Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

[quote name='seanr1221']Definitely a step back in character customization.

However, I like the overall game more than the first.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Much more fun than the first game.

Really, I think this system is better than the previous one, it just needs a lot more bells and whistles. Aside from the costumes, only 4 powers total is kind of lame as well as the number of simulator missions. Didn't we have a back story for EVERY single character last time.

This is definitely a jip on content.

[quote name='LucerinRed']
This is definitely a jip on content.[/QUOTE]

That's why they have DLC :(
I think we are going to be nickeled and dimed hard with this. :lol: Costumes, characters, sim discs, maybe even powers :shrug:

[quote name='LucerinRed']Really, I think this system is better than the previous one, it just needs a lot more bells and whistles. Aside from the costumes, only 4 powers total is kind of lame as well as the number of simulator missions. Didn't we have a back story for EVERY single character last time.

4 powers is fine. Did you honestly use all the ones from the first game? I stuck with 2-3 favorites and that was about it. I will agree on the costumes and sim discs though.

[quote name='LucerinRed']Really, I think this system is better than the previous one, it just needs a lot more bells and whistles. Aside from the costumes, only 4 powers total is kind of lame as well as the number of simulator missions. Didn't we have a back story for EVERY single character last time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Sim Discs in MUA1 just the same 4 or 5 maps, over and over again, only going through with a different character / fighting a different boss at the end? Might not be much, but at least the 11 (not counting the tutorial sim disc) missions we have now are all fairly unique.

The primary thing I feel the first game did better than this one were the boss fights. Might just be me, but at no point did any fight really feel as epic as some of the ones in MUA1. Not only that, but just about every fight here was little more than "pummel the boss until dead".

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']4 powers is fine. Did you honestly use all the ones from the first game? I stuck with 2-3 favorites and that was about it. I will agree on the costumes and sim discs though.[/QUOTE]
Right, there were typically only a few that I stuck with, BUT there were choices, I had different powers to pick from and decide on what I liked, and sometimes I swapped them out based upon what I needed for that level. The powers were different enough to justify being different powers

And I guess the simdiscs in M:UA1 were similar after looking at gamefaqs. But what am I thinking about then where you had flashback missions for like wolverine breaking out of the lab?

[quote name='LucerinRed']And I guess the simdiscs in M:UA1 were similar after looking at gamefaqs. But what am I thinking about then where you had flashback missions for like wolverine breaking out of the lab?[/QUOTE]

I believe that was an optional / simulation-disc mission in X-Men Legends.

Slowly playing through the game, while juggling this, Madden, and WoW. Went pro-reg for the first playthrough, since I'm much more likely to play through a second time as anti-reg....and being able to use Songbird.

Some of the game design decisions seem forced to me....particularly with respect to who is or isn't available based on the registration act. Characters like Cage, Cap, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic all make sense to be exclusively available (during this phase of the game) to one side. I even like the way they made Thing unavailable, since he attempted to stay neutral. Why Songbird as pro-reg instead of Ms. Marvel; it's not like the T-Bolts had any actual role in Civil War (other than Penance, who wasn't part of the team at the time)? Also, I can't help but wish that we could see some of the inner turmoil which lead to some of the characters switching sides (Spider-Man, Invisible Woman being the two which come to mind immediately).

I'm still in the phase of the game in which I feel the need to unlock costumes for all of the people I have available (50 kills is too easy when you only have one outfit to unlock, BTW). Does anyone know if character leveling buffs stack? (My default pro-reg team is Iron Man, Songbird, Mr. Fantastic, and random 4th character....so I'm doing my best to level-max during gameplay.) I also feel the need to point out that swapping characters on the fly = cheap health regeneration (Wolverine to the rescue).

Having fun with the game overall, but I don't think that the streamlining improved on the things I liked about the Ravensoft games.

I played this pretty much all day...almost done ACT 2 with the Pro Registration team. Playing on Super Hero difficulty. Is it just me, or is this game pathetically easy? I'm playing on the hardest difficulty available and haven't had to revive yet...Achievements here I come :)

I'm actuallly enjoying it more than the 1st one. I love the Fusion moves. I love them enough that I can forgive a huge lack of customization.
Still, its awesome.

[quote name='saturninus']Is this coming out for the PC?[/QUOTE]

Currently the answer would be no but you never know as the same was said about Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Aspyr (the company that ported part 1 for Activision) did a poor job and never patched the PC version and since Activision still uses them with their recent ports, I am not to optimistic we will see a good port if it is ever released like the recent stuff from Capcom and great Batman port.

Playing through again on Pro-Reg. The legendary difficulty isn't too hard, you just have to make sure you don't get hammered by bosses. The higher level teams are ridiculous, especially if they include Thor.

