Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 SE stock locator links for Best Buy.com

These are the stock locator links for the Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Special Edition for PS3 and 360 for BestBuy.com. It'll allow you to at least see if your local BB store(s) have the special edition of the game before wasting time and gas going there for nothing.

Unfortunately the option to add it to your cart to have it shipped to your store doesn't work at this time.:cry:

Stock locator links:

PS3

Hope this helps someone who may have BB gift cards to burn to find a copy.

Wow, no stores in my area showing "Available Now". I guess that means I'm not getting my copy I pre-ordered. Capcom kinda screwed the pooch on this one.

another thing to note is that some of them were preorders held for pickup a guy I knew at BB looked all of of the local BB's near me and confirmed they were preordered and on reserve already so no dice for me even though they were showing in stock :(

Yea it says I can ship to my store.......but I just got back from the store..... and they had NO copies in stock......annnndd.....I pre-ordered 2 copies....what a surprise:roll::roll:

[quote name='cag1000']Yea it says I can ship to my store.......but I just got back from the store..... and they had NO copies in stock......annnndd.....I pre-ordered 2 copies....what a surprise:roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

If you actually click on "Ship to Store", it wont let you and will tell you it's out of stock.

Wierd, Best Buys here fail, none of the area got a single SE, yet they are apparently still coming. Either way, i said screw the pre-order and ran over to Target's and brought one, plus got a nifty Iron Man figure free ^_^.

So if I got an email from best buy yesterday saying my SE is ready for pickup should I still be worried my best buy doesn't have any copies? (I just pre-ordered online with in store pickup awhile ago)

No Special Editions at my Local Bestbuy either, damn these things are rare as hell to find. Toys R Us,Bestbuy,Wal-Mart & K-Mart didn't have any, only the regular. You're pretty much screwed out of getting one unless you pre ordered.

This has been up for a few days now...been waiting for the purchase option to appear but at this point it seems that my best bet is to run down to the store on my break.

You will not find these at Bestbuy!! Went there AM as soon store opened... they didn't have my X360 SE copy I preordered. They did not receive ANY, zip, zero zilch 360 SE copies of the game!!!

They only had six of the PS3 SE held at customer service but only gave them to people who had pre-ordered the PS3 version specifically. Yet, my BB.com SE X360 copy, that I had preordered, was surprisingly in-store. BB.com comes through!!

Separately, Targets only get two (yes, 2!) copies of SE for each system. If you didn't get there as soon as they opened today, you'll likely not find any left.

I was in Best Buy last Friday and went to a kiosk to see if it would show inventory and it did, so I knew that my store had 4 PS3 and 2 360 copies for today, which really didn't do me much good since I was going to be at work but I did call just now and they're holding me the last 360 copy.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't see a deal here...[/QUOTE]

That's nice. Next time you don't see a deal, don't click on the thread, and don't respond.

Well you cags got me all paranoid so now I'm at target buying the last copy of the 360 se just in case. Should probably hold on to it cause it sounds like these things are really rare

[quote name='SteveGo']That's nice. Next time you don't see a deal, don't click on the thread, and don't respond.[/QUOTE]

Since you clearly have trouble comprehending what I'm implying, I'll just paste something that I hope your brain can keep up with: ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

we have other forums here that's better suited for these availability thread, but I guess you failed to realize that in the 8 or so years that you've been here

[quote name='ssjmichael']Apparently you have trouble reading: ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS![/QUOTE]

Not really, I wasn't the one who posted this.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Since you have trouble comprehending what I'm implying, I'll jsut paste something that I hope your brain can grasp: ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS![/QUOTE]

So click "report post" and move on, no need for snide comments or personal attacks.

I get the feeling that I just got very lucky.

Went into BB to PM MvC3 standard to TRU. They have a freaking SE for both systems just chilling on a rack. I snag the 360 version, they price match TRU by reducing the sale -$15.00. WoW..

[quote name='ssjmichael']we have other forums here that's better suited for these availability thread, but I guess you failed to realize that in the 8 or so years that you've been here[/QUOTE]

I like how you keep editing your post. Again, I wasn't the one who posted this, so I didn't fail to realize anything.

[quote name='SteveGo']I like how you keep editing your post. Again, I wasn't the one who posted this, so I didn't fail to realize anything.[/QUOTE]

Did you or did not not grasp what I was implying when I said "I don't see a deal here..."?

Best Buy stores in the Austin area seem to be out everywhere. One clerk was nice enough to call the other stores for me and no one had any copies. The reports he was getting from the other stores were that they each got in the range of 2-5 copies, and sold out the second the doors opened. It wouldn't surprise me if the same jackass bought all the copies to scalp them on ebay.

On a happier note, if anyone in Austin is reading this, I just managed to get a copy of the SE at the Soutpark Meadows super Target. As of about 1/2 an hour ago, they still had 2 copies left of the 360 steelbook. Comes with a free Marvel Universe figure to boot.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Did you or did not not grasp what I was implying when I said "I don't see a deal here..."?[/QUOTE]

I grasped it fine, but I feel like you could go about it in a different manner, namely just clicking "report post" and moving on with your life.

