Marvel vs Capcom 2 PSN Thread

how much is it going to sell for? and will it have online play? if they can release that why not powerstone 1 and 2 or the other marvel vs games?

[quote name='lokizz']how much is it going to sell for? and will it have online play? if they can release that why not powerstone 1 and 2 or the other marvel vs games?[/quote]

I don't care how much it will cost even if it is way up there I would buy it for the online play. Powerstone 2 would be awesome with online play.

This seems fishy to me, none of the achievement icons seem like a professional game.

I'm still skeptical on it.

Also is it just me or is Marvel vs Capcom 1 far better? The music was much better (actual theme songs rather then sort of generic techno)... it felt much more balanced, I really didn't like the 3 man team it seemed like time was always a factor for me, the stages also seemed more generic.

I mean other then the character list, there really wasn't much I really enjoyed out of 2.

[quote name='Boeing 747']T
I mean other then the character list, there really wasn't much I really enjoyed out of 2.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemer!

Until I actually get some sort of confirmation from Capcom or Sony/MS, this is just a nice fanboy rumor.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Also is it just me or is Marvel vs Capcom 1 far better? The music was much better (actual theme songs rather then sort of generic techno)... it felt much more balanced, I really didn't like the 3 man team it seemed like time was always a factor for me, the stages also seemed more generic.

I mean other then the character list, there really wasn't much I really enjoyed out of 2.[/quote]

Except for the balancing issues and music I thought 2 was better. I liked the 3 character teams, as it allowed for more variety. If this release does come to fruition then I really hope they do something about the balancing of characters rather than a straight port. With all the available characters it gets pretty stale when everyone else only wants to play with Sentinel, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Iron Man and Cable.

I will buy this game just for the online aspect. I still play my dreamcast version every now and then.

this is one fighting game that you don't need a stick for. and I will admit that 100 percent. as far as the sentinel,cable, iron man, magneto, dr. doom teams, though they are favorites, My favorite team is still
jill, strider, and juggernaut. substituting strider for guile here and there. also why is there no love for iceman? he doesn't take chip damage at all. lol

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 group created on psnpals.com. It will be a while, but anyone that wants to join up, please do so now. We will probably have tournaments and prizes, etc. Depends on how the group members feel.

psnpals.com]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/quote]The same dude that thinks Harmonix killed his family.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/QUOTE]

Everyone who doesn't like arcade sticks? Or those who can't afford arcade sticks/ can't find them? The d-pad argument is still 100% valid, as not everyone likes sticks, nor not everyone has the exposable income to buy the sticks.

The same dude that thinks Harmonix killed his family.

Really? Personal attacks because i'm not the one who bashes a game without playing it? Really? STFU, child.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/QUOTE]

Those of us who aren't millionaires.

The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?

Hell, I don't even have SFIV! Plus everyone knows the trackball provides superior fighting control.

I'm certainly interested in the game... I was turned off at first by the game's "flavor"(sounds petty I know, but there's something off-putting about seeing a badly dubbed hulk cheesing in his victory pose while jazz techno pulses in the background), but this seems to be the best of the best in the 2D hyper fighting genre, and it'll definitely beat paying over $50 to try it out so I'm down. If it is coming out that is.

Please don't ever call this game the "best of the best". Ever. The only reason it's popular is because it's cheesy fun, but it involves no real strategy that something like CvsS2 or even the first MvsC offered.

@boston: this is honestly one of the best fighting games there was ever made. there are lots of strategies for this game as well. this game forces you to adapt and learn quickly unlike the other games because of how people are ranked. for example if you don't know juggle combos or who works well with each other then you will quickly lose.

some people are put off by it because of how crazy it is, but if you played all street fighters and all the marvel games before this, then the progression is natural and amped up to the next level.

the real reason people are put off by this game is because some people lack creativity. and honestly I don't even see this game being the so called broken or overpowered as people say. only thing that annoys me is the damage servebot does with his special.

also the moves are so much easier to input on this game. all you have to do is do the circle motion and hit two punches.

final thought, this game is amazing at the end of the day with stick or a dpad.

so once this comes out, this will be my game for the next two months.

question: will we have to unlock everyone, colors, and boards like before or will everything be unlocked from the start? (i know it is speculation but I want to know what you guys think)

*side note* this game will help you in some of your street fighter 4 combos plus help you learn different mind games.

I agree it's good, but it's certainly not the best of the best (we all know that goes to Third Strike)

I built my own stick for less than $40.

Again, not all of us have that kind of money to throw around, nor the technical prowess to build a stick.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Everyone who doesn't like arcade sticks? Or those who can't afford arcade sticks/ can't find them? The d-pad argument is still 100% valid, as not everyone likes sticks, nor not everyone has the exposable income to buy the sticks.