[quote name='thamaster24']Playing through again on Pro-Reg. The legendary difficulty isn't too hard, you just have to make sure you don't get hammered by bosses. The higher level teams are ridiculous, especially if they include Thor.[/QUOTE]

I found that he was very powerful, possibly too much. I switch to him, after not using him at all, during the final battle for his resistance to electric attacks, and the battle went much faster than it should have do to it. It does make sense though, as he is a God.

[quote name='advanced']I found that he was very powerful, possibly too much. I switch to him, after not using him at all, during the final battle for his resistance to electric attacks, and the battle went much faster than it should have do to it. It does make sense though, as he is a God.[/QUOTE]

His RT + B attack is incredibly powerful and he makes any battle quick.

Trying to do all the fusions now

[quote name='thamaster24']
Trying to do all the fusions now[/QUOTE]

Let me know how that goes. I've only got a small handful done, and I want to know how much time I should take with my next playthrough.

All you have to do is play that first sim disc to do all the fusions. I'm doing that with one person at a time and have 23 of 23 with cap. america.

Just finished my second playthrough on Legendary, and man, people weren't foolin' about Thor. At max level with proper Team Boosts, Thor's "smack people with a hammer" attack becomes a targeted fusion unto itself. I think for the final level or so, it was doing around 1300 damage or so...enough to send regular enemies flying, and putting large dents in everything else.

And as we all know, DLC characters are a-comin. From what I gather, there's going to be an announcement in the upcoming week regarding who's in. The speculative list I've heard repeated more than once is
Pro Pack: war machine, bishop, she-hulk, wonder man. Anti Pack: cable, cyclops, psylocke and spider-woman

[quote name='Salamando3000']Just finished my second playthrough on Legendary, and man, people weren't foolin' about Thor. At max level with proper Team Boosts, Thor's "smack people with a hammer" attack becomes a targeted fusion unto itself. I think for the final level or so, it was doing around 1300 damage or so...enough to send regular enemies flying, and putting large dents in everything else.

And as we all know, DLC characters are a-comin. From what I gather, there's going to be an announcement in the upcoming week regarding who's in. The speculative list I've heard repeated more than once is
Pro Pack: war machine, bishop, she-hulk, wonder man. Anti Pack: cable, cyclops, psylocke and spider-woman
[/QUOTE]

That spoiler made my day. Thanks. I never said this for any game, ever, but I can't wait for the DLC characters, and I know I could be alone in that fact.

Thor is the best character for fighting regular enemies, but Iron Man is by far the best for fighting bosses. Try flying directly above them and then firing down with the RT+A power.

Man I love this game.

While working on getting all the stuff I missed on my 2 playthroughs I've been using Green Goblin most of the time. On his glider he hits fast and hard. Against pretty much anything short of bosses that are immune to this attacks (there are several) he's unstoppable. Against those bosses I throw pumpkin bombs.

I'm also working on the all fusions. It's a pain in the butt. I think I have finished 6 people so far. I'd like to try for the multi achievements eventually before I shelf this one for good if anyone's interested.

[quote name='advanced']That spoiler made my day. Thanks. I never said this for any game, ever, but I can't wait for the DLC characters, and I know I could be alone in that fact.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for them either

And I hope they make juggernaut dlc soon, I didn't realize I couldn't play online co-op with someone if they didn't have him.

[quote name='thamaster24']I can't wait for them either

And I hope they make juggernaut dlc soon, I didn't realize I couldn't play online co-op with someone if they didn't have him.[/QUOTE]

They need to download that Juggernaut Teaser Patch if they do not own Juggernaut and want to play with someone that does. Kind of dumb that they make the patch optional.

I think they have to have the update downloaded to let them. If they don't have a fix for it now then their should be one soon I would think. However I don't think Juggernaut should be DLC. He was somthing for preordering. However I think that everyone that preordered from Gamestop should have got the code when they didn't.

Wow, now I feel dumb. I don't think he realized there was a patch... haha in that case I agree, Juggs shouldn't be on dlc

[quote name='thamaster24']Wow, now I feel dumb. I don't think he realized there was a patch... haha in that case I agree, Juggs shouldn't be on dlc[/QUOTE]

Thats wishful thinking, but I'd be stoked if it were truth, as the only reason I pre-order from GameStop was because of it. I probably still would have boughten it there, as I got a deal on the guide too, but thats no the point. Bring on the DLC though, as I'd love to start my second play-through and have more costumes to unlock than 6, which are all the ones for Pro-Reg.

Wow. This game is an extremely buggy piece of shit. I had heard about the bugs, but man. My character froze in place and I couldn't move at all. The enemies just beat me until I died. When I finally cleared the room out of enemies, one more popped up, but nothing I do effected him. I couldn't hit him, I couldn't throw things at him, I couldn't strike him with special attacks.. nothing. I couldn't progress without killing that enemy and the game wouldn't allow me to even strike the guy. This game's going back tomorrow.

