marvel vs capcom 2

If you have a DC, I'd recommend getting it for that. It's cheaper (Much) and the PS2 version has slowdown issues...among other things.

It was a good day when I sold that on ebay for 100+

hmm im trying to talk with one CAG to let it go for 50 bucks plus a few games but we'll see how it goes, i saw one copy in nyc for a ridiculous price.

I have a mint condition MVC2 PS2 with mint disc and awesome condition manual, original case, original art, etc. But i think i will post it on Ebay because people tend to want it for 10 cents on this forum. If something will always get a set amount on ebay, why even bother offering lower then what they'd get minus paypal/ebay fees? It has never made sense to me.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']fye gets new copies in occassionally (their B&M stores). I think they're $30 but they go fast.[/quote]

New?!

I second the advice to get it for the dreamcast. The Dreamcast version is the superior version and it's cheaper. So if you don't already have a DC, picking one up as well as a copy of MVC2 for it will probably cost less then getting a PS2 version of it.

It's also VGA compatible if I recall correctly.

I bought a Dreamcast just for that game, since my old PS2 one got stolen, and it was cheaper to replace that way--buying the system, controllers, and the game.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I have a mint condition MVC2 PS2 with mint disc and awesome condition manual, original case, original art, etc. But i think i will post it on Ebay because people tend to want it for 10 cents on this forum. If something will always get a set amount on ebay, why even bother offering lower then what they'd get minus paypal/ebay fees? It has never made sense to me.[/quote]

because ur nice n u wanna help out a fellow CAG lol just kidding i would probably do the same thing in ur shoe gotta fund ur game finances some how right?

[quote name='Guerrilla']New?!
[/QUOTE]

yeah, I don't how either, probably warehouse finds or something. I haven't seen a copy since March 2007, and believe me, I kick my ass everyday for not picking it up.

The store I saw it at had it twice since then (according to employees who knew I was looking for it) but I haven't gotten lucky and grabbed one yet.

I'm a First time poster i myself have had quite some trouble getting a hold of MVC2 i trade some games i didn't want got it on a gamestop giftcard with my edge card used the cag16 code 16% plus my edge card 10% stack on and was able to get 26% off the 80$ price and was able to get it for 45$.....but the best way to get MVC2 without any hasle and FREE!!! is to put some time in and download a Dreamcast emulater (chankast) to your pc ...Download the MVC2 CDI and program the controls to work with a usb adpater for either a ps2 controller or dreamcast controller or whatever controller you have in the house ....send vieo signal to television from pc vga or s-video and wala!!! Free MVC2 can also be done with every other system emulater and Game included MAME (multi arcade media emulater)

Last edited by a moderator:
the best way to enjoy marvel vs capcom 2(CDI) for free until you find a copy at an affordible price is to just download a dreamcast emulater (Chankast) for your pc and send the signal to your tv via vga or s-video & use a usb adpater for a controller or a usb controller program the controls and there your game...ake yor pc into the ultimate gaming console

[quote name='cheko']the best way to enjoy marvel vs capcom 2(CDI) for free until you find a copy at an affordible price is to just download a dreamcast emulater (Chankast) for your pc and send the signal to your tv via vga or s-video & use a usb adpater for a controller or a usb controller program the controls and there your game...ake yor pc into the ultimate gaming console[/QUOTE]
How about I just plug a Dreamcast to my TV and then I put the game inside it and play and not have to pirate the game

Apparantly someone didn't get the hint when his first post was deleted. No discussion of roms/emulators or any other type of game piracy is to be discussed here.

no pirating im just giving a temp. solution but ....the only other way i think you can get it at a reasonable price ...(I did this) trade some games in that you don't want @ gamestop get it place on a gift card so you can use it via internet then go to gamestop.com use CAG16 code to get 16% off & if you or a friend has a edge card stack that the 10% off you get with that and then youll get 26% off the used ps2 MVC2 games plus use the store credit you got and depending on how much you have in credit plus the 26% off you can get it as low as 45$ like me or even cheaper plus as long as the order is 25$ or more use the code SAVER to get free shipping as well

[quote name='cheko']no pirating im just giving a temp. solution but ....the only other way i think you can get it at a reasonable price ...(I did this) trade some games in that you don't want @ gamestop get it place on a gift card so you can use it via internet then go to gamestop.com use CAG16 code to get 16% off & if you or a friend has a edge card stack that the 10% off you get with that and then youll get 26% off the used ps2 MVC2 games plus use the store credit you got and depending on how much you have in credit plus the 26% off you can get it as low as 45$ like me or even cheaper plus as long as the order is 25$ or more use the code SAVER to get free shipping as well[/quote]
That post has absolutely no good info in it and seemed just to be a cover post for his last one. I will see Rosy O' Donell running in the Olympics before I see a copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on Gamestop.com

hmm i was gonna get a dreamcast and mvc2 on amazon for like 100$ but i just check gs.com and they do have it for 60, will this work with xbox360 since i don't own a xbox anymore and will any coupon work to reduce the price down? also does the xbox version have slowdown issue like the ps2 version?

nevermind just saw somewhere that said the xbox version has severe slowdown issues so i rather spend the extra 40 bucks to get myself a dreamcast while im at.

