Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS2) @ Gamestop.com ~$60

[quote name='fairtrade']As for MvC3 in 3D being the next logical step I can't agree with that. Even SF4 was a huge disappointment. And if they take MvC to 3D it can be used as an excuse to cut the number of characters back down to like 20 or some crazy low number. :([/QUOTE]
Talk about hot messes. It was late and I forgot to finish my thought. The second part of my response was talking about the SF4 vs KOF12 approaches to modernizing and hi-res-ing fighting games. I think regardless of the approach, rosters would need to be whittled down because most assets would need to be made from scratch again. Unless they go for the SF4 look wholesale and recycle those SF.

[quote name='fairtrade']Craigslist's erotic services section and $500? :lol:

As for MvC3 in 3D being the next logical step I can't agree with that. Even SF4 was a huge disappointment. And if they take MvC to 3D it can be used as an excuse to cut the number of characters back down to like 20 or some crazy low number. :([/QUOTE]

That's quite a waste of money if you're just gonna leave her there. Hopefully you have a multiple-hour MSOG arrangement.

Turns out the pizza place I had lunch at has MvC 1 not 2... I tried it against the CPU and had to stop because my calzone was ready....
5 more days before it's official.. one can only hope PSN gets one as well.

[quote name='expane']Turns out the pizza place I had lunch at has MvC 1 not 2... I tried it against the CPU and had to stop because my calzone was ready....
5 more days before it's official.. one can only hope PSN gets one as well.[/quote]

its capcom, theyll milk everyone for wahtever we are worth!

[quote name='expane']Turns out the pizza place I had lunch at has MvC 1 not 2... I tried it against the CPU and had to stop because my calzone was ready....
5 more days before it's official.. one can only hope PSN gets one as well.[/QUOTE]
They better. I only have an arcade stick for the PS3 and I'm not about to shell out money for another for the 360.

[quote name='mxpowar']They better. I only have an arcade stick for the PS3 and I'm not about to shell out money for another for the 360.[/QUOTE]

not to mention the D-pad for those who are not hardcore fighter gamers... unless XBOX releases a new 360 pad ...

[quote name='UncleBob']Superman can - and DID - defeat the Hulk. You lose. :p[/quote]

Hey! I've got no girl in or out of the bed now... we can take this to page 97! :p

[quote name='Tophat666']OMG thank you I have been looking for this game for my collection forever. I can't believe I found it for the PS2 and for that price.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[/quote]

It came in the mail today and it plays like a dream.

I know the XBLA version is on the way but I'm the guy who like a physical copy(anal).

If you are wondering the game didn't come w/manual nor original box(but it's fucking MVSC2 and it works well on a PS2)

Worth 100%(but no box art could be a dealbreaker for some)

I love how people talk about how ridiculous it is to spend 60 bucks on this.
When they'll spend 60 on games like halo 3, or lair, or too human.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']old news... by nearly 6 months.[/quote]

The art work is brand new. :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']definitely :)[/QUOTE]

Dreamcast code? YES! Check out the video on the blog page.

I don't care if I have to pay 4000 MS points for it! It's going to be worth it!

[quote name='robbyH']Dreamcast code? YES! Check out the video on the blog page.

I don't care if I have to pay 4000 MS points for it! It's going to be worth it![/quote]

They already announced it is only going to be 1500 MS points. I say "only" for the fact that it goes for over $70 used.

[quote name='bigmac8855601']They already announced it is only going to be 1500 MS points. I say "only" for the fact that it goes for over $70 used.[/quote]

1200 MS points....I think you meant 15 dollars.

[quote name='Tophat666']It came in the mail today and it plays like a dream.

I know the XBLA version is on the way but I'm the guy who like a physical copy(anal).

[/QUOTE]

Hear you there -- I wouldn't sell my DC version for gold (well -- may be for a lot of gold) ;-)

I like having the hard copy, and it helps that my DC version is complete and spotless, perfect mint.

[quote name='Knoxximus']1200 MS points....I think you meant 15 dollars.[/QUOTE]

1200 or 1600, it's still worth it. Every penny.

Laffin my ass off at how Gameslop is selling this for $80 used, that price is going to drop like a fly soon

There's really no reason to own a physical copy of this game anymore.

1. fake HD (filter)
2. widescreen
3. online
4. no disc required
5. only $15

It's not fake HD, they've got different filter options with AA (2-3X) with tweak. The 3AA doesn't look too bad. Demo up on PSN thursday!