[quote name='Scorch']Wow. This game is an extremely buggy piece of shit. I had heard about the bugs, but man. My character froze in place and I couldn't move at all. The enemies just beat me until I died. When I finally cleared the room out of enemies, one more popped up, but nothing I do effected him. I couldn't hit him, I couldn't throw things at him, I couldn't strike him with special attacks.. nothing. I couldn't progress without killing that enemy and the game wouldn't allow me to even strike the guy. This game's going back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I didn't experience any of that through my entire playthrough. The only bug I did encounter that pissed me off was during the fight with A-Bomb. The wall closet to the player lacks collision. I made a save during the fight, and went back, and 2 of my characters walked off the edge.

I guess its the former tester in me that was able to play around it and have fun, but I haven't seen any other bugs in it. I actually had fun with the bug. If you use a flyer, you can go all around the level and look around. Was pretty awesome for about 2 minutes.

Sorry to hear you're sending it back, but if isn't for you, then it isn't for you.

Other than a few DREs only issue I have had is some times the AI would be behind a wall or in the wall and you could still see part of them after I killed them. This for me has not been as buggy as some say and from what I have read most are when it come to the achievements.

[quote name='sendme']All you have to do is play that first sim disc to do all the fusions. I'm doing that with one person at a time and have 23 of 23 with cap. america.[/QUOTE] Actually, the easiest way is to make an excel spreadsheet and mark off your combos. Select 3 characters, keep them the same, and then alternate the 4th character, doing fusions with all 3 of the others. I found this to be a lot easier to mark off who had done what fusions with who.

Also, Captain America fusion with Wolverine is the same as Wolverine fusion with Captain America as far as the list is concerned. But it did seem to matter when I was unlocking upgrades.

As far as Bugs go, I've really only had the one where my team switches what side of the screen they're on. That one is a little ridiculous. Also, one 2 boss fights, I forget the first, but on the second with the Tinkerer, one of the 4 super soldiers you have to beat spawned outside of the arena, and I had no idea where he was until I got lucky. took the time and unlocked a few costumes and upgrades though while the weaklings kept respawning and Tinkerer sat in his bubble.

Thor's RT + A and Wolverine's RT + Y are mother fucking boss killers. I like Thor's better though, since you can fly right by the boss and be a safe distance away at the end of the move and still do damage.

hey any one know about "Hidden Focus Upgrade in "secret bunker 2"???"

Simulator > Replay > HQ: Secret Bunker 2 tells me that I am missing an upgrade Token . I have 0 of 1. I look in the guide and it shows me there is a focus upgrade "brain" to the right corner of the review machine but yet I see nothing.

Do I have to be a certain character and hit a hidden button or something. I can locate this item anywhere.

Thanks

[quote name='NegativeZero']hey any one know about "Hidden Focus Upgrade in "secret bunker 2"???"

Simulator > Replay > HQ: Secret Bunker 2 tells me that I am missing an upgrade Token . I have 0 of 1. I look in the guide and it shows me there is a focus upgrade "brain" to the right corner of the review machine but yet I see nothing.

Do I have to be a certain character and hit a hidden button or something. I can locate this item anywhere.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

In each of the four hubs, there's an upgrade token like that. Hid stuff behind spoilers, just because. Note: I did this from memory, so while exact locations may be off, characters will be correct.

Act 1:
use Iron man to hit a switch on a piller
Act 2, Anti-Reg:
use Captain American to hit a switch on a Hydra console
Act 3, first Hub:
use Nanite Fury to hit a switch on a console
Act 3, Second Hub:
use Storm to hit two switches in the room

As for bugs, there were more than a few that really irritated me...

On one level, I was tasked with clearing a room of bad guys before I could complete an objective in that room (second mission in Act 3). However, one of the bad guys spawned in a side room, forgot to run out, and the door closed in front of him. Took a good half hour before I was able to find and kill him.

On the Heavy Metal sim disk, I was able to Gambit+jean fusion the first group of bots down, but after that, the fusion refused to work...there was no tornado of cards for the second and third fusion. Very annoying.

The one that sucked the most - I was running through Sim missions for Special Conversations, and on the very last hub, it forgot that I was in a sim mission, and proceeded to have me run through the entirety of the last mission. Due to autosave, it wasn't like I could just reload a save. Twas very, very annoying.

I purchased it used from gamstop, beat pro reg, and anti.

Very disappointed in that it's now more an action game then action rpg.

Twice beaten in under 13 hours total. So not worth the 50 used in credit I spent.

I was really hoping at shortest it would be 20 hours. It just seems like developers are getting lazier and lazier for game length.