[quote name='flare1185']hmm i was gonna get a dreamcast and mvc2 on amazon for like 100$ but i just check gs.com and they do have it for 60, will this work with xbox360 since i don't own a xbox anymore and will any coupon work to reduce the price down? also does the xbox version have slowdown issue like the ps2 version?

nevermind just saw somewhere that said the xbox version has severe slowdown issues so i rather spend the extra 40 bucks to get myself a dreamcast while im at.[/quote]

um...well listen ...you can chose to use my idea or not if you think its a cover for my last quote then so be it but i have MVC2 and i obtained it through GS.com and i went through a few months of searching like crazy myself ...i'm telling you its worth having a little patience to get the ps2 version it restocks once in a while ... you have to check on a daily basis.... and its not impossible i personally know that theres a copy of MVC2 @ the gamestop in my mall (NY,Staten Island Mall) and its been sitting there forever cause no one wants to pay 80$ plus the fact that hardly anyone looks in the retail store for something so rare .....good luck. if your going to get the dreamcast and a dreamcast version then great i heard that the dreamcast version is superior to the ps2 version but remeber getting a good dreamcast system along with the game is not just your idea it has been quite a few peoples.... but good luck to ya ...i apologize for the first post just was trying to make it easier on you with no cost

Dreamcast version is the best. PS2 and Xbox version is overrated. If it wasn't for the lost of the license, both version would be like 30 bucks tops.

If you're looking for a DreamCast, I can help you out. I have one in my TL that is bundled with a few controllers and stuff, but am willing to split it up.

I would also recommend the DC version. Do yourself a favor tho, look to find a Hori DC Fighting Pad, it's shapped like the old 6 button Saturn Pads... awsome for Fighting games on the DC ;)

So i decided to get a dreamcast, its already in the mail and all i gotta do now is find mvc2. Anyone got a copy they're willing to sale? I tried looking at amazon but the prices were kinda steep.

Also looking for some good DC games to start my collection any opinion? Thanks.

[quote name='flare1185']looking for marvel vs capcom 2 preferably for ps2 anyone got a copy they're willing to let go of?[/quote]

I'm almost betting on a rerelease soon, Marvel mentioned at Comic-Con that they would like a Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and I wouldnt be suprised if they decide to rerelease 2.

Very true Marvel Vs capcom 3 is rumored to be release perhaps in the future ... there is even talk about it being a Xbox 360 live exclusive but because of the rights problems with capcom and marvel the answer is still undetermined that is why capcom has decided to venture in new horizons ....they are working on releasing a game called Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes which is a japanese manga super hero universe challeging our capcom heroes!!! this games look so offdachain!!! if anyone is a anime fan you will reconize heroes such as gotcha man, Casshern, and even speed racer!!! but you dont have to take my word on how offdachain it looks here is a sample i got from youtube

Enjoy!!
here are still screen shots
http://media.cheats.ign.com/media/142/14255578/imgs_1.html

here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmvnCzzS-c

[quote name='cheko']Dreamcast version are selling for like 30$ on ebay....but i believe i have a friend that might part with it for like 50$ pm me if interested ill ask him

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capco...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capco...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Vs-Capco...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Vs-Capco...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]
You do know that the $30 one is the first Marvel vs Capcom?

[quote name='MikeHoncho']That post has absolutely no good info in it and seemed just to be a cover post for his last one. I will see Rosy O' Donell running in the Olympics before I see a copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on Gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

I saw a copy yesterday. It's too uncommon to see a copy of MVC PS2 @ gamestop. It's just no one is going pay 69.99 for it.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']You do know that the $30 one is the first Marvel vs Capcom?[/quote]

yea i new the first post was marvel vs capcom one but i figure maybe you'd want that too i own both

[quote name='flare1185']Apparently theres a way to dl dc games that i didnt know about that people r telling me.[/quote]

yes there is :applause:but we cannot discuss that:cold:..... remember I got in trouble for mentioning it:whistle2:#...... :roll:duh?

[quote name='UjnHunter']I would also recommend the DC version. Do yourself a favor tho, look to find a Hori DC Fighting Pad, it's shapped like the old 6 button Saturn Pads... awsome for Fighting games on the DC ;)[/quote]

That said, this controller is difficult to find, and incredibly overpriced on ebay. I would say you're better off finding a saturn to dreamcast adapter (priced cheaper on ebay), and buying a brand new saturn controller for about $15.00 on ebay.

[quote name='dragonjud']That said, this controller is difficult to find, and incredibly overpriced on ebay. I would say you're better off finding a saturn to dreamcast adapter (priced cheaper on ebay), and buying a brand new saturn controller for about $15.00 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

oh really? sorry I didn't realize... I got mine when Capcom vs Snk came out and bought both the Capcom & Snk versions of the controllers... they are the best controller besides an arcade stick for fighting games...

[quote name='UjnHunter']oh really? sorry I didn't realize... I got mine when Capcom vs Snk came out and bought both the Capcom & Snk versions of the controllers... they are the best controller besides an arcade stick for fighting games...[/quote]

I sold the blue version and black version for about $50 a piece I think a month ago.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']A couple questions.
Does Marvel vs Capcom 2 Xbox version work well on the 360?
Is Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes coming to a PS3? If so wouldn't you be able to import it since the PS3 is region free?
Thanks.[/quote]

MvC2 has graphic glitches on 360. It is BC, but it doesn't look great. When I tried playing it, the backgrounds and music loaded fine, but my health bars glitched and sometimes the character sprites would too. Granted, my copy has some markings on the disc that could affect that, but I just loaded it onto my Xbox and it works fine on that.

I regret trading this title in back when SF Anniversary Edition came out on the Xbox. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be nice, especially if it has online multiplayer.

bread's done
Back