Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Guide Book $3.28 @ Amazon

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Doesn't seem to have any value, really. Other sellers are in the same area.

Is the information in the book actually good? Or is it a crap guide or has been made null by patches?

I don't even have the game, so I have no idea why I am sitting here debating whether or not to get it..... I need some serious help....

It really was a great book. I got it and the Ultimate guide because the amount of info in there is rediculous. But with Ultimate having come out already, there were enough changes made to existing moves and new moves added that th Vanilla guide isn't that good a tool. It's outdated now. If I didn't own it though, I would buy a copy regardless of Ultimate being out, because I am compelled to buy anything that is 'Marvel vs Capcom.'

I just wish the MvC2 guide wasn't so pricey...

I picked it up at the end of March. It was $2.64. I see the price change daily. After I had my copy, it went back to $13.59 and has been up and down ever since.

your sig makes your post irrelevant, negative nancy.
i only own the vanilla mvc3 so i'm in for 1.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Between patches and the fact that nobody play this version anymore, this guide is worthless unless you just want it for collection reasons.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']your sig makes your post irrelevant, negative nancy.
i only own the vanilla mvc3 so i'm in for 1.[/QUOTE]

Have fun playing bad games with outdated info.

With Ultimate and a few patches out since it's release, the guide naturally has some misinformation at this point. That said, it is absolutely expertly written. It comes with an abundance of frame data and strategies for each character.

If you're someone who's still playing vanilla MvC3, the guide's a no-brainer. It's seriously one of the best I've ever seen for a fighter (UMvC3 is equally well written, as is Future Press' SoulCalibur V book.)

Unless you are still playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 (and not Ultimate MvC3), this guide is almost entirely outdated. The UMvC3 guide is just as good as this one. As a matter of fact, one of the best players in the fighting game community, Clockw0rk, helped write a huge majority of the guide.

Basically, if you are getting this guide to actually use it to get better, make sure you are only playing the original Marvel vs Capcom 3.

bread's done
Back