This was one buggy game for sure....(ps3) freezes, sound chopping, sometimes the video skipped (during loading screens where it stream loads) Lack of difficulty.

I still had fun with it and found the story great..but can't help but feel it was more of a God-Of-War Teamup then an action RPG. For a game that was almost canceled, it sure showed in that looks like it was rushed to meet some kind of quota.

The first DLC character has been formally announced, and it's...Carnage? Well, there goes that list I posted earlier. Definitely an odd choice, though he does look pretty cool.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1423...2/videos/mua2_trl_carnagevignette_100809.html

marvel-ultimate-alliance-2-20091008034649997_640w.jpg

Well with that I'm sold. I wonder what side he will be put on or if you can pick. Now for it to come out. I would be willing to spend about 400 points on just him.

I am having trouble unlocking some boosts that require you to do a Fusion/Heroic Deed with a teammate.

I am having this issue between Jean Grey/Wolverine , Human Torch/Thing , Spiderman/Human Torch , Wolverine fastball.

I know these can be done in Simulator room one (I've done this with a few people), but yet nothing happens, the counter doesnt go up when I look at the characters lists of heroic deeds. But i know I'm doing whats required since the pop up in the lower right says so.

[quote name='NegativeZero']I am having trouble unlocking some boosts that require you to do a Fusion/Heroic Deed with a teammate.

I am having this issue between Jean Grey/Wolverine , Human Torch/Thing , Spiderman/Human Torch , Wolverine fastball.

I know these can be done in Simulator room one (I've done this with a few people), but yet nothing happens, the counter doesnt go up when I look at the characters lists of heroic deeds. But i know I'm doing whats required since the pop up in the lower right says so.[/QUOTE]

Those are all Targeted Fusions, correct? I had a problem getting Targeted fusions to count towards heroic deeds in the first simulator disc, so I ended up just doing them in regular missions against Leaders and Bosses. Also make sure you're playing as the character you want the Heroic Deed for when you initiate the fusion.

In Carnage news, they released his alt. costume, which looks to be his Ultimate incarnation. Also at the time, it mentioned he's the first of five DLC characters (for the first DLC pack, at least).
7530_01_0015_20090924-cf311.jpg

[quote name='Salamando3000']In Carnage news, they released his alt. costume, which looks to be his Ultimate incarnation. Also at the time, it mentioned he's the first of five DLC characters (for the first DLC pack, at least).
7530_01_0015_20090924-cf311.jpg
[/QUOTE]

fuckin A' Yes. :D

Only bad thins is the game has not been out that long and Carnage looks finished. So that tells me he could have been in game from the start but they held him and the others out for the DLC. I am willing to spend the points but really hope they don't want a lot for the pack. Wish they would have put him in instead of a few others that are in it.

[quote name='sendme']Only bad thins is the game has not been out that long and Carnage looks finished. So that tells me he could have been in game from the start but they held him and the others out for the DLC. I am willing to spend the points but really hope they don't want a lot for the pack. Wish they would have put him in instead of a few others that are in it.[/QUOTE]

If not all, most DLC for a game is made along side the actual production of a game, where they bank on you paying later. Yeah, it sucks, but blame GameStop/Used Game sales as a big source of the problem. The content is created with the sole idea of it being sold later on. Its in the design notes of a game from the start. One big proof of this is Hellboy: The Science of Evil, as the secret achievements for the game are only attainable in DLC that has never been released due to lackluster sales.

Not to mention, its Activision, a company known to due several things, the first of which is to make butt loads of cash and the second is to drive things into the ground.

That aside, if anybody bought this game and DIDN'T expect DLC, with the first having it, is naive.

I'm looking forward to the DLC though, as I absolutely love this game.

I expected DLC. In fact I expect atleast 3 packs for this game. However what I didn't expect is this soon. I can see 3 or 4 months but the game just came out a little over a month ago and now were talking DLC. They shouldn't even be talking about what the DLC will have in it for another month or so I think.

[quote name='sendme']I expected DLC. In fact I expect atleast 3 packs for this game. However what I didn't expect is this soon. I can see 3 or 4 months but the game just came out a little over a month ago and now were talking DLC. They shouldn't even be talking about what the DLC will have in it for another month or so I think.[/QUOTE]

They stand to make the most money shortly after launch. In 3 or 4 months, the onslaught of new releases would cast a huge shadow on this.

3 packs though? I hope so, but you never know. :)

Sorry if it's been disucused but is Juggernaut going to be included as DLC?

GS screwed me over on my code. Anyway of getting a Juggs code?

Carnage as DLC is pretty cool. That character was one I definitely did not expect. Hmmm..I wonder who the other 4 are. I'm actually kind of sold on the DLC now, even with it being so soon after the game being released.

bread's done
Back