Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Late 2010 or Early 2011)

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
PlanetXbox360 reported that Capcom confirmed the development of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at the Capcom Captivate event in Hawaii. The game will have 2D gameplay and 3D graphics like Street Fighter IV, confirmed characters include Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto and Storm. The game will be heading to PS3 and Xbox 360 in late 2010 or early 2011 in 1080p resolution.

[quote name='Josh5890']So, doesn't Disney own Capcom now? This could get interesting...[/QUOTE]
Disney is the only company that Capcom had to deal with at this point. Before now, you needed many other companies to get on board.

[quote name='djbooba']Disney is the only company that Capcom had to deal with at this point. Before now, you needed many other companies to get on board.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Actually I mean that perhaps we may see Disney characters in MvC 3. Probably not though

[quote name='Josh5890']So, doesn't Disney own Capcom now? This could get interesting...[/QUOTE]

Did you mean that Disney owns Marvel?

i'd rather have a new CvS game to tell you the truth.

but seeing how capcom had to deal with disney. .it'd be interesting to see some of their characters thrown into the fray also. XP

[quote name='option.iv']Who wants transformers in this game?! I do![/QUOTE]

arent they a Hasbro property tho? would be cool tho

wow, im impressed, looks like they are doing something new for once, doesnt look like one of their money printing press deals (like super street fighter ii turbo, ultimate champion edition featuring a new costume for each player), actually if u ask me, super street fighter iv was exactly that sononkyo (as game informer put it DLC too big for downloading), but this looks new....looks.....

i hope they have some fight trailers soon to see the gameplay

Finally! I've been waiting for this game for years.

But I read the game is only going to have over 30 characters?

I'm praying to god that Deadpool is in the game. It would be so sweet. But they should add more Marvel Villians. Like Carnage, Doc Ock, Abomination, Dark Phoenix.

There's actually alot of characters they can add that could really work in the game. Nightcrawler for instance. I just thought of Daredevil too, but he's blind, I wonder how they would make that work.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I just thought of Daredevil too, but he's blind, I wonder how they would make that work.[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Anyway, I really doubt this game will be as fun as MvC2 because they lucked out with that one, like 75% of the advanced tactics are broken gameplay mechanics.

But hey, I'm a Marvel and Capcom fan so I'll probably get it just for the fan service.

Two words...Less Xmen.

I know there are more characters in the Marvel Universe, how's about we see some of 'em and no more sprite swaps (looking at you Iron Man / War Machine). Please. Ghost Rider perhaps...hmmm pretty neat idea there with that, I'd be shocked if it happened though.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Finally! I've been waiting for this game for years.

But I read the game is only going to have over 30 characters?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's the final number. And even if it is you're rather likely to see a MvC3.5 with an extra 15 characters nine or so months later. This is Capcom, after all.

everyone seems to think that one of those silhouettes is Dante- but the more I look at it, the more i think it's going to be Nathan Spencer, the Bionic commando.

[quote name='Magus8472']I don't think that's the final number. And even if it is you're rather likely to see a MvC3.5 with an extra 15 characters nine or so months later. This is Capcom, after all.[/QUOTE]

30 characters are what they have completed so far. Niitsuma and the rest of the devs will continue working on more charaters, trying to get as many as they can until the game goes gold next year. Don't worry, there will be more. My guess is that they will probably stop somewhere between 40-45...leaving a few of them for DLC.

Here's more news with an update if anyone hasn't read it yet.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/20/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-ps3-xbox-360-spring-2011/

I cannot wait for this game.

Last week someone said that the number of characters was going to be astounding. 30 isn't really that big of a deal if you ask me.. so hopefully they add another 10 or so before going gold. It's impressive that they are all from scratch, but it isn't huge. I mean, look at SSF4- it's got 27 characters. TvC had 26 characters.

The majority of the work is already done- character design and basic move sets (if they are in a previous game). They've just got to model and animate. Should be simple enough.

Anyway. I'm really excited about this. I hope they go back to the traditional 6 button layout, and take this game seriously. MvC2 seemed like a quick cash in when you compare into to the other titles in the series. It lacked all of the fun, self referencial stuff that Capcom had built up around it's last several fighters and I just don't feel like it had any soul.

[quote name='uncle5555']Two words...Less Xmen.

I know there are more characters in the Marvel Universe, how's about we see some of 'em and no more sprite swaps (looking at you Iron Man / War Machine). Please. Ghost Rider perhaps...hmmm pretty neat idea there with that, I'd be shocked if it happened though.[/QUOTE]

Ghost Rider would be pretty sweet. I never thought about him. He could have all sorts of chain combo's. And one of his specials could be, he gets his badass bike out and rides the front tire on your face!

The Punisher would be cool in the game.

And I can agree with you about less X-Men, but there's so many great characters from that series. I'd like to see Nightcrawler in the game. He'd be really fun to play with.

[quote name='uncle5555']Two words...Less Xmen.

I know there are more characters in the Marvel Universe, how's about we see some of 'em and no more sprite swaps (looking at you Iron Man / War Machine). Please. Ghost Rider perhaps...hmmm pretty neat idea there with that, I'd be shocked if it happened though.[/QUOTE]

On the flip, less Street Fighter. Please.

Like roach infestations finding their way into the crevices of Capcom vs titles, Ryu and his damn hadouken will surely be there as their poster child along with his usual roster of SF buddies and nemeses.

It's overload from Tatsunko, MvC2, and soon SSF4 that may be affecting my perspective, but I'm really sick of seeing them EVERYWHERE.

bread's done
Back