Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

[quote name='timesplitt']i bought the first one a couple days ago, i like it but it doesn't seem as fleshed out, clean as MAU2. MAU2 may have glitches and bugs, but its cleaner, better organized, and easier to manage things to me. I immediately played as moonnight in MAU1 and wish he was in MAU2 as well

got juggs, and if your refering to
nanitefury
got him but if your refering to a normal fury then no

Im still playing through pro reg, so I'll see if that fills one of the empty spots.[/QUOTE]

mmm...maybe Hulk or Thor? There's a few guys you don't get until you get a certain number of shards or crystals. i.e. gamma for Hulk. Unless you can provide a screenie that's my best bet.

I was hoping that Ghostrider would be in the 2nd one, sadly no but I still enjoyed MUA2 a lot. Hopefully they sort everything out and put the DLC back up so I can finally stamp this game complete.

After so much complaining about it disappearing? I think they do still expect everyone will pay $10 for it.

I'm still convinced we may see a Gold Edition of the game pop up at some point...

No Gold edition only makes sense. They lost the license (apparently due to MvC3) and the game may be "out of print" (One of Swords said he thought it might be a few months back). The time frame they're giving us on this is actually pretty fantastic, seeing as how they had to get the rights back for the distribution.

I went ahead and picked the DLC up. Even though the first game's DLC isn't listed in the marketplace anymore I was still able to get it through my purchase history. Figure the same will be with this. I hope anyway.

That would definitely suck. I know a lot of people didn't care for the second one but I thought it was okay. I was more annoyed by the fact that it didn't follow the Civil War storyline, how stupid and convoluted it was anyway, better than what it did.

[quote name='kylerg']I am pretty sure people said they couldn't re-download it when it was pulled before.[/QUOTE]

I did it myself a few weeks back before they re-upped it. If you purchase it, it remains in your history and you can redownload it.

ack 800 pts for DLC for a game you can get for $9.98? Hopefully it will hit 400 ms points during a end of the summer sale thang. glad to see at least it's back up again.

[quote name='100xp']ack 800 pts for DLC for a game you can get for $9.98? Hopefully it will hit 400 ms points during a end of the summer sale thang. glad to see at least it's back up again.[/QUOTE]

what!? they want 800 pts / $10 for 5 DLC characters? are they friggin kidding? I really got all excited, and was about ready to search and download when I learned of this price. booo...ies.

[quote name='advanced']The time frame they're giving us on this is actually pretty fantastic, seeing as how they had to get the rights back for the distribution.[/QUOTE]

after similar logic, I caved in and bought it. Just in case they pull it again. 5 character additions are nice; got it mostly for Cable. Now on with the second play-through; and alternate costume unlocks.

FYI, for those interested, Activision is making this DLC available during the second half of 2010, meaning July - Dec. word: get it before it's gone, or don't complain since this is our second chance.

a 6 month window is much more reasonable than the previous short-lived 2 month surprise. plus, without a gold/platinum retail edition on the horizon, looks like this is the end of the line for now folks.

I'm hoping that this DLC becomes part of the weekly deals between now and the end of the year. I know its a gamble but I'm going to hold off, and if no sale, then I guess I'll bite sometime near the end of the year.

Now we just need to campaign for the MK vs DCU never released DLC characters of Quan Chi and Harley Quinn to be made available.

I'd pay $2 - $3 for these characters; meaning Quan Chi and Harley Quinn. Sure beats the over-priced $5 / 400 MS pts for Darth Vader in SoulCalibur 4.

I'm surprised strings were pulled and the DLC is back.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm hoping that this DLC becomes part of the weekly deals between now and the end of the year. I know its a gamble but I'm going to hold off, and if no sale, then I guess I'll bite sometime near the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. Five dollars is the magic price for me, especially for a game I'd only play through once or twice.

So who did you all use?

I used Daredevil, Storm, Iceman (used im in the 1st one too), and i forget the 4th

I just like ice powers :D

I think my 4th was someone strong, i usually put a strong dude in the mix. Oh yeah, it was Ms. Marvel or something like that

[quote name='Morphx2']So who did you all use?

I used Daredevil, Storm, Iceman (used im in the 1st one too), and i forget the 4th

I just like ice powers :D

I think my 4th was someone strong, i usually put a strong dude in the mix. Oh yeah, it was Ms. Marvel or something like that[/QUOTE]

Cap, Wolvie, Iron Fist and Deadpool. They got a bonus too I think.

[quote name='timesplitt']i always have deadpool and wolverine. to put it simple they heal[/QUOTE]
Do you ever really need it? After midway throught my first playthrough I didn't need to heal at all, I always had enough to kill everything.

Iron Fist is a better healer than they are, because he can heal the whole team, not just himself.

I normally went for a team that had some sort of boost. I forget my Pro-Reg team, but I definitely used Iron Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='advanced']Iron Fist is a better healer than they are, because he can heal the whole team, not just himself.[/QUOTE]

agreed, not my favorite character to play, but his team healing ability is unmatched. i had him in my line-up the entire game, with the other 3 slots open to rotation for unlocks. ironically, my iron fist died on the elevator ride up to face nanite nick.

Got a strange questions.

I want to play MUA2 at home offline with my husband but I also want a separate game to play online with my friend. Is this possible or will the game try to override my save from each time I play?

[quote name='RallyV']Got a strange questions.

I want to play MUA2 at home offline with my husband but I also want a separate game to play online with my friend. Is this possible or will the game try to override my save from each time I play?[/QUOTE]
It's completely possible to have separate gamesaves. You just have to do the saving and loading yourself.

Thought I'd bump this thread as we're going into the final month of the DLC offer for those that haven't gotten it yet. Definitely worth it, as the characters are fun and the game is great (especially if you enjoyed the first game).

Still holding on till the last week, I'm hoping MajorNelson or activision announces a last minute sale for the DLC, but at this point I think its just wishful thinking.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Still holding on till the last week, I'm hoping MajorNelson or activision announces a last minute sale for the DLC, but at this point I think its just wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but I think I'm just going to buy it in a couple of days. I have some spare Live points cards from last year's B2G1 TRU sale, and I was always planning on using one for this game. Would love to play as Psyloche/Cable

Well, seeing as the days are rushing by, I brokedown and bought the character pack and Juggernaut. Figure it'll give me added replay to the game and I don't want to accidentally forget.

Once again to those reading this thread, Activision is pulling the bonus character pack come Dec. 31 due to licensing. Get it while you can.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Do you ever really need it? After midway throught my first playthrough I didn't need to heal at all, I always had enough to kill everything.[/QUOTE]
i suck

i have to restart on my hard playthrough and i was wondering if there was a way to LEAVE a mission i got stuck and couldn't for the life of me continue. is there a way to level grind up where i can save afterwards

Thanks for the reminder...I need to put a reminder on the last day on my calendar as I really hope that the DLC is one of the daily deals going on now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the reminder...I need to put a reminder on the last day on my calendar as I really hope that the DLC is one of the daily deals going on now.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Major Nelson or someone release the list already? I could have sworn I read what was going to be on the daily deals somewhere and was unimpressed by it for the most part. Still, better not to wait until the last minute, because you either forget or cut it too short. It's happened to me before.

going to get it after Christmas in some freak event it goes on sale, after that...you'd really only be complaining that you could have saved anywhere from $2.50 to $5.00 at most and 400 ms pts off is really pushin it due to all the mumbo jumbo going on with MUA2 DLC.

a friendly reminder the MUA2 DLC will be no longer available after tomorrow. (according to the website) Get it now while you can or at least download the free DLC that allows you to play with other ppl that have the DLC.

bread's done
Back