisher will be in the sequence I remember hearing that there were licensing issues with him in the first one.[/quote]

The Hulk was the same way. But of course they added him later. I think it had to do with the movie video games.

Honestly I never liked the gun characters in the Legends or UA except Deadpool. But I still think the Punisher deserves a spot on the cast.

[quote name='Rodimus']The Hulk was the same way. But of course they added him later. I think it had to do with the movie video games.

Honestly I never liked the gun characters in the Legends or UA except Deadpool. But I still think the Punisher deserves a spot on the cast.[/quote]

Ya Deadpool was also the only character I enjoyed, Nick Fury was there poor attempt at retribution for now putting Punisher in MUA.

On a separate note, I would like to see a good Gambit in the game. The Gambits in the xmen legends never stood up to the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Gambit or the Animated series Gambit.

[quote name='ighosty']Ya Deadpool was also the only character I enjoyed, Nick Fury was there poor attempt at retribution for now putting Punisher in MUA.

On a separate note, I would like to see a good Gambit in the game. The Gambits in the xmen legends never stood up to the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Gambit or the Animated series Gambit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah XML Gambit was cheesy.

On the playthrough of XML2 that I'm doing right now I'm using Bishop, and he's not bad. My only complaint about him is that he doesn't have a whole lot that makes him different from the rest of the pack.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah XML Gambit was cheesy.

On the playthrough of XML2 that I'm doing right now I'm using Bishop, and he's not bad. My only complaint about him is that he doesn't have a whole lot that makes him different from the rest of the pack.[/quote]

I also played through XML2 recently and used Bishop plus a few other characters I skipped over my first time around. His focus bar drained too fast when using his guns, plus there wasn't a lot of variety with the gun moves. Most of them seemed too similar, just different animations.

[quote name='Rodimus']I also played through XML2 recently and used Bishop plus a few other characters I skipped over my first time around. His focus bar drained too fast when using his guns, plus there wasn't a lot of variety with the gun moves. Most of them seemed too similar, just different animations.[/QUOTE]

I'm only a few hours in and was thinking about switching him out for someone else. Any recommendations?

Last time I played, I beat it using Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Colossus and Wolverine

This time I'm using Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Iceman and Bishop. Like I said I was thinking about getting rid of Bishop in favor of someone else. Who's fun to play as that I missed out on?

Songbird!

...combined with Green Goblin, Venom and Speedball (Penance skin?)....that's a playable Thunderbolts team. :D

Rampant Speculation Alert: Bullseye? Moonstone? Swordsman? Radioactive Man?

(Granted, I'd gladly trade in Osborne, Baldwin and Gargan for some combination of Hawkeye, Atlas, Techno, Citizen V, and Meterorite....but it's a step in the right direction.)

I don't understand this bullshit either. Half the promo material claims it's based on Civil War (initially it was definitely a Civil War plot), the other half Secret War. Is it possible it would be both? I don't see how though, since Civil War is too complex of an event to just be half the plot in a game. Civil War would be odd though, let's say you want to play as Iron Man and Captain America on the same team...doesn't exactly make sense but could you do it?

EDIT: I just thought, it's possible Secret Wars is just an extended prologue like in prior games and the majority of the game is Civil War. The important thing about Secret Wars was it resulted in Nick Fury leaving SHIELD and Maria Hill taking his place. If that didn't happen Civil War may never have began.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I don't understand this bullshit either. Half the promo material claims it's based on Civil War (initially it was definitely a Civil War plot), the other half Secret War. Is it possible it would be both? I don't see how though, since Civil War is too complex of an event to just be half the plot in a game. Civil War would be odd though, let's say you want to play as Iron Man and Captain America on the same team...doesn't exactly make sense but could you do it?

EDIT: I just thought, it's possible Secret Wars is just an extended prologue like in prior games and the majority of the game is Civil War. The important thing about Secret Wars was it resulted in Nick Fury leaving SHIELD and Maria Hill taking his place. If that didn't happen Civil War may never have began.[/QUOTE]

Ask and ye shall receive. You are on the right track.

