Marvel vs. Capcom 3 discussion thread

[quote name='DV8']Are you only playing people your rank? I've also noticed that a lot of noobs (pardon the term), don't use x-factor. It's definitely a game changer if you only have 1 character left.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Though I feel like I rarely get matched up with people with losing records. Usually well above .500, but I was lucky to get some games vs some .500 guys and I usually held my own. Of course I would lose those games in the end somehow, even if I looked like I was dominating points.

I definitely employ xfactor. Usually I keep it for my last guy, but my if I'm feeling like things are going sour quickly I'll activate it with 2 guys left (usually Akuma) because I can combo better with him.

[quote name='joe2187']Mission Mode is your friend, learn the basics, Air combos, Team air combos, USE ADVANCING GUARD!!! this will get your ass out of tough situations when they are hitting you constantly while you guard

USE YOUR ASSISTS! I cannot stress that enough, some people just aren't used to the assist system, time your assists wisely so they are safe on arrival and use them to advance your current character.

Learn your OTG combos, hit em while they're down and keep punishing them, Dante, Wesker and X-23 have good OTG setups that are easy to combo into.[/QUOTE]

I use my assists plenty. HIDDEN MISSILE. OTG, air and team air, forget about it. I can pull team air sometimes and air every now and then, but none of the crazy moves I seem to get myself trapped in.

I think I am about done with this game. My mind just cannot comprehend all the things that are happening on screen at once and how to deal with them. Think I will stick to the slower paced 3D games like Tekken and VF.

With X-Factor Haggar, I took out all 3 characters the other day playing against a different buddy.

I love Haggar, so many OTG combos. He's the only one I relatively know how to use, though, I haven't found my groove with a full team yet. For those who also play him, when's the best time to activate the Haggar Press hyper? I'm still not sure how exactly that works.

I'm starting to hate X-Factor, though. Seems like the game would be better without it.

[quote name='genfuyung']Way to be part of the problem.[/QUOTE]

I paid less than thirty dollars for this game at the generosity of both Capcom and Amazon... so oh well. If they bundle them at a discount then I will probably wait for that. If not I will pick up the, what I imagine will be few, characters that interest me while I wait for a sale on the others.

Not buying it just tells Capcom to not bother, doesn't really send the message you want them to hear. Seth Killian said the same thing when I talked to him about DLC in Chicago. Sure, it totally sucks to pay more for content afterwards but they don't actually make a ton of money on a niche genre like this.

Eventually a company has to make decisions to meet street date and make the bottom line profitable... would you rather have waited another five months for more content? Or can fans be okay with spilling out some extra money over time and get the game earlier?

Besides other fighters have wanted more for additional characters... it'd just be nice if these characters came with new levels or something. It is not the easiest pill to swallow but I feel like your negativity does a lot less good than a productive or logical outlook on the whole situation.

[quote name='Killbomb']I think I am about done with this game. My mind just cannot comprehend all the things that are happening on screen at once and how to deal with them. Think I will stick to the slower paced 3D games like Tekken and VF.[/QUOTE]

lol I feel the same way sometimes. SFIV is so much more slower and SSFIV balanced things a bit. I can't speak for overall balance in this game but things like X Factor kinda throw it off a bit. Though this game seems slightly slower then MVC3. I can't play Guilty Gear for the same reason the action was too fast paced... I'm just starting to adjust to this game as of today.

Hey guys, I heard through a reliable source about Sentinel's new alternate costume. I think it's going to be the best one in the game....

It's Sagat from Vanilla SF4! ;)
SagatSF4c.png

Shoutouts to iplaywinner for the joke.

when using skrull, i ground punch into super its simplistic but it works and the punching leaves the opponent vulnerable in mid air for a split second, which a skilled player could punish.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']lol I feel the same way sometimes. SFIV is so much more slower and SSFIV balanced things a bit. I can't speak for overall balance in this game but things like X Factor kinda throw it off a bit. Though this game seems slightly slower then MVC3. I can't play Guilty Gear for the same reason the action was too fast paced... I'm just starting to adjust to this game as of today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SSFIV's pace was more suited to me but I think it's just 2D games in general that I have problems with. Last night I was playing MvC3 with 2 friends and probably only won like 4 matches the whole time. I got so frustrated with one Sentinel using friend that I just set the stick down before the match was even over. Later on we played Tekken 6 and I made him do the same thing during my 10 win streak. :D

It's really just a matter of launching them, immediately hitting jump to get to their level, then hitting Light/Medium/Hard a couple times (I usually just instinctively hit Light about 3 times).