Really? Personal attacks because i'm not the one who bashes a game without playing it? Really? STFU, child.[/quote]

i dont use arcade sticks hell im surprised people actually need them. the dpad has always been good enough for fighting games imo if not better than a stick because it helps make some of the more complex direction movements easier to do accurately. and im with most people that mvc 2 was better than 1. the only thing i hated was how it got dumbed down to 4 buttons for the DC. I liked all the characters and the combos. marrow and cable and wolverine were the shit. still wish they would add deadpool to the games.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/quote]

Those of us who dont like spending upwards of $100 for a single game

[quote name='whoknows']Those of us who aren't millionaires.[/quote]

Beat me to it!

In all honesty, this is the only fighting game I have ever liked. I think because some of the moves are easier to pull off than other games

I would have preferred MvC 1 over this. CvS2 would be ideal and I'd probably pay full price if they added decent online.

Depending on how cheap this is I might give it a try. I could never get into it in the arcade.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I agree it's good, but it's certainly not the best of the best (we all know that goes to Third Strike)

Again, not all of us have that kind of money to throw around, nor the technical prowess to build a stick.[/quote]

to be honest at the end of the day sf4 is my favorite street fighter all around, though third strike(mental games) and sfa3(roster size) had some things I loved about both

[quote name='lokizz']i dont use arcade sticks hell im surprised people actually need them. the dpad has always been good enough for fighting games imo if not better than a stick because it helps make some of the more complex direction movements easier to do accurately. and im with most people that mvc 2 was better than 1. the only thing i hated was how it got dumbed down to 4 buttons for the DC. I liked all the characters and the combos. marrow and cable and wolverine were the shit. still wish they would add deadpool to the games.[/quote]

I agree with you about the dpad but coming to play sf4 and trying to do the player trials with some of those combos it just can't be done(well at least by me) I think mvc2 was better, simply because of the roster alone. it was dumbed down to 4 buttons for everybody. even in the arcade.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I use the analog sticks :X. Works more than well for the characters I play.[/quote]

you know I actually completeed a few combos in sf4 by using the analog, it still feels very weird to me though in fighting games.

I like the 4 buttons better than 6. I am happy this game is coming to the PS3. Worm, MvC2, heck all I need is Shenmue and this can be Dreamcast 2.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']to be honest at the end of the day sf4 is my favorite street fighter all around, though third strike(mental games) and sfa3(roster size) had some things I loved about both

I agree with you about the dpad but coming to play sf4 and trying to do the player trials with some of those combos it just can't be done(well at least by me) I think mvc2 was better, simply because of the roster alone. it was dumbed down to 4 buttons for everybody. even in the arcade.

you know I actually completeed a few combos in sf4 by using the analog, it still feels very weird to me though in fighting games.[/quote]

i wouldnt mind trying sf4 but itll be a while since i dont want to pay more than 20 for it. fighting games is another genre i was hoping would be better than it is now.

I hope this is for real. I wonder if it will be a straight port or if it will be a "HD" enhanced like SF II? Either way I'm hopeful!

Yeah, that would probably take them years with a cast like MvC2's, considering how long it took just for SSF2T. Get ready for some vintage 1994 Morrigan action.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']100% sure it won't be HD enhanced, as the rumored release date is July 16.[/QUOTE]

WOW! That's not that far away. I mean I still play MvC 2 on PS2 on my HD tv and it looks okay, but an HD "remix" would have been preferred.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/quote]

I have a friend who plays better on the 360 controller than on a stick, thus he has no reason to get one.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']...honestly I don't even see this game being the so called broken or overpowered as people say. only thing that annoys me is the damage servebot does with his special.[/quote]

I take it you have never been on the receiving end of Magneto/Iron Man's infinite combo. Having to play 'who can get the infinite combo first' doesn't make the game enjoyable in my opinion. The whole Cable/Sentinel super juggling it a bit irritating as well, although not as broken.

[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/QUOTE]I don't, and I honestly don't care to buy one. I have a PS3 and the PS3 D-pad works excellent for fighters (I've felt the PS controller is the 2nd best for fighters, after the Saturn pad).

I'm definitely getting the PS3 version. :D I sold my Dreamcast copy a while ago and kind of miss the game.:cry:
[quote name='smiggity']Those of us who dont like spending upwards of $100 for a single game
[/QUOTE]
QFT.

If this game does come out, I expect the online experience to suck ass. ST and SF4 remain horrible online games. I know it's hard to retain the fast paced action of fighting games online, but all they really have to do is copy GGPO. I mean, they bought the rights to do so.

Is this official at all? It kinda seems like it'd be a big deal since it'd be the first PS2 game brought over to the PS3.. or am I wrong?

It's not official, but that 360 site gets their achievements from partnernet. Technically, that means the 360 version is coming (although there's lots of games on partnernet that have been on that for years but still haven't come out *cough*RBI Baseball*cough*) so unless Microsoft pulls some exclusivity agreement out, then it's about 85% confirmed.

bread's done
Back