Frankly I'm surprised you're still going on with this, the fact that the mods deleted your post attacking me should give you a hint on how to proceed.

I guess I'll add to the best buy horror story of preordering...I preordered the special edition last week...but still went at open this morning. I was the first one in the store, but instead of going back to the games, I went to customer service as that's where I was told my game would be "held" at. Of course no one is at customer service, so I had to wait a few mins for someone to come.....the guy looks behind the counter and can't find it so he says hes going to back to check for it...as hes walking to the back, I see another customer come up with 4 copies of the game (should have been a red flag and I should have raised hell at this point, but i didnt).....The guy comes back with the regular edition that he just pulled from the floor and so I point out i preordered the special edition.....he goes towards the back and asks someone, then comes back to the front to ask the cashier what she sold. I guess he thinks I didn't hear this conversation, so he comes back over to the customer service counter and tries to lie "well we got 2 in, but I can't find them" and I cut him off, no it's not that you can't find them, it's that they were all sold to that hoarder! because someone didn't do their job and pull the games to fill the preorders. He then instructs me not to get an attitude with him, as its not "his" fault.....I was just like whatever as he said he was going to go call other stores to see if he could find one....so after 20 mins of waiting...he doesn't even have the decency to come back out to customer service, he just sends someone else with my receipt and he refunds my $5 preorders and gives me a $25 gift card and doesn't even apologize, just says they can take down my information and "hold" one if another comes to the store. At this point, I just take the gift card, as I know theres no point in getting any more frustrated with them or even to complain....so I said that's fine and ask him to ring me up for the standard game. I pull out the toysrus ad to price match, and he tries to pull "we don't price match free items crap".......i pulled out their price match policy I had printed off and highlighted the price match section on gift cards and showed him....he read it and was like "this must be a new policy, i've never heard of that before".......and thankfully, he just rang it up for $44.99 without gift card. I know its ymmv on what they will do, either just price match it minus the gift card, or they will tack on the gift card so you pay the full price....so after the $25.00 gift card I got earlier, it only cost me $20...plus ill also get a $10 reward zone certificate for preordering/buying this game (i called to speak to reward zone since my original pre order was cancelled, and they just credited my account the 500 points). so after all the hassle, it works out to be $10.00 net cost (yes I know I still paid $45 for it though). Then I went to target, and was happy to find they still had 2 copies for each system, so i picked up one there with the free action figure they had. Now I'm debating about just keeping my special edition sealed and opening the standard edition to play, or just ebay the standard edition and open the special edition....tough choices lol.

I reserved a copy of the SE in case it sold out, but does anyone know if they will let you pay the difference when you go to pick it up and get the CE instead?

Well, I called the store I pre-ordered at and the guy said yeah, they have the pre-orders held there. I made sure he put my name on one as I don't get off work until 4:00 pm. Whether or not it's still there at that time, we'll have to wait and see. I'll be sure to report back.

Good story lol...but it ended in success so you shouldn't be too dissapointed. It makes me sick to think some asswipe walked in there and bought all 4 copies...friggin scalpers. Not like it's a crime or anything though...still it's pretty sad.

"This item is currently unavailable for online purchase. The item was not added to your cart."

Did you actually click add to cart? I thought the same thing, but I get this message when I try to add it. I'm really hoping they will let me pay the difference on a SE copy when I get off work. Why wouldn't Best Buy want more of my money? :lol:

Oh sorry, I missed the Amazon part! Didn't know Amazon had it back in stock. Might have to check that out since Best Buy is a no go online.

I only really posted the links to the stock locator for folks to be able to check if their local store(s) had them in stock, not so much for them to be able to order them online.

Thus far it looks like the PS3 version link has switched to where it'll list if it's available in store or not, while the 360 version remains stuck on the one that gives you hope to be able to add it to buy online(but doesn't allow it).

Everyone in my area is "Ship to Store" and my friend went to get his pre-order SE and they told him they didn't get any in. NICE!

Last edited by a moderator:
FU best buy same thing happened to me for GT5 CE.

My bro insisted that we do this for MVC3 since he had gift cards to burn. Oh how I look forward to his update later today if he got a SE copy.

Why is best buy allowed to sell preorders for a game that they have no intention on having in stock on release day? Should be fraud in my book.

jdb230
post your experience on the BB forums page & BB reward zone (gaming section), send a PM to Kyle(you can find him on either forum). He's really good at resolving issues plus from him helping me out the only way they will clean their act up is for ppl to make noise.