If you're talking about Team Aerial Combos, you do what I mentioned before, but then you hit Launcher + a direction to get the next character to come out and repeat. Hitting them left/right knocks them against the wall, hitting them down gives you a full level of Hyper, and hitting them up knocks them higher into the air and does the most damage. It's just all about chaining it together.

here is a trick against someone trying to use Dark Phoenix. Just knock off enough life, but don't kill phoenix and win by time out.

[quote name='62t']here is a trick against someone trying to use Dark Phoenix. Just knock off enough life, but don't kill phoenix and win by time out.[/QUOTE]

Easier trick is simply kill or chip her to death at a distance with a beam super then X-Factor cancel it into another one either while or just after the transformation.

Just played MVC2 earlier to compare games. Definitely like the more noob friendly stuff and the fact the launcher button for air combos is the same with everyone. Only two characters I really miss are Dan and Juggernaut (how he is not in this game escapes me).

great post , the game is great i just got it , but the problem with it is that it somehow lacks the essentials that make a fighting game GREAT , dont get me wrong i love it and still play it alot , but having only arcade and character trials as offline content kinda makes me feel like the game is missing something like a survival mode , or at least a decent arcade style campaign , and the whole colors but no unlockable alternate costumes is kinda getting old , boo capcom ,but as i was saying i realy like the game , and im kinda mad that a game as great as mvc3 didnt get the care that it deserved for offline content.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just played MVC2 earlier to compare games. Definitely like the more noob friendly stuff and the fact the launcher button for air combos is the same with everyone. Only two characters I really miss are Dan and Juggernaut (how he is not in this game escapes me).[/QUOTE]

defenetly agree , replacing essential mvc charecters such as juggernaut , venom , strider ......etc , in this game by a charecter like SHE hulk somehow seems stupid :applause:

+1 Vote for She Hulk. She's fun to use. I love Venom as a character but in MVC2 he sucked. Put Venom back in but give him different moves.

[quote name='blooded fury']great post , the game is great i just got it , but the problem with it is that it somehow lacks the essentials that make a fighting game GREAT , dont get me wrong i love it and still play it alot , but having only arcade and character trials as offline content kinda makes me feel like the game is missing something like a survival mode , or at least a decent arcade style campaign , and the whole colors but no unlockable alternate costumes is kinda getting old , boo capcom ,but as i was saying i realy like the game , and im kinda mad that a game as great as mvc3 didnt get the care that it deserved for offline content.[/QUOTE]

Periods, man. Periods.

Does anyone else have a complete non-interest in games you buy the first few days after you get em? Always happens to me. I'm not sure whether I'm just burnt out on games in general or what, but it takes me a few days to actually want to play the game I purchased. Before, it was because I didn't have internet and most of the games I bought were for the online portion, but it still happens.

At the moment, I've been caught up in watching Netflix instead of playing MvC3. A Cox Communications technician's coming out Monday to check the cable line and modem, so hopefully that'll fix the internet and I can stop worrying about lagging out in the middle of matches, which will make me want to play more.

Lol I love the idea but the fat head only seems to work for Zero. Everyone else looks a bit weird. I'll still probably pick up a couple. I haven't added to the collection in a while.

Jill gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VFeT5bbpfo&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Does anyone else have a complete non-interest in games you buy the first few days after you get em? Always happens to me. I'm not sure whether I'm just burnt out on games in general or what, but it takes me a few days to actually want to play the game I purchased. Before, it was because I didn't have internet and most of the games I bought were for the online portion, but it still happens.

