Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3) @ Newegg $21.99 Shipped

I got an email for a 10% off promo code. Max $20 discount. Thinking about this.

The 360 version is $26.99 but for $5 less I'll go with PS3.

what are the odds that the 360 version will drop to 21.99 before the coupon sometime soon haha. I want this game but i dont want to spend more then 20 for it.

After second thought I'll hold out for around $10 on newegg or gamefly. I've read several places that it's not near as good as the original and I've got a huge backlog.

[quote name='sdcranford']After second thought I'll hold out for around $10 on newegg or gamefly. I've read several places that it's not near as good as the original and I've got a huge backlog.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I can wait a few months for it to drop further.

This game's price is dropping like a stone... I got it as part of B2G1 free promo last year (it's like $30 something at least). Well, no surprise here, didn't really finish the game and didn't really like it (hack and slash is my type of game too, but MUA2 just don't have the magic).

I say, $10 will be the price of this game soon (maybe in March). PS3's on-line is quite laggy foe MUA2, i tried once and didn't like it at all.

[quote name='Mako1215']Why did this game drop so quick?[/QUOTE]

Many people thought the game was a bit of a let-down. At release, I know it was quite glitchy. DLC has also been pulled from both XBL and PSN (due to Activision not renewing a license from Marvel supposedly). Means people buying it now cannot get 100% of the achievements/trophies, and there's next-to-no chance of any more content getting released for it.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Many people thought the game was a bit of a let-down. At release, I know it was quite glitchy. DLC has also been pulled from both XBL and PSN (due to Activision not renewing a license from Marvel supposedly). Means people buying it now cannot get 100% of the achievements/trophies, and there's next-to-no chance of any more content getting released for it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why i won't be picking this up, waiting on news of a third, if they even decide to make a new one. Otherwise, probably wait til its around 10.

[quote name='Salamando3000']DLC has also been pulled from both XBL and PSN (due to Activision not renewing a license from Marvel supposedly). Means people buying it now cannot get 100% of the achievements/trophies, and there's next-to-no chance of any more content getting released for it.[/QUOTE]
Was going to jump on the game until I read this... F-U Activision for f-ing us!

Completely skipped this one as it was a step backwards from MUA. Weak story, watered down character selection, almost nothing new in the formula, and a complete lack of costumes (really is it that hard to make additional skins?). The pulling of the DLC is the final straw. Maybe they'll reinstate it with a Platinum hits, but this game was a complete let down. Too bad as it was down to 600 points on Goozex when I pulled it from my requests list.

I almost doubt that there will be a MAU3. Since Disney bought Marvel, I don't think anyone else would want to license it to make the game.

That would explain why certain Target was clearing it out as well, at least for 360 that I see. So if the DLC has been pulled, that makes those Jugganut and Hulk codes useless as well? Wow.:shock: Guess I will wait for this to drop too.

[quote name='xycury']I almost doubt that there will be a MAU3. Since Disney bought Marvel, I don't think anyone else would want to license it to make the game.[/QUOTE]
Good. Maybe a different developer can finally use a different game engine to make something else besides a beat-em-up game with tiny character models. Personally, I vote for either a turn-based RPG using Marvel characters or an action/adventure with huge, detailed models where you can swap out characters at any time like in Genji: Days of the Blade.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']That would explain why certain Target was clearing it out as well, at least for 360 that I see. So if the DLC has been pulled, that makes those Jugganut and Hulk codes useless as well? Wow.:shock: Guess I will wait for this to drop too.[/QUOTE]

If you already have a claim code for Juggernaut, I don't know how that'll affect your ability to get him. I know I can still download Juggernaut and the other DLC pack, you just can't buy him.

The hulk's in the game already, acquired by collecting a number of gamma regulators in game.

bread's done
Back