Source article on Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

"Given the scope of the Civil War arc in the book, the storyline seemed to be a perfect fit for the MUA formula. However, if you've read the comics or are about to hit up the Wikipedia page to find out more about the story, know that the game's narrative won't be an exact rip of the event. The game will feature a prologue to the events of the Civil War comics--based on the Marvel Secret War miniseries--which finds Nick Fury rounding up a small team of heroes for a covert mission in Latveria, the former kingdom of Doctor Doom now ruled by Lucia Von Bardas. The mission hits some snags and finds the team having to protect New York from Von Bardas, who chooses to retaliate against the Big Apple for the assault on her nation.

Following the prologue, the story will feature roughly the same setup as Civil War, including the aforementioned tragedy involving the New Warriors, and finds public sentiment regarding heroes nose-diving. The low public approval, tied to the high body count in the wake of the New Warriors incident, helps the Superhuman Registration Act become law in record time. Once the act is passed, you'll have to make a choice as to whether you and your team are pro- or anti-registration. The pro-registration heroes are led by Iron Man, while the anti-registration heroes are led by Captain America. "

Yeah, I think it's been stated that the game will open off with Secret Wars, then eventually get into the Civil War.

I wonder how true they're sticking the the CW script? Is that the real Thor or Clor (Cyborg Clone Thor)? I like the choosing sides aspect. More reason to beat this game twice.

Thanks for the video Linkin, mind if I post it in the OP?

If this game has two paths, I'll shit myself. That would be awesome to side with Cap and then play sided with Iron Man and have entirely different levels or variations of shared levels.

Looks like War Machine is in that Trailer but not on any Roster, $$$ Extra DLC.

Right now they are having meetings as to What charaters they can leave out but get Extra DLC money for.

My guess is they do the Same 800 Micropoints deal but Charge Extra for Individual costumes on Inlcuded characters

Like Wolverine

Had

Plain old Logan in a T-shirt and jeans
Classic brown and yellow Wolverine
Newer Blue and yellow Wolverine
and some other costume

My guess is they will charge per costume now.

Just like Street Fighter 4 is charging per costume.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Looks like War Machine is in that Trailer but not on any Roster, $$$ Extra DLC.[/QUOTE]

He's in the original too as one of the 'outfits' for Iron Man. My guess is it will be the same for this sequel.

And wow, I hadn't seen that trailer yet, it looks awesome. The one I've seen before this made it look pretty fail. =/

[quote name='Ice Cold']My guess is they do the Same 800 Micropoints deal but Charge Extra for Individual costumes on Inlcuded characters.[/quote]

Why would you think this? Did they mention something about charging for costumes? I can understand having downloadable characters but costumes have always been part of the completion process of the Legends/UA games. For them to take that out but have it as DLC later would be a jerk move just to nickle & dime us.

Sadly I'd probably buy any DLC for this game regardless of cost or content.

As long as Jean Grey/Phoenix is in it.. I shall be happy :bouncy:

But then.. I'm a bigger X-men fan out of the Marvel universe.. soo.. yeah I'd rather see an X-Men Legends 3.

Most likely we'll see Shocker & Nova as playable. I could care less about Shocker but Nova would be awesome.

Also I read that besides a few key characters like Iron Man & Cap you'll be able to dictate which side you want a specfic hero on.

I know it's far off but I'm already hyped for this game. I played and beat Ultimate Alliance on hard mode. I went through using the the classic Avengers (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye) in their classic duds. It just felt right.

I too am looking forward to this. I just played through the first few levels of MUA a few days ago. I forgot how much fun that game was. Is it too much to ask for Black Bolt as a playable character? I wouldn't mind them adding a few more female characters to the list as well. My wife isn't a big fan of the ones already announced.

Yes, Blackbolt would be a great addition. I'd also like to see Namor thrown in there so we can have an Illuminati team.

I've never had a favorite female Marvel character, so they could add anyone and I probably wouldn't use them. In the first MUA all the females characters went virtually untouched ... no pun intended ;)

New developer blog up on the game's site: Songbird confirmed as playable.

The discussion mentions that they focused on the Civil War trade (in which the T-Bolts were mostly segregated from the main events of the storyline). Assuming that at least some aspects of the 'team' concept remains from the previous game, I'll be curious to see which other members of the team make the cut.

bread's done
Back