Marvel vs Capcom 3 Strategy Guide $11.55 on Amazon FSSS eligilble

I kind of feel like a fighter is a really silly thing to buy a print guide for...I mean, most of the quality strategies and shit are going to come about by people playing each other, discovering new tactics, and new strategies being needed to counter them...so how long until most of that kind of stuff in the guide is outdated and you're left with a glorified move list?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I kind of feel like a fighter is a really silly thing to buy a print guide for...I mean, most of the quality strategies and shit are going to come about by people playing each other, discovering new tactics, and new strategies being needed to counter them...so how long until most of that kind of stuff in the guide is outdated and you're left with a glorified move list?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it may be useful for hardcore players. This guide has "frame data": http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/23/bradygames-marvel-vs-capcom-3-guide-has-frame-data/

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I kind of feel like a fighter is a really silly thing to buy a print guide for...I mean, most of the quality strategies and shit are going to come about by people playing each other, discovering new tactics, and new strategies being needed to counter them...so how long until most of that kind of stuff in the guide is outdated and you're left with a glorified move list?[/QUOTE]

True.

Frame data, artwork, and background story is what they need to put into these guides. It only seems that japanese guides understand the importance of this. I worked on a Street Fighter guide many years ago. We had the benefit of playing it for several months before being asked to write the guide.

Does it have all the move sets even for the upcoming DLC's?

Btw, news from Capcom is that they will be revealing new DLC information every 2 weeks after the game is released.

Cyclops please!

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Does it have all the move sets even for the upcoming DLC's?

Btw, news from Capcom is that they will be revealing new DLC information every 2 weeks after the game is released.

Cyclops please![/QUOTE]

I believe the translation from the director said that they "could" release DLC info every 2 weeks... not necessarily that they "would".

[quote name='GuardianE']I believe the translation from the director said that they "could" release DLC info every 2 weeks... not necessarily that they "would".[/QUOTE]

Nice.

I would love to see some classics like Cyclops, Iceman, and Guile.

Also more babe-age: I.e. Psylocke, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, and June Lin from Star Gladiators (wishing on a dying star).

I might get this, $12 is uber cheap for a 352 page guide with frame data (which should be interesting to see) and it will likely be full of MvC3's awesome artwork.

I would get it if it was a hardcover limited edition book. It doesn't get my attention when it comes to paperback strategy guides.

[quote name='CaoPi']do you really need a guide for fighters?

SRK.com > Guides[/QUOTE]

I can't stand srk lol. Its a frustrating place but it is good enough to get most people on the right track. After a while you realize there is just too much junk to shift through.

Guides really aren't there for making you a good player. Only Versus Books and Future Press did that. Its a nice information resource and collectible for those that are into that.

I've been buying them for decades. I like having the art around and the moves as well. My collection isn't about mint or whatever, just my love for Capcom fighters. Back in the day the guides had more art and bigger pictures of the characters doing the moves.

Thanks tc, I don't usually buy guides but for $12 even if the guide sucks and the frame data is wrong like in the SSF4 guide it'll still be worth it for the artwork alone. 352 pages, damn.

[quote name='lolmister']Thanks tc, I don't usually buy guides but for $12 even if the guide sucks and the frame data is wrong like in the SSF4 guide it'll still be worth it for the artwork alone. 352 pages, damn.[/QUOTE]

In for one. For the $12 price tag it is good to have kicking around and like others have said, great artwork and a way to support Capcom for listening to their fan base.

[quote name='lolmister']Thanks tc, I don't usually buy guides but for $12 even if the guide sucks and the frame data is wrong like in the SSF4 guide it'll still be worth it for the artwork alone. 352 pages, damn.[/QUOTE]
Same reason why I get the Tekken guides :lol:

Same reason why I get the Tekken guides :lol:

But the MvC3 ones sure are pretty!

e42757956b29f637de57b0f0f91d2b96.jpg

[quote name='Havok83']what is frame data?[/QUOTE]

basically how safe the moves are when used, don't worry about the frames, online is for the LULz

[quote name='CaoPi']basically how safe the moves are when used, don't worry about the frames, online is for the LULz[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']P.S.

The older Marvel vs Capcom 2 strategy guides are going for over $90 on eBay and Amazon marketplaces.[/QUOTE]
looks like I need to list my copy

Thanks OP in for one, $12 for a 350+ page guide sounds good to me. I suck at fighters so I kind of need one anyways lol.

I was gonna buy the guide......until i found out that Ryu apparently can lift 60-90 tons, is more intelligent than Wolverine, and also has more Stamina.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I was gonna buy the guide......until i found out that Ryu apparently can lift 60-90 tons, is more intelligent than Wolverine, and also has more Stamina.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. Who to blame...capcom japan, usa, or brady? I really have no idea :rofl:

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Nice.

I would love to see some classics like Cyclops, Iceman, and Guile.

Also more babe-age: I.e. Psylocke, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, and June Lin from Star Gladiators (wishing on a dying star).[/QUOTE]

Give me Cyclops, Ken, Emma Frost, and Cammy and I'll be a happy camper.

Even if you don't have prime, shipping is only a little over $2 so it's $14 and change shipped.

Definitely worth $12 for the artwork and the information provided. Rather than having to click through websites and manually organizing the information I'll have this at my disposal any time.

Extremely helpful since there are so many characters.

I'm in for one too but it sucks that we won't have access to all the DLC characters. Be nice if we could register the guide and they send out pdfs of the DLC characters as they become available.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I'm in for one too but it sucks that we won't have access to all the DLC characters. Be nice if we could register the guide and they send out pdfs of the DLC characters as they become available.[/QUOTE]

This is ingenious!

I would love to flip through a pdf version with my iPad

Someone--somewhere--do this!

PS Thanks, OP! I got one

Not mine. It's kinda funny though, I just ordered the MVC special edition a couple of hours ago when it was in stock, and although it has a delivery estimate of Feb 22, it's already being prepared for shipment. The guide on the other hand, with an estimate of Feb 17, still isn't being prepared.

bread's done
Back