Marvel vs Capcom 2 PSN Thread

W00! Good job backbone, I've had zero problems and finding games is lighting fast. Definitely a step up from HDR, this is just my opinion and experience though. Lag is non-existent as well, loving it.

Aw man, that means you'd kill me if you used a stick. This game just isn't made for a regular controller. I'll play ya later today Dallow if you promise to use a dualshock to be even.

Hey, here's an example of how big Playstation.com's Trophy tiles are now:
8A518C200EA19A37A661E14C51A7104634C3BD89.PNG

[quote name='KingBroly']Aw man, that means you'd kill me if you used a stick. This game just isn't made for a regular controller. I'll play ya later today Dallow if you promise to use a dualshock to be even.
[/QUOTE]

You should get some tips from FGT pad warriors suko and beef. They play like demons and use the DS3. They bust some stick user balls in there, lol.

[quote name='Viperx116']Is there no cancel button in this game? After a quick match, it just keeps going to the next round. I can't exit out of it.[/QUOTE]

There is, but you gotta beat the other person to the lobby and exit out of it apparently.

Played with buddy for about 12 matches and the only problem we had was that after 3 matches or so the game would kinda "freeze" on the accept screen. The screen would say press X to accept but nothing would happen.

Anyone for a game just send an invite to bobo2k4 on psn.

I played about 20 matches last night against the computer. So awesome. I love this game.

I'm afraid of going online and being faced with "dream teams" while I just use whoever pops up in my mind as being fun> I rarely use the same team twice and have fun finding different combinations for teams. Nothing ruins a game like being spammed over and over again by the same four characters.

would anyone like to do a psn trade ? I have super street fight II HD, call of duty 4 map pack, everyday shooter, and a bunch of rock band songs please PM

[quote name='technolover']I got Fat Princess if anyone has a MvC2 that wants to trade :) heh[/QUOTE]

DUDE. I'll make that trade. Walk me through the steps of PSN sharing and you got yourself a deal partner. PM me.

[quote name='KingBroly']Aw man, that means you'd kill me if you used a stick. This game just isn't made for a regular controller. I'll play ya later today Dallow if you promise to use a dualshock to be even.

Hey, here's an example of how big Playstation.com's Trophy tiles are now:
8A518C200EA19A37A661E14C51A7104634C3BD89.PNG
[/QUOTE]

I can do fine with a regular controller considering that's what I played MVC2 on Dreamcast with. A PS2 pad. ;)

[quote name='manthing']Does backbone know about the freezing?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Capcom's blog made a post about the issues.

They said they playtested the matchmaking and headsets extensively and never had a problem, so they don't understand the issues now.
They're looking into it and there'll likely be a patch in 1-2 months.

............ yeah.

The PS2 and PS3 controller layout is completely different. But, to be honest, I prefer the PS3 layout because I felt the PS2 layout was way too noob friendly. Nothing against noobs.. but I really don't like the idea of them pulling off supers with just the push of a button.

Anyway, does anyone had a suggestion for a third character for my team? I'm going Strider/DD for sure (because you can't have my boy Strider without DD) and I'm trying to figure out the third. Don't want to go Sent because I fucking suck with him, but I kind of what a better point that Strider for the top tier teams. People have suggested BH, Cable, Storm, Mag, and Sent but to be honest, I suck with them. Not trying to be the best here or anything.. but I want a team that can at least compete with the insane people online. I don't mind Strider being my point though, so I can't have another meter hog on my team (ie. Cable).

I made my controller like the SFIV fight pads laid it out with R1/R2 being my assists. It just seems natural.

So I tried to boost some Scoreboard matches with a friend, and the first time...bam, freezes my system. So...I'm guessing they need to fix that. After that failed, I played with him for 5 matches, winning 4 of the 5. I've got to admit that it was pretty fun. Sure, they were all by time, but still, mindless fun. When you get a combo over 10 it's really satisfying, especially if you're just mashing buttons. I'm a bit concerned as to why my Triple Combos/Replacements don't work all of the time when I want them to, but still, really fun.

