Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 29.99

Spades22

CAGiversary!
Best Buy has it at 30 bucks for the Wii, 360, and PS3 versions in the flyer this week...and you can probably get it for around 25 if you go to FS!

Future Shop (at least in Toronto) seems to have incredible problems with doing price matches on Best Buy. Most of the ones I've been to will only sell at the same price and one wouldn't even do that. All gave the standard "Best Buy now owns us" type of explanation when asked why they wouldn't, though.

Wow weird...I've never had any problems when I've PMed at FS. They're actually one of my favorite stores for stuff like this because they usually have nicer, and fairly trustworthy workers there. 29.99 still isn't bad if you've been looking for this game, though.

futureshop knocked $10 off two 2800 point cards yesterday without even calling Toys R Us to pricematch I was impressed to say the least.

[quote name='tzepau']Future Shop (at least in Toronto) seems to have incredible problems with doing price matches on Best Buy. Most of the ones I've been to will only sell at the same price and one wouldn't even do that. All gave the standard "Best Buy now owns us" type of explanation when asked why they wouldn't, though.[/quote]

Yeah I heard that's actually company policy: they won't beat BB's prices, and only match them.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Yeah I heard that's actually company policy: they won't beat BB's prices, and only match them.[/quote]

IT'S NOT!

While it's true that Futureshop is owned by Best Buy they treat eachother (for the time being) as seperate entities. I have talked to the corporate head office regarding this and both Futureshop and Best Buy have confirmed that they will beat the price by 10% of the difference. Some employees will give you the response that they are owned by the same company. If the customer service rep is adament just talk to a manager. If they still hassle you then just email customer service and you will get back a response confirming that they WILL beat eachother by 10%. Print off the email and bring it into the futureshop or best buy that is giving you a problem.

I've PMed b/t BB and FS a few times and only once have I had problems. This was the time that I was trying to take advantage of the price mistake on Walmart's flyer, $18.98 for FFV (this was like 2 weeks after it came out), went to PM at FS so i could get them for $15.98+Tax, tried to grab 3 copies and a manager gave me a hard time, he ended up letting me grab all 3 BUT he insisted that they only give the 10% off the difference if I bought a product from them and saw it cheaper elsewhere, then RETURNED to tell them about the price change. I called BS, but went with it and got out with 3 copies of FFV, which i subsquently traded for some high profile games that i had been searching for :)

[quote name='tzepau']Future Shop (at least in Toronto) seems to have incredible problems with doing price matches on Best Buy. Most of the ones I've been to will only sell at the same price and one wouldn't even do that. All gave the standard "Best Buy now owns us" type of explanation when asked why they wouldn't, though.[/quote]

you mean the futureshop on yongue? accross the street from best buy? :S

i think BB only runs FS as a separate franhise to make BB look better by comparison. FS prices are never below BB (that i've noticed) even though they cary the same merch and are essentially the same company.

Thx OP, got the game for 25.99 + tax..PM'ed it at Futureshop..wow..went on a huge buying spree today on games..bought 5 PSP games today..most of them were 18.95, and with Dead or Alive 4 at Rogers for 24.95 too..must've spent $150 today...damn CAG..you're bleeding my wallet :(..oh well..games are my addiction :) :p

Thanks Spades22! I had been looking to use a gift card I had gotten for futureshop on either this game or Dead Rising when one droppped in price. This one worked out perfectly.

I'm not even sure how this one worked out because I had checked the stock levels for the 2 best buys in the city and it had said they were both out of stock. So I brought the game to the till just after they closed in the hope that they wouldn't check the stock levels because they'd want to go home. But they did and for some reason the girl found that one of the stores had stock so I got the game. Yet when I went home I checked again and neither best buy showed any stock, so I have no idea what the hell happened. But I'm happy regardless.

bread's done
Back