Marvel vs. Capcom 3 discussion thread

[quote name='AlphaPanda']If MtlTom feels like adding another blast of sodium to the thread, I'd gladly wear a Haggar Morton avatar.
[/QUOTE]
Sent

[quote name='GuardianE']
I'm going to try to step my Wesker game up a bit. He has a lot more tools that I'm simply not utilizing since his basic moveset is so good.[/QUOTE]
Please don't. Wesker is a jerk. ;)

I'm thinking about going back to the drawing board for a 3rd person on my team. Dorm's assist is great, but I don't know if he fits as well as I thought. I might put in Chun since B-assist serves the same purpose as black hole, and actually holds the character in for longer on hit. Plus I think I need a faster character on my team since Hulk and Sent are already both kind of slow.

I'm also thinking of making a Phoenix team with Dante & Morrigan.

This is an annoying question I know: how do I join the scrub club?

I broke this out yesterday and found that I need to practice a HUGE amount just to even do missions. Which I guess it fair since I've never really been a huge fighting game person. Still, just want to play and have fun.

Jesus, is anyone watching the Final Round stream right now? Marn is looking unbeatable in Casuals.

How is he able to stay in the air and combo with Magneto? I know about the quick tri-jumps down and back up to keep getting hits, but he's not even coming out of the air! Is he canceling every hit in and out of flight mode or something?

[quote name='Strell']This is an annoying question I know: how do I join the scrub club?

I broke this out yesterday and found that I need to practice a HUGE amount just to even do missions. Which I guess it fair since I've never really been a huge fighting game person. Still, just want to play and have fun.[/QUOTE]

Just send a friend request right over to "CAG SCRUB CLUB", and there's also "CAG FIGHTER IV".

Send me a friend request as well if you'd like to practice sometime, lawd knows I need it.

[quote name='lolwut?']Jesus, is anyone watching the Final Round stream right now? Marn is looking unbeatable in Casuals.

How is he able to stay in the air and combo with Magneto? I know about the quick tri-jumps down and back up to keep getting hits, but he's not even coming out of the air! Is he canceling every hit in and out of flight mode or something?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it. If that's the case, that is pretty damn impressive.

His fucking execution is crazy; any thoughts of me getting tournament good have been crushed, haha.

Also lol @ CAG sponsoring the event; Cheapy knows this shit is got-like.

Edit: Forgot to mention his Zero is ridiculous; I hate Zero, but I have to respect what he's doing. He holds his buster charge throughout his entire combos and shoots that shit at the end to (reset?) into another one. Mind is about to explode from all the stuff going on.

Gotta love that i'm making buddies on CAG. It'd probably help if I actually...you know...played sometime with you guys, though. :) I always end up getting caught up in another game/something else when you guys are playing.

Was going to hang out with Friend 1 today, but Friend 1 was tired and had plans later so I made plans with Friend 2, and then I get a shitstorm from Friend 1 about 15 minutes ago when he calls and finds out that I made Friend 2 arrangements after thinking we weren't hanging out. Ah, friendship.

Good games to Velikost (lolwut?), bs000, and F1ngers of Fury last night! Lot of close games. I'm sad that so many CAGs are on the Sentinel bandwagon since I still haven't developed consistent anti-Sent technology, though. :cry:

im watching this justin tv tourney on now, and they seem to know how to punish sentinel users now. one guy called in sentinel for an assist and then the guy dante'd the sentinel to hell

[quote name='timesplitt']im watching this justin tv tourney on now, and they seem to know how to punish sentinel users now. one guy called in sentinel for an assist and then the guy dante'd the sentinel to hell[/QUOTE]

That's not really an anti-Sentinel strat. Pretty much the guy called in an assist without properly protecting him. You always want to protect your assists, and he got punished for failing to do so.

[quote name='bs000']Sentinal is vulnerable for a looooooong time when you use his drone assist.[/QUOTE]

There probably should be a downside to having one of the best assists in the entire game.

[quote name='GuardianE']Good games to Velikost (lolwut?), bs000, and F1ngers of Fury last night! Lot of close games. I'm sad that so many CAGs are on the Sentinel bandwagon since I still haven't developed consistent anti-Sent technology, though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

But Mike Boss said I should use Sentinel.

Where'd you go Guardian? You said we were going to play but then when I read your message 3 hours after you sent it you were gone! How dare you. You have insulted my honor. I challenge you to a duel!

Useless trivia: You can kara cancel the very beginning of a snap back with a hyper, and then it burns two meters instead of one, and the snap back doesn't do anything despite using the meter. So yea, no use for it really. But now that you know, you can make sure you don't do it by accident when you're trying to call an assist and do a hyper at the same time :D

[quote name='KingBroly']Shuma and Jill got delayed because the stuff going on in Japan. Good call by Capcom I'd say.[/QUOTE]
Link? I'm looking around and can't find anything.

[quote name='bs000']But Mike Boss said I should use Sentinel.

Where'd you go Guardian? You said we were going to play but then when I read your message 3 hours after you sent it you were gone! How dare you. You have insulted my honor. I challenge you to a duel!