At the moment, I've been caught up in watching Netflix instead of playing MvC3. A Cox Communications technician's coming out Monday to check the cable line and modem, so hopefully that'll fix the internet and I can stop worrying about lagging out in the middle of matches, which will make me want to play more.[/QUOTE]

Yes I feel the same way, and it makes me... angry? I mean I haven't touched Black Ops in days even though I like it (I guess), and I have a bunch of PC games I haven't even touched. I used to rack up 20 hours in TF2 AT LEAST, now I have like 10 minutes in KOTOR, Just Cause 2, KF and TF2.

Thing is I want to play them, I just don't feel like it. Sucks; feels like wasted money, the same with Borderlands. I bought it and the 3 DLC's, I've only played BL for 3 hours and haven't touched the DLC, and it's been months now.

That Jill gameplay is from the extracted info on the disc, her moveset is incomplete, her animations and VO's are incomplete her hypers are incomplete, and seems like some of her moves are completely missing, as well as her face looks like she kinda has down syndrome. so, take that video as an unfinished product.

Also, She Hulk rules...

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Any news of any patches coming out?[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard, but there f****g better be. Let's just say we're going to be seeing a lot more Akumas.

Finally settled on a team (for now) - Skrull-B/Magneto-A/Sentinel-A. I was thinking about using Mags B assist but I'm not really sure yet. EM Disruptor is just too fast!

Started playing ranked today, got to a 4 win streak and had someone rage quit on the KO screen on what would have been the 5th win. The 5 win streak achievement still popped fortunately. Went back to player matches after that (GGs Guardian!)

Sooo...I never did get around to getting a TE stick.

Any major differences between the SFIV TE (Round 2) and the MvC3 TE sticks?

Hell, is there any place I can even *get* a SFIV TE (360) new?

Just hit "Fighter", set Rank to "Same"...and got matched with a 8th lord of hell or whatever with around 150 wins.

Hmm. I won, but wtf is up with that?

[quote name='Rig']Sooo...I never did get around to getting a TE stick.

Hell, is there any place I can even *get* a SFIV TE (360) new?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sells them, just search for them in your area and call around. Mine had a TE Round 2 and a TE-S for $129.99 each new.

[quote name='Rig']Sooo...I never did get around to getting a TE stick.

Hell, is there any place I can even *get* a SFIV TE (360) new?[/QUOTE]

Parts are all the same. Only difference is the cover art.

Frys has them if you have one around you.

I beat Magneto with Deadpool and his after-match taunt was
"I just beat MAG-FREAKIN-NETO. Where's your curly mustache at now?!"
.. Deadpool is gold in this game

[quote name='BrolyB593']Gamestop sells them, just search for them in your area and call around. Mine had a TE Round 2 and a TE-S for $129.99 each new.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

The closest two Gamestops are in the same city...sadly, they're about 45-50 miles from my town. Hopefully, I can make it down to one.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Parts are all the same. Only difference is the cover art.

Frys has them if you have one around you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I figured that was the case.
No Fry's near me though.

[quote name='Rig']Thanks.

The closest two Gamestops are in the same city...sadly, they're about 45-50 miles from my town. Hopefully, I can make it down to one.

Thanks for the response. I figured that was the case.
No Fry's near me though.[/QUOTE]

You live that far from a GameStop??? Dang dude, I'm surprised they have the internet there. =D

[quote name='GuardianE']You're always laggy. And luckily, I use two teleport characters. :)

Good games to Shinobi, Tom, Joe, Kensei, and whoever else was on for the past two nights. Ranked does seem to be hard to get into. I've resorted to going into Training mode and setting it to Fight Request On. Just got my 5 wins in a row achievement.

Oh, and:
halolz-dot-com-marvelvscapcom3-sentineledition.jpg

Sentinel is definitely going to be "Top Tier"/used ad nauseum at tournaments. I was really hoping that Capcom would have nerfed him in this iteration considering his godlike status in MvC2. Level 3 X-Factor Sentinel is unstoppable and can chip you to death from full screen by mashing buttons... and he has an assload of health. He's easily as bad as Dark Phoenix, except he doesn't need Five Hyper Bars to activate.[/QUOTE]

The one in sunglasses had me in tears.

PS3 version here but I don't get to play until tonight. My Wal-mart had like 5 of the special edition 360 copies in yesterday but I resisted the temptation.

bread's done
Back