I have this on PSN, user name is on the left. I also have SS2THDR, SF IV, SC IV, Blazblue, and MK vs. DC. I would like to play some of the PS3 CAG's so I don't feel bad in having all the fighting games on PS3 instead of 360.

If you guys are looking for a CAG night spot, I can give Thu @ 7PST/10EST. I usually hold HDR nights at this time, however turn out is low and that game is still glitchy, so it'll be on hiatus.

Just got a few matches in. I always crash after every match and so does my friend via the online matches. We need a patch soon.

How good are the players online, I'm not much of a fighting game person so when I played SSF2HDTR (I think that's right) I always got crushed in a way that wasn't even fun. I'll still probably get this to play offline, but is there at least some online variety for us who aren't great and don't have sticks.

[quote name='happy']How good are the players online, I'm not much of a fighting game person so when I played SSF2HDTR (I think that's right) I always got crushed in a way that wasn't even fun. I'll still probably get this to play offline, but is there at least some online variety for us who aren't great and don't have sticks.[/QUOTE]

There's more new players on MvC2 so you'll have a better chance at winning some matches, but 70% of the time you're going to get crushed if you can't pull off combos fast.

If anyone still wants this game, I'd be happy to trade.

My MvC2 crashes constantly in Arcade.

Finally added a third to my team.

Blackheart: Ground
Strider: Variety
Doom: Anti-Air

Was gonna go AA BH, but Strider has an instant air and Dr. Doom's AA pwns.

I get owned pretty bad online though.. might be the fact that I'm on wireless with dorm internet..

[quote name='option.iv']I can give Thu @ 7PST/10EST. I usually hold HDR nights at this time, however turn out is low and that game is still glitchy, so it'll be on hiatus.[/QUOTE]

nomorehdr.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!, why option?!, why?! haha, just messin. I'm not devoting much time into it anyways and I agree with you putting the hdr game night on hiatus. Too many fighting/other genre games on my plate already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manthing']No friendly matches, searching for a match froze my PS3 AGAIN!

fuck you Capcom, fuck you Backbone![/QUOTE]

yup, still a problem for me too...wtf...

Has anyone started a CAG night for this game?

If not, I wouldn't mind creating a new thread and host the night's initially on Thursdays at 7PM PST // 10PM EST.

I'll try to do this slightly different than previous nights.

Thursday nights can be "CAG Fight Night" as suggested by a fellow CAG.

[quote name='lokizz']how much is it going to sell for? and will it have online play? if they can release that why not powerstone 1 and 2 or the other marvel vs games?[/QUOTE]

14.99 no tax. Comes with a free 1 month sub to Marvel Digital Comics. Also you get a case for your collection.

Finally got around to picking this up at a GS, and BAAaaah am I horrible! What the hell happened? I used to be pretty decent, and was always able to hold my own, both against friends and at the local arcade... and now I got nuthin. I think the problem is I'm too used to Guilty Gear and BlazBlue's "dash" which is actually a run. I like to rushdown, and I can't seem to do it as effectivly as I once did. My Hayato is horrible, cuz I'm tryin to play him like Ky/Jin. Ugh. Hopefully I'll get some of my online troubles (sloooow ass connection) in line though and get on some cag fightnight to get my ass handed to me :D

lol

the sad thing about this game is that I've always played it on a dreamcast, and with the wonky d-pad I always thought I was bad... on the PS3 d-pad I'm playing alot better now... wtf?

[quote name='Okari']There's more new players on MvC2 so you'll have a better chance at winning some matches, but 70% of the time you're going to get crushed if you can't pull off combos fast.

If anyone still wants this game, I'd be happy to trade.[/QUOTE]

he speaks the truth granted i havent played this since i had it on the dc but damn people are cheaper than fuck in this game.i havent done too bad against people considering i dont remember all the moves or how to do a 3 person super but wow some of the stuff people pull is pretty cheap. im still not good at air combos but ground ones come off easy enough and if you see someone using the sentinel be ready to get cheap shotted to hell.

