Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $13.50 USED at Gamestop.com

[quote name='chior'][quote name='wannabepunktony'][quote name='onikage']Have you ordered anything recently and had it come complete?[/quote]

I ordered three MGS 2: Substance, received last week, all three were complete - case and manual. Sounds like I either have awesome luck or someone out there has crappy luck. ;P Still waiting on my MvsC2 though, so maybe that's where the luck runs out....[/quote]

I ordered a few times from GS.com. 60% of the games are complete. 40% of the games are disc only!!! The worst thing I have ever encountered is that they sent "Not for Sale" disc to me. Is that legal???[/quote]

I don't see how you people are ending up w/ such high complete game ratios. I have placed many orders and only received 1 complete game. :x
Games w/ "not for resale" tags may or may not be legal for GS to sell. I bought a copy of Mario Golf GBA that has the "property of Nintendo" sticker on the back and "not for resale" on the font. I know they aren't suppose to sell things like that. But it depends on what game you got.

i purchased mine for 15 dollars at a pawn shop... i opened the case it looked like it was played once then sent to the pawn shop.. man.. i love stupid people...

I got mine yesterday. It came with the case and disc (which looks resurfaced but plays fine), but no manual. No big deal; I'm just happy to have the case.

Whats the big deal about the PS2 version?

I thought this game (and all 2d fighters) were much better on the dreamcast.

[quote name='Kayden']Whats the big deal about the PS2 version?

I thought this game (and all 2d fighters) were much better on the dreamcast.[/quote]

They are, however not everyone has a dreamcast, also this is worth quite a bit more than the dreamcast version on ebay. :D

[quote name='Kayden']Whats the big deal about the PS2 version?

I thought this game (and all 2d fighters) were much better on the dreamcast.[/quote]

It's a popular fighting game and most people would rather just own the ps2 version I guess.

BTW: The PS2 version of Third Strike was superior to the DC incarnation.

I must be a idiot, but when I tried it with the search option it still came up as backordered. I also went to my local Gamestop (which the site said had MVC in stock) and had no luck there either.

[quote name='KrAzY3']I must be a idiot, but when I tried it with the search option it still came up as backordered. I also went to my local Gamestop (which the site said had MVC in stock) and had no luck there either.[/quote]

My order is now processing. It had been on backorder for about a week, so I assume they just got a few in today. I don't think it will show up as in stock on the site until all backorders are fulfilled.

[quote name='KrAzY3']I must be a idiot, but when I tried it with the search option it still came up as backordered. I also went to my local Gamestop (which the site said had MVC in stock) and had no luck there either.[/quote]

same for me :(

I just received my order of three MvsC2 PS2 today - all complete. BUT, I did order another MGS 2: Substance PS2 and received it today and it was just a disc...so, maybe my luck has run dry. -_-;;;

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I just received my order of three MvsC2 PS2 today - all complete. BUT, I did order another MGS 2: Substance PS2 and received it today and it was just a disc...so, maybe my luck has run dry. -_-;;;[/quote]

You got 3 complete copies of MvC2, your luck is just fine. I wish my luck could have the chance to run dry, but since I started ordering from GS I have only been sent 1 game that came w/ a case, w/ every other original order being disc only. Just today I received ZOE & ZOE2 in the mail, but the games never left my mailbox as they too were just discs. *return to sender*

[quote name='onikage']You got 3 complete copies of MvC2, your luck is just fine. I wish my luck could have the chance to run dry, but since I started ordering from GS I have only been sent 1 game that came w/ a case, w/ every other original order being disc only. Just today I received ZOE & ZOE2 in the mail, but the games never left my mailbox as they too were just discs. *return to sender*[/quote]

Sad. =\ Here, let me send some of my luck your way....

*chats magic luck granting spell*

from what i've heard, capcom really screwed the pooch when it came to porting over to the xbox and ps2

The sprites are extremely pixelated..It appears that way on the DC too(which i have), especially when you use a vga box

Capcom should get off their lazy asses and do hi-res sprites and re-release this game for the next gen consoles..

[quote name='onikage'][quote name='wannabepunktony']I just received my order of three MvsC2 PS2 today - all complete. BUT, I did order another MGS 2: Substance PS2 and received it today and it was just a disc...so, maybe my luck has run dry. -_-;;;[/quote]

You got 3 complete copies of MvC2, your luck is just fine. I wish my luck could have the chance to run dry, but since I started ordering from GS I have only been sent 1 game that came w/ a case, w/ every other original order being disc only. Just today I received ZOE & ZOE2 in the mail, but the games never left my mailbox as they too were just discs. *return to sender*[/quote]

That sucks. I just picked up ZoE complete at EB for $4.99 (now I just need to find ZoE2). And I think ordering 3 copies of MvC2 is a bit excessive and makes you a jerk, knowing there is a whole messageboard of people who would love one copy. Just my two cents... Anyway, there is a GS 15 miles from here that supposedly has 1-3 copies in. I don't want to go for nothing, but if I call, they surely will "not have any."