[quote name='Enuf']jdb230
post your experience on the BB forums page & BB reward zone (gaming section), send a PM to Kyle(you can find him on either forum). He's really good at resolving issues plus from him helping me out the only way they will clean their act up is for ppl to make noise.[/QUOTE]

Hey I appreciate the advice....but honestly....I doubt any amount of complaining will ever rectify the issues I've had with my local best buy. This was only the second time I've preordered from them and probably the last (and only because I had some best buy gift cards to burn, I usually pre order through amazon as it's usually cheaper with their promo credits, no tax, and usually hassle free, only ever had an issue one time with a cd pre-order not arriving on release date and they refunded the entire order)....first time I preordered for Halo Reach (just a regular edition), and my bestbuy was one of the few to do midnight release, but they way they handled it was so ridiculous, as they had 3 lines, 2 for people just walking in to buy and 1 for pre-orders.....obviously the lines for walk ins moved faster and eventually the pre-order line was just split between all 3 as all the walk ins had already purchased their games and left the store. I really should have known better this time, especially since I was the first in the store, I should have just went back to the games department.

The other issues I have with this store involves price matching, and each of the three times so far in which they gave me a hard time and/or denied, I have called corporate and received a gift card or rewardzone points. So, I doubt talking to yet another corporate representative will fix the issues I have with this store...I just always take with me their price match policy and highlight the relevant sections like this morning and show it to them. Most times they don't argue after this, but sometimes I still have to fight with them. There is one guy particular who will fight me tooth in nail no matter what....one time I was price matching for a game that bestbuy has marked as the "$19.99 value" and the guy was refusing to do a price match as he said it was a "promotional price"....had to argue with him and make him scan it so he could see it was just a regular price. His interpretation of the gift card price matching is that it only applies "if bestbuy also currently has a gift card offer on the item"....which I have had clarified by multiple best buy representatives that it is not the case....Also, he will deny any price match if the store isnt literally within a 1 mile radius......although I live in northern va, the city i live in doesnt have much other then target/bestbuy/walmart....but there are toysrus/kmarts/hhgregs litteraly 10-15 minutes north and south of where I live....however he doesn't view these stores as "local" competitors, and unfortunately, when I have talked to best buy corporate regarding this, they don't have an official policy on what constitutes a "local" competitor, so they say it is up to the managers discretion.....and at this best buy, it seems everyone is some sort of manager :/ So whenver I try for a toysrus price match at this location, it really is just a crapshoot on if this guy is working or not, as any other time, I don't have an issue with it being considered a "local" competitor.

Bestbuy, just like any other retail establishment, really just comes down to the employees at your local store and their "interpretation" and/or comprehension/knowledge of their corporate policy.....it sucks, but it will always be subjective. Another example of this is I attempted to trade in a few video games last week. I only went in intending to trade one particular game, Fifa World cup 2010 as they were offering $17 for it and I only paid $9 from gamefly :)....the rest I just took to see how much I would get as they weren't listed on the best buy trade in site. They were all quite low $.80 - $2, most I purchased from gamestop during various promotions, but for that little, I just decided to keep them....it was frustrated because all of the games were playable, and complete, cds and normal wear as some of them were 2-3 years old....but the cashier refuses to trade in the Fifa world cup as she claimed it was "scratched".....so I just said ok and took my games and left......not going to say it was mint, as it had normal wear, but it wasn't in bad shape and I had been playing it for the last week so i know it worked fine......let alone it was in better condition then a few of the other games she would have accepted.....but whatever, today I took it in with a different person, and he accepted it without hesitation....it sucks, but it is what it is....sorry for the long rant lol :)

edit...forgot to add, that they did offer the $25 giftcard today without me really complaining much....also especially since I was able to get a special edition from target later on, what more could I really expect from best buy in this situation? They already gave me a $25 gift card for the hassle, transfered the $10 bonus points credit to my account for purchasing the standard edition, and the guy even offered to look for it at other stores (although this did take about 20 minutes)...he did have a bad attitude, but at the same time I was pretty pissed and was sarcastic when I replied to him telling me the bit about them receiving 2 copies but not being able to find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
jdb230
by posting your situation with the store # will draw attention trust me. Those gold stars that are on the walls behind CS mean something to the BB staff. When they don't get them Corp. asks ?'s, if there's alot of complaints from that store it draws more attention when the stores sales don't meet expections of the other stores near it. Losing sales=losing $=boring meetings and possible job loss. I speak candidly w/reps at my BB and they will say stuff bout how those "receipt" reviews can mean a raise or a "talk". Do it for yourself and the next CAG having the same problems.

yeah best buy boned me as well, i pre ordered the CE and they said they couldn't find it, so i ended up walking out with a regular edition they have my contact info and they are going to "call me" once they get them in and let me swap it out.

Glad I got mine off of amazon.com. Only bad thing is it is coming USPS but usually stuff gets here on Thursday or Friday. Got mine on the 360 but I might check to see if some places have it on the PS3 also and get it for that too. That way I can play it on both systems. Still need a stick for the PS3 so I might track down the MvsC stick for that system.

FU BB screwed me out of a MVC3 preorder SE so this is two straight instances were a preorder means absolutely nothing.

Never again will I preorder anything from this business.

All the stories I read about B2G1F well I guess that's karma biting BB in the "arse".

Apparently there was an issue with all best buy stores and they sent out an email that they got a low shipment lower than they expected and they're seeing what's going on. It was an email sent to BB employees but now it's up to Capcom if they want to provide any more SEs or that's just it.

bread's done
Back