Mass Effect 2 - $48 @ amazon. Better deal soon?

tensider

CAGiversary!
I've been dodging spoilers (mostly successfully) for a few weeks now, waiting for ME2 to price drop. Looks like amazon has it for $48 new today. I was hoping to get it @ $40. What are people's thoughts on whether we'll see a $40 sale in the next 2 weeks?

Thanks CAG folks!
tensider

I'm in the same boat as you. Pure speculation, but I don't think we'll see a true drop to $39 soon since it is from EA (if it were an MGS game, OTOH...). It looks like Walmart is the one to thank for the drop/Amazon price match. I've been holding out, but (no) thanks to EA's $10 effort, I'm probably going to buy it new instead of picking it up used (and there aren't any used deals either). Look at the CAG marketplace, $48 is pretty good for new. Still haven't decided, but I may pull the trigger.

Wouldn't you just know it? I pulled the trigger late Saturday evening. This morning ME2 is $40 at amazon. Their policy is now to not match discounts -- even their own, when the price has dropped between purchase and shipment/charge time. Nor could I cancel the order.

I wrote amazon an email about their policy. Most large brick & mortar stores have at least a 7 day price match. Amazon responded promptly, politely telling me to suck it. Guess who won't be getting my game buying/trade-in business?

Hmm, I thought Amazon refunded you the difference in that case. I've never had any experience in that area though.

Still though, the game is absolutely worth $48, or even $60, especially since you are getting $15 DLC bundled with the game. I would easily say it's one of my 3 favorite 360 games.

You'll have better luck if you call Amazon and speak to someone on the phone.

I'd just reject the package on delivery and reorder it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You'll have better luck if you call Amazon and speak to someone on the phone.[/QUOTE]

I called and they gave me a "one-time account credit" for the $8 difference. Huzzah! Thanks for reminding me to be the squeaky wheel. :applause:

bread's done
Back