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='onikage'][quote name='wannabepunktony']I just received my order of three MvsC2 PS2 today - all complete. BUT, I did order another MGS 2: Substance PS2 and received it today and it was just a disc...so, maybe my luck has run dry. -_-;;;[/quote]

You got 3 complete copies of MvC2, your luck is just fine. I wish my luck could have the chance to run dry, but since I started ordering from GS I have only been sent 1 game that came w/ a case, w/ every other original order being disc only. Just today I received ZOE & ZOE2 in the mail, but the games never left my mailbox as they too were just discs. *return to sender*[/quote]

That sucks. I just picked up ZoE complete at EB for $4.99 (now I just need to find ZoE2). And I think ordering 3 copies of MvC2 is a bit excessive and makes you a jerk, knowing there is a whole messageboard of people who would love one copy. Just my two cents... Anyway, there is a GS 15 miles from here that supposedly has 1-3 copies in. I don't want to go for nothing, but if I call, they surely will "not have any."[/quote]

B&M price didn't change.

Got mine today: both disc and case in almost perfect condition (w00t!) No manual, though. Anybody has an extra manual for this, drop me a PM.

Ok, I've never ordered off Gamestop.com before as I normally just go to B&M nearby. I just placed my order and got an email that says the following:

Date: 2/24/2005
Order #: Number was here
Amount: $35.98

Order Contents:

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Preowned 2 $35.98

Subtotal : $35.98
Tax : $0.00
Shipping & Handling : $0.00
Grand Total : $35.98

Shipping Method : USA Value
Click here to see how your freight charge was calculated.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/domesticshipping.asp

Orders for in-stock items normally ship within 24 hours. We do not ship
on Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks again! If we may be of further service, please don't hesitate
to e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-883-8895.
Customer service is available 8 a.m.- 8 p.m Monday through Friday and 8
a.m.- 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

To track your order online, go to this web address:
https://www.gamestop.com/ordertracking.asp?affid=1

Thank you for shopping at Gamestop.com,
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

I just checked my bankaccount online and it is acting like the money has been removed already. My question is does this mean that my order was accepted and should ship here soon? It is still listed as backordered, but when I go to the PS2 used page, the banner says "now shipping". I get confusededed easily. ^_^

[quote name='ryoga79']Ok, I've never ordered off Gamestop.com before as I normally just go to B&M nearby. I just placed my order and got an email that says the following:

Date: 2/24/2005
Order #: Number was here
Amount: $35.98

Order Contents:

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Preowned 2 $35.98

Subtotal : $35.98
Tax : $0.00
Shipping & Handling : $0.00
Grand Total : $35.98

Shipping Method : USA Value
Click here to see how your freight charge was calculated.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/domesticshipping.asp

Orders for in-stock items normally ship within 24 hours. We do not ship
on Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks again! If we may be of further service, please don't hesitate
to e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-883-8895.
Customer service is available 8 a.m.- 8 p.m Monday through Friday and 8
a.m.- 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

To track your order online, go to this web address:
https://www.gamestop.com/ordertracking.asp?affid=1

Thank you for shopping at Gamestop.com,
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

I just checked my bankaccount online and it is acting like the money has been removed already. My question is does this mean that my order was accepted and should ship here soon? It is still listed as backordered, but when I go to the PS2 used page, the banner says "now shipping". I get confusededed easily. ^_^[/quote]

They authorize your card right away regardless if they actually have it in stock. Once it ships, they'll turn that authorization into an actual charge. However, even if they don't ship it for a while, they still want to make sure you have the money on your card and it'a held for them.

capcom.com sells manuals for this game for $5 shipped. That is not exactly cheap, but for a game like this, it is worth it.

[quote name='dracula']capcom.com sells manuals for this game for $5 shipped. That is not exactly cheap, but for a game like this, it is worth it.[/quote]

I'm so lost on that site, any more help you give me finding that would be great.

Capcom.com's FAQ said:
Q: I lost my instruction manual, how can I obtain a replacement?
A: Send $5.00 for each requested manual by either check or money order to:

Capcom Customer Service
475 Oakmead Parkway
Sunnyvale, CA 94085

Or call customer service at 408-774-0400 to purchase by credit card.

My local EB games has an Xbox copy of this game for the low low price of $54.99... Pretty beat up looking case too.