[quote name='MasterSun1']
6735_661848318616_11501460_38621058_7264822_n.jpg

Props to Saix_XIII for putting this together for me![/QUOTE]

damn, that looks badass! Not official, right?

I used to play this game ALOT on DC (died :bomb:) and arcade. Online is just really bad because of the newbies. Hardly any lag for such a rapid game. I mean Im not the best but I can pull some shit off once in awhile. heres my fav. team.
mag/storm/sentinel

but i also use cammy, strider, cable, guile, etc...
that mag/storm/sentinel team is used for someone that uses mag/storm/sentinel like teams or someone who is highly skilled.

if you want some decent matches add me and we can play cause I am having a hard time finding evenly matched opponents.

advice for newbs: dont do combos with just your thumb. one finger is too slow for this game. Use Index and middle fingers. Takes a little while but your game will improve way better. also, much easier to press two punches or two kicks with two fingers rather than one thumb.

As much as I want to love this game, I just can't. The balance is so brutally off. Seeing as I'm more of a Capcom fan than a Marvel fan, I just get tore up if I don't play as characters I don't like. I'm good with Felicia, Cammy and Zangief, but good will only get you so far when you fight any team that has Magneto, Sentinel, Storm or Cable in it.

Also, all the glitches I've encountered are really a knock against this game. What with Felicia being my primary, I use 'Please Help Me!' a lot, and I guess having that many characters on screen at once makes the game freeze a lot more easily than with any other character. Plus, it seems that every time I have someone disconnect while on the character select screen, it just stays on the "Player has disconnected' screen forever. I've let it sit there for at least 5 minutes and it never went away.

I'm still playing the game nigh constantly. I want to get good enough that it won't matter that everybody uses completely broken characters - I just don't think it's ever going to happen. I guess I'll just keep playing it 'til I at least get the 100 Wins trophy.

... I wish they would re-release the original Marvel vs Capcom and give it this Marvel vs Capcom 2 treatment with online multiplayer and HD Smoothing. It may not be as popular, but at least when I win or lose, I know it was because of skill, not because of character balance.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol

the sad thing about this game is that I've always played it on a dreamcast, and with the wonky d-pad I always thought I was bad... on the PS3 d-pad I'm playing alot better now... wtf?[/QUOTE]

I bought a ps2 to dreamcast adapter so I could use my ps2 pad on my dreamcast. I never cared for that dreamcast controller far as fighters go. Why does that shock you? Seriously of course you would be better. :lol:

[quote name='jman619']I bought a ps2 to dreamcast adapter so I could use my ps2 pad on my dreamcast. I never cared for that dreamcast controller far as fighters go. Why does that shock you? Seriously of course you would be better. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll just say I'm slow :lol:

played some training tonight and I may actually pick up Hayato as one of my mains... after that my mains will prob be something like:

Cap.Com.
Jin
Hayato

or

Cap.Com.
Jin
Venom

or

Cap.Com.
Venom
Hayato

don't know...

[quote name='lokizz']try throwing cable in the mix hes got some good moves to catch cheap shotting bastards.[/QUOTE]

:lol: ur talkin to the wrong guy about that. I'm very anti "Cable/Storm/Sentinel/etc"

I dont care if I lose or win. I'm in it for the fight.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: ur talkin to the wrong guy about that. I'm very anti "Cable/Storm/Sentinel/etc"

I dont care if I lose or win. I'm in it for the fight.[/QUOTE]

spoken like a true 2d fighter lol. i use him to punish the cheat shotters but my main favorites are ice man, morigan, wolverine, psylocke, capt america and marrow. any combo of them is fun to use.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']damn, that looks badass! Not official, right?[/QUOTE]

Nah, fellow CAGer helped put it together for me. Take the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 art as a template and just changed the images and text and what not.

Looks pretty spiffy.

bread's done
Back