Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS2) @ Gamestop.com ~$60

OMG thank you I have been looking for this game for my collection forever. I can't believe I found it for the PS2 and for that price.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Be warned before buying this game that the achievements for the Xbox 360 Arcade version have been released and there is a good chance it will make its way over to the PSN as well.

[quote name='Tophat666']OMG thank you I have been looking for this game for my collection forever. I can't believe I found it for the PS2 and for that price.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

umm, it's available practically every day on ebgames...no one orders them because they usually arrive disc only and scratched up.

XBLA is kinda ridiculous in that for the price of that used copy of MvC2, you can get Rez, Ikaruga, Soulcalibur, Castlevania SOTN, and MvC2 (if the rumors are true).

At this point, with so many rumors of the game coming to Live and PSN, there is no way I'd shell out 60 dollars for a used one. They have a copy of this sitting at one of the local used game stores in my area. They want 129.99 for it.

Dream on people. I really don't get these local shops asking so much for rare games. I go there every 3-4 months and the same games are still sitting there. Cut the price 50 percent and you make actually SELL it. I even mentioned that and the dude was like "someone will buy it for that." and I replied with "that's been there for well over a year and no one has." He didn't have much to say after that, just walked away.

I wonder how that place stays in business.

I still have my awesome Dreamcast with MvC1 & 2 along with a lot of other Dreamcast classics.

With that said, I'm surprised people just don't buy a DC with MvC2 off...I'm sure together they're around this $60+ price since the DC version of MvC2 has gone for $30 sometimes. I've heard the PS2 and XBox ports just aren't as good at the DC port either.

I wouldn't buy this at $60, not now that it does actually appear that it's coming to the PSN and XBL.

As far as anyone who says this is always available at GS.com, it's not. You're thinking of the Xbox version. That's often in-stock online. The PS2 version rarely is. It's definitely been in a stock a few times, but not on a consistent basis.

If for some reason you do feel like burning money, remember that if you get an incomplete or scratched-up copy, you can return to any GS store.

Nope, you're thinking of the Xbox version. The PS2 version is always $80, because the demand is higher, considering the Xbox version is "technically" compatible with the 360.

[quote name='Stingercjc']At this point, with so many rumors of the game coming to Live and PSN, there is no way I'd shell out 60 dollars for a used one. They have a copy of this sitting at one of the local used game stores in my area. They want 129.99 for it.

Dream on people. I really don't get these local shops asking so much for rare games. I go there every 3-4 months and the same games are still sitting there. Cut the price 50 percent and you make actually SELL it. I even mentioned that and the dude was like "someone will buy it for that." and I replied with "that's been there for well over a year and no one has." He didn't have much to say after that, just walked away.

I wonder how that place stays in business.[/quote]

Its not a rumor... the achievements are up already for it so it is indeed coming at some point...

[quote name='fairtrade']Isn't this usually $60 or $65? Did they jack this beeyatch up because of their 20% coupon? :roll:

Stay classy, Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Nope, always the same price

I placed an order about two weeks ago for this on gamestop hopeing that it came with a case and manual. Low and behold, when it came in, the case, manual and game disc is in really great condition. I guess i lucked out.

[quote name='gottab4you']I placed an order about two weeks ago for this on gamestop hopeing that it came with a case and manual. Low and behold, when it came in, the case, manual and game disc is in really great condition. I guess i lucked out.[/quote]

Yeah, you got lucky, but this is why I always tell people to order something like this when it pops up. The worst thing that happens is that you waste a little time and gas returning to the store. If you don't have a GS near you, I'd probably not bother, though.

I can't wait for it to come out hopefully by then I will have my SF IV TE stick to use..

I already have it on Xbox, PS2, and will still get on DC..:cool:

[quote name='Stingercjc']At this point, with so many rumors of the game coming to Live and PSN, there is no way I'd shell out 60 dollars for a used one. They have a copy of this sitting at one of the local used game stores in my area. They want 129.99 for it.