I got mine a week or so ago, disc only and in terrible condition, looks like it has some gum stuck to it. I emailed Gamestop and they're sending another one out, they don't want this one back until the 2nd one gets here, and I make sure that ones ok. If not, I have to send them both back together for yet another one.

Gamestop's used games are the worst I've ever seen, but their customer service tries to help you out as much as they can.

[quote name='dafoomie']I got mine a week or so ago, disc only and in terrible condition, looks like it has some gum stuck to it. I emailed Gamestop and they're sending another one out, they don't want this one back until the 2nd one gets here, and I make sure that ones ok. If not, I have to send them both back together for yet another one.

Gamestop's used games are the worst I've ever seen, but their customer service tries to help you out as much as they can.[/quote]

Yeah, thats why I passed on this. The only decent pre-owned game I ever recieved from Gamestop (B&M or Online) was King's Field: The Ancient City but I'll chalk that up to the original owner playing it once then trading it in.

[quote name='terribledeli'][quote name='dafoomie']I got mine a week or so ago, disc only and in terrible condition, looks like it has some gum stuck to it. I emailed Gamestop and they're sending another one out, they don't want this one back until the 2nd one gets here, and I make sure that ones ok. If not, I have to send them both back together for yet another one.

Gamestop's used games are the worst I've ever seen, but their customer service tries to help you out as much as they can.[/quote]

Yeah, thats why I passed on this. The only decent pre-owned game I ever recieved from Gamestop (B&M or Online) was King's Field: The Ancient City but I'll chalk that up to the original owner playing it once then trading it in.[/quote]

Mine came in excellent condtion, the disk was refurbished but heck for $12 I'm not going to complain. It's alwasy hit and miss with these guys, but when getting up to bat is so cheap why not take a swing?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='terribledeli'][quote name='dafoomie']I got mine a week or so ago, disc only and in terrible condition, looks like it has some gum stuck to it. I emailed Gamestop and they're sending another one out, they don't want this one back until the 2nd one gets here, and I make sure that ones ok. If not, I have to send them both back together for yet another one.

Yeah, thats why I passed on this. The only decent pre-owned game I ever recieved from Gamestop (B&M or Online) was King's Field: The Ancient City but I'll chalk that up to the original owner playing it once then trading it in.[/quote]

Mine came in excellent condtion, the disk was refurbished but heck for $12 I'm not going to complain. It's alwasy hit and miss with these guys, but when getting up to bat is so cheap why not take a swing?[/quote]
I already have a mint case and manual, so this deal works for me. I'll just have to keep returning it (at their expense) until they get it right. I just want one in decent condition, without any gum, deodorant, stickers, or any other substance stuck to the disc.

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='terribledeli'][quote name='dafoomie']I got mine a week or so ago, disc only and in terrible condition, looks like it has some gum stuck to it. I emailed Gamestop and they're sending another one out, they don't want this one back until the 2nd one gets here, and I make sure that ones ok. If not, I have to send them both back together for yet another one.

Mine came in excellent condtion, the disk was refurbished but heck for $12 I'm not going to complain. It's alwasy hit and miss with these guys, but when getting up to bat is so cheap why not take a swing?[/quote]
I already have a mint case and manual, so this deal works for me. I'll just have to keep returning it (at their expense) until they get it right. I just want one in decent condition, without any gum, deodorant, stickers, or any other substance stuck to the disc.[/quote]

Glad to hear it! I was mainly responding to terribledeli passing on the deal. Like you just said you have very little to loose, eventually they will send you a decent copy.

[quote name='gsr']from what i've heard, capcom really screwed the pooch when it came to porting over to the xbox and ps2

The sprites are extremely pixelated..It appears that way on the DC too(which i have), especially when you use a vga box[/quote]

Well, I can't comment on the PS2 version, but I own both the DC and Xbox versions, and they're both equally pixelated. DC via S-Video looks pixelated and Xbox via HD component *looks* slightly more pixelated, but this is only due to the increased sharpness with Component out.

Looks and Sound-wise, I think the Xbox version is just as good if not better than the DC. I think the increased clarity of the Xbox's output and more people having higher-quality connections with XB than DC probably leads to folks saying it looks more pixelated.

Now some folks may complain that one of the ports or both aren't good because some character's super doesn't cancel into an EX move with an Alpha breaker like the DC version. I can't comment on this since I am not that hardcore, but it seems to play exactly the same to me.

Besides, the XB version has the extra artwork bonuses, and it's also the system I play all my other VS games on, so it's more convenient.

BTW, if anybody wants a like-new used DC copy, PM me with an offer. I only take checks, I don't fool with Paypal or any of that crap.