Useless trivia: You can kara cancel the very beginning of a snap back with a hyper, and then it burns two meters instead of one, and the snap back doesn't do anything despite using the meter. So yea, no use for it really. But now that you know, you can make sure you don't do it by accident when you're trying to call an assist and do a hyper at the same time :D[/QUOTE]

Mike Loss cries every time he picks Sentinel. You can't see the tears because the camera pans away.
I

Last edited by a moderator:
I waited to redeem mine, but when I did it just a moment ago, it directly gave me my download code, which let me get the new characters. Can't wait to see everyone playing with the new characters!

putzed around with jill and shuma for a while before work. black and white shuma is superb. I'm sure people with more skill and patience than I will take Jill and her level 3 super and mess some folks up, but I don't think I can handle her. shuma and that stupid eyeball attack is a bit more my speed.

Hey guys, what's the hookup on CAGs playing? I have fightnights with my buddies locally every few days, but I wouldn't mind jumping online with a few fellow boarders.

Lemme know!

Send a friend request to CAG FIGHTER IV, and you can search that gamertag's friends list for people playing Marvel3 or SSFIV. We usually get together wednesday nights, but it seems to have quieted down a little bit as of late. Probably due to the lack of spectator mode.

My gamertag is GuardianE9999, and I usually play at least a little every night, so feel free to send me an invite if you see me on!

Cool man, I'll track you down sometime!

Played with Jill and Shuma this morning before work. I dig em both, but I'll need more work with Shuma. I'm stoked to bust out Team S.T.A.R.S. with my friends tonight.

[quote name='GuardianE']FYI, I read on Shoryuken.com that Jill+Shuma Missions do count towards the 320 goal achievement, for people who aren't quite there yet.[/QUOTE]

Ah so I was right. I doubt I'll still be able to finish 8 missions with everyone still though. I kinda gave up on that.

Do Jill or Shuma come with achievements for winning with them? Etc.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ah so I was right. I doubt I'll still be able to finish 8 missions with everyone still though. I kinda gave up on that.

Do Jill or Shuma come with achievements for winning with them? Etc.[/QUOTE]

I just confirmed that they don't. :( It's really a missed opportunity. I'm not sure why they didn't do it.

Ah bummer. Well thanks for the mission mode update, It's something I'll keep in mind but I don't see myself using either of them. I'll wait for round two of character DLC (It's only a matter of time) and see who they are before making my decision. One day I'll do the missions so I can 100% this lol.

So I got the DLC code from the marvelvscapcom site and tried to enter it from my dashboard and it says it's invalid.

Then I tried to enter it in on the Xbox website and it says the code has already been used.

WTF?

I'm still waiting on my DLC code to show up.

UPDATE: Checked the MvC3 redeem site and the code was there but wasn't sent via email. Redeemed it with no problems.

So they're really 140kb codes with no additional mb to download? That's sorta disappointing. I would think Jill's incomplete status would had to have been fixed.

Also, Xbox codes for DLC now are apparently treated as separate items from what's on the marketplace. It's really sleazy of Microsoft to try and trick people into downloading the same thing twice.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm still waiting on my DLC code to show up.

UPDATE: Checked the MvC3 redeem site and the code was there but wasn't sent via email. Redeemed it with no problems.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, did you redeem it through XBox.com or the Dashboard?

[quote name='KingBroly']So they're really 140kb codes with no additional mb to download? That's sorta disappointing. I would think Jill's incomplete status would had to have been fixed.

Also, Xbox codes for DLC now are apparently treated as separate items from what's on the marketplace. It's really sleazy of Microsoft to try and trick people into downloading the same thing twice.[/QUOTE]

Jill and Shuma were "completed" with the March 1st patch. They do this so that everyone can fight them online. You get an unlock key for the data that you already downloaded.

As for the separate items thing, that's been around since Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 at the latest. The items are still in your download history, so you can access them for free at any time. There's just no check mark next to them on the Marketplace... and I suppose there's the risk that you'd accidentally download characters twice by accident.

[quote name='GuardianE']Out of curiosity, did you redeem it through XBox.com or the Dashboard?[/QUOTE]

I redeemed it through Xbox.com.

On the subject of Final Round XIV, Combofiend's Spencer is insane, and he is without a doubt the best player in MvC3 at the moment. His team requires really good execution and not everyone will be able to come close to his skill level with those 3 characters. JWong's team is also really awesome the She-Hulk command grab + Tron assist seems unstoppable and almost unfair. I had dreams of maybe competing at EVO but there's absolutely no way I can utilize all my characters to the degree Combofiend and JWong do. Though I do love Mike Ross' team and it is something I can use effectively, not to mention I

[quote name='zerowing']On the subject of Final Round XIV, Combofiend's Spencer is insane, and he is without a doubt the best player in MvC3 at the moment. His team requires really good execution and not everyone will be able to come close to his skill level with those 3 characters. JWong's team is also really awesome the She-Hulk command grab + Tron assist seems unstoppable and almost unfair. I had dreams of maybe competing at EVO but there's absolutely no way I can utilize all my characters to the degree Combofiend and JWong do. Though I do love Mike Ross' team and it is something I can use effectively, not to mention I

I accepted a few CAG Fighter IV requests last night. If anyone else wants to join tonight, send a FR & I'll check it before I hop on.

Is anyone interested in my Jill and Shuma Gorath code? I got a collector's edition, but traded the game in so I have nothing to do with the code now.

I know they're worth about $10 so I'd be interested in a close to even DLC trade.

How are you with the 360 CE getting the download code? Every time I go to www.marvelvscapcom3.com/redeem, it asks me to log in. I try to with the profile I was forced to create and I get a blank white web page. Every. Time.
I sent an email to Capcom but didn't get a reply, only a confirmation. Arrgh!

bread's done
Back