[quote name='PhrostByte']Still fake HD. :p[/QUOTE]

Not entirely, the backgrounds they had were higher res (original assets were) so it is higher def as far as the backgrounds are concerned :D

Already have the original dreamcast and ps2 versions but it looks like i'm gonna have another. Better graphics (fake hd if u wanna call it that), widescreen, online, and custom soundtrack makes it a MUST BUY. Might just get rid of the Dreamcast version since I hate the dreamcast controller.

I'm super stoked on this. Ever since my friend ruined his copy for PS2 I haven't had a chance to play this game.

And LOL at the trailer they put up on tu4ar.com. Showing off Wolverine makes sense to capitalize on his movie. But still it needed more air hyper viper beam, and Sentinal flying kick spamming.

Kotaku has posted a side-by-side comparison of the old MvC2 graphics verses the new graphics. The new ones are WAY less pixelated than the old graphics, but they are a little blurry. Seems like a good way to do things if they aren't going the HD Remix route.

I don't quite understand why people are willing to pay so much for this game. I played the Xbox version and it was okay, but I feel that SC4 was better (yes obviously it's newer), plus it's a lot cheaper than buying a copy of MvC2.

[quote name='prateeko']Not entirely, the backgrounds they had were higher res (original assets were) so it is higher def as far as the backgrounds are concerned :D[/quote]

The definition is the same. It's just stretched, cropped to fit widescreen monitors, and filtered.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Kotaku has posted a side-by-side comparison of the old MvC2 graphics verses the new graphics. The new ones are WAY less pixelated than the old graphics, but they are a little blurry. Seems like a good way to do things if they aren't going the HD Remix route.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what "smoothing" is. You'll see it in a lot of the Sega XBLA titles and the Genesis collection. Fortunately it's optional in the Genesis collection because in my opinion (and many others), it looks like crap when you see it on your TV.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I don't quite understand why people are willing to pay so much for this game. I played the Xbox version and it was okay, but I feel that SC4 was better (yes obviously it's newer), plus it's a lot cheaper than buying a copy of MvC2.[/quote]

It's either because you played the Xbox version, which wasn't the best version, or you're a meth addict.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I don't quite understand why people are willing to pay so much for this game. I played the Xbox version and it was okay, but I feel that SC4 was better (yes obviously it's newer), plus it's a lot cheaper than buying a copy of MvC2.[/quote]

two diff games.

[quote name='Remisce']It's either because you played the Xbox version, which wasn't the best version, or you're a meth addict.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='djduke316']Day one PSN download for me, plus the exclusive demo! Sony's finally starting to catch on.[/quote]

not an exclusive demo from what I've read..... I believe Xbox live arcade demos are day and date with the actual release (not talking about retail games, just live arcade games). PSN doesn't have that policy. Also :applause: to all those geniuses on the board that said this wasn't coming......

[quote name='urge26']not an exclusive demo from what I've read..... I believe Xbox live arcade demos are day and date with the actual release (not talking about retail games, just live arcade games). PSN doesn't have that policy. Also :applause: to all those geniuses on the board that said this wasn't coming......[/quote]

it's an exclusive demo. Obviously when it comes out 360 will get the standard trial...but until then it's exclusive to PSN.

[quote name='urge26']not an exclusive demo from what I've read..... I believe Xbox live arcade demos are day and date with the actual release (not talking about retail games, just live arcade games). PSN doesn't have that policy. Also :applause: to all those geniuses on the board that said this wasn't coming......[/QUOTE]

No one said it "wasn't coming" we said it was not "officially confirmed". Reading FTW!

Upscaled sprites FTL! Higher res background art assets FTW! laggy net code FTL! $15 not bad.

So much for "$10 CONFIRMEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!"

[quote name='expane']No one said it "wasn't coming" we said it was not "officially confirmed". Reading FTW!

Upscaled sprites FTL! Higher res background art assets FTW! laggy net code FTL! $15 not bad.

So much for "$10 CONFIRMEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite part (from Kotaku):

"It also features widescreen support with the gameplay in a 4:3 field, but the viewing area expanded."

YESSSSS!

[quote name='expane']No one said it "wasn't coming" we said it was not "officially confirmed". Reading FTW![/quote]

someone's got a case of the Tuesdays...... ;)

bread's done
Back