Got my 2 copies in today, only 5 days since I got the shipping notification. They are disk only, but one disk is near perfect and the other has only minimal scratches. I know that alot of people are sending their games back to have complete versions. Anyone know of an alternative from sending back really nice looking copies for the chance of getting full copies? Or where I can get instuction books and case cards?

Why doesn't someone just scan there case insert and post it so people can print it. I may do that when I get the time. At least they would have the case insert.

Hey, if you could do that, I'd be happy. If no one has any other ideas, I'll probably just order instruction books from capcom.com eventually. Tell you what, if you do scan it, pm me and lemme know so I can have you send it to my gmail or something (slow net right now, but it should be fixed in 2 weeks).

[quote name='rickc25']Hmm, locator says its in stock at my local gamestop. Might have to check it out.[/quote]

good luck. I just called one which near my place , on the website, it said yes, but when I tried, they don't have it. May be better to go in person.

End up I bought from ebgames.

I almost canceled my order the day after I placed it on the GS site. I checked if any of the B&M stores near me had it and what luck, one did! I called, and the guy laughed at me. "Dude, you might wanna try Ebay cause that game is impossib.....wait a second.....holy SHIT!" (Right hand to god this is from the actual conversation.) He was so happy they had one that he didn't want to sell it to me, but asked me if I wanted it cause if not, he was going to ring it up right now. And I probably would have drove the 24 miles to get it, had the B&M price not been $39.99. It was complete, but i paid $36 total for 2 copies (one for me and one for my bro) that were mint disk only. Now i just need to get case, cover art and instruction books.

Good luck on that B&M search though, rickc25

My copy came in today, unfortunately disc only. I would not have really cared if the disc actually worked :( . The top of the disc where the artwork is all scratched up. How the heck are these supposed to be "Guaranteed to work" :shock:

[quote name='ryoga79']I almost canceled my order the day after I placed it on the GS site. I checked if any of the B&M stores near me had it and what luck, one did! I called, and the guy laughed at me. "Dude, you might wanna try Ebay cause that game is impossib.....wait a second.....holy SHIT!" (Right hand to god this is from the actual conversation.) He was so happy they had one that he didn't want to sell it to me, but asked me if I wanted it cause if not, he was going to ring it up right now. And I probably would have drove the 24 miles to get it, had the B&M price not been $39.99. It was complete, but i paid $36 total for 2 copies (one for me and one for my bro) that were mint disk only. Now i just need to get case, cover art and instruction books.

Good luck on that B&M search though, rickc25[/quote]

LOL

[quote name='Lord Alfred'][quote name='gsr']from what i've heard, capcom really screwed the pooch when it came to porting over to the xbox and ps2

The sprites are extremely pixelated..It appears that way on the DC too(which i have), especially when you use a vga box[/quote]

Well, I can't comment on the PS2 version, but I own both the DC and Xbox versions, and they're both equally pixelated. DC via S-Video looks pixelated and Xbox via HD component *looks* slightly more pixelated, but this is only due to the increased sharpness with Component out.

Looks and Sound-wise, I think the Xbox version is just as good if not better than the DC. I think the increased clarity of the Xbox's output and more people having higher-quality connections with XB than DC probably leads to folks saying it looks more pixelated.
...[/quote]

I actually own all 3 versions and compared all three using an S-Video connection and a video switcher. I set all 3 to training mode, and picked the same character and left them standing in the default position. Using the Dreamcast version as the reference, the Xbox version is actually the worst sprite-wise due to the fact that the sprites for the Xbox version are STRETCHED horizontally!! The aspect ratio is horribly off. They look like fat versions of the characters. If you do this test yourself, check out Cable or Thanos for good examples. I really didn't notice this until I decided to do this comparison. The PS2 version is close to the Dreamcast version in terms of sprite size and ratio of the but appears jagged as the sprites have been re-sampled for ps2 resolution. The resampling=jaggedness applies to Xbox version as well. The Dreamcast version had some help with its blockiness as it seems to utilize some form of anti-aliasing built into the graphics sub-system.

[quote name='ryoga79']Got my 2 copies in today, only 5 days since I got the shipping notification. They are disk only, but one disk is near perfect and the other has only minimal scratches. I know that alot of people are sending their games back to have complete versions. Anyone know of an alternative from sending back really nice looking copies for the chance of getting full copies? Or where I can get instuction books and case cards?[/quote]

I was on Capcom's website the other day and saw that you can order replacement manuals directly from them. http://www.capcom.com/support/#q28 I don't know if they still have MVC2 manuals but it might be worth a shot.

bread's done
Back