I wonder how that place stays in business.[/quote]

I do EXACTLY what they do but on ebay and Amazon. Making a living, earning MORE than my old full-time job at GameStop....

Hmm...I think these places know what they are doing!

I can't believe I sold my copy to game stop a little over a year it was released.. I'm kick myself in the butt every time I see how much profit I could've made x(

but it's a great game non the less

The reason why this game is still so expensive is because the arcade following precedes it and people still use this game competitively. Compare paying $60+ to play this on any PS2/PS3 or Xbox 360 to shelling out (at least) $300+ for an arcade PCB.

And that's just the PCB, you'd then either have to invest time to wire this bad boy to a cabinet you happened to be storing in your attic or MacGyver it to your computer of choice.

So yeah, $60+ doesn't sound too bad to the fighting enthusiasts out there. Hehe, $115 even!

I'm just happy it's coming to XBLA (I HOPE!). It's a good year to be a fighting fan. -_-

[quote name='howlinmad']Can't wait for this to come out on Live. I wonder what people will do with their $90 discs then.[/quote]

Same thing people do with their $100+ Neo Geo carts even though there's plenty of SNK compilation discs out there. Play them.

a good sign that the mvc2 rumors for xbla and psn could be true. why else would gamestop drop the price on it trying to sell it and people online are trying to sell their copies more now than ever?

[quote name='dios']a good sign that the mvc2 rumors for xbla and psn could be true. why else would gamestop drop the price on it trying to sell it and people online are trying to sell their copies more now than ever?[/quote]

Gamestop didn't drop the price. The lower price is if you use this week's coupon.

I forgot about the CAG16 coupon, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gottab4you']I placed an order about two weeks ago for this on gamestop hopeing that it came with a case and manual. Low and behold, when it came in, the case, manual and game disc is in really great condition. I guess i lucked out.[/quote]

Oh you suck. All I got was the disc, no manual OR original cover. GAH, I'm so tempted to sell/trade it too....

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Why do people keep saying MVC2 rumors? Its 100% confirmed true now.[/quote]

It isn't confirmed, though. Confirmed means Capcom comes out says, "This game is coming out." It's more like it's been discovered to be coming out at some point.

:lol: since when was I wrong about this?

and yes it's 100% confirmed, just not formally.

I say hold out because the digital release will be both cheaper and more worth it.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']i wouldn't waste my money on the ps2 version only xbox baby![/quote]

So you can play it with the crappy original Xbox controller or with the horrible 360 emulation that includes broken character sprites? Well, at least that's how I view it. :D

just because it comes out on XBL or PSstore doesn't mean no one will buy the actual game. Most people who buy them from ebay are collectors like myself. I still own the original Dreamcast version which i will continue to play instead of the xbl version.

MvC2 achievements were already put up. It's 100% confirmed for PSN/XBLA, we just don't know when.

Both the PS2 and Xbox versions are horrible ports anyways.

I wonder how that place stays in business.[/QUOTE]

Ya the local place here started doing that, they were selling lots of rare games like that for $4 apiece, I was going in once a week and buying them up and putting them on ebay, some guy went in and make the comment that EB sells teh game alsot higher, so the guy jacked his prices and cant sell them, it also killed him that people see it sitting there for $90, and he is only offering them $5 TIV for it....

[quote name='MoxManiac_']MvC2 achievements were already put up. It's 100% confirmed for PSN/XBLA, we just don't know when.

Both the PS2 and Xbox versions are horrible ports anyways.[/quote]

They're both completely playable and far from being "horrible ports".

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not formally = not confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Capcom didn't go out and re-license their old library just to look at it...

[quote name='Rozz']They're both completely playable and far from being "horrible ports".[/quote]

Compared to the Dreamcast version (which is an arcade perfect port), they are bad ports.

bread's done
Back