Mass Effect 2 CE PC codes on the 360?

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I have a sealed copy of ME2 CE for the 360. The problem is, I want to play the game. And it has to be on 360 because that's where my ME1 saved games are.

Now normally I don't care enough about game collecting and items gaining value, etc. and I actually buy/open my CE games to play the game and enjoy the included extras. But it appears that the ME2 CE for the 360 is pretty sought after, and by far the most valuable of my still sealed CEs.

I heard a rumor that if you purchase the PC version of the ME2 CE, you can use the DLC codes in it to unlock the CE bonuses for the 360 version. Is that true? If so, I would perhaps be willing to buy the PC CE on amazon, and open/use it in order to have the bundled extras (art book, etc) and the DLC codes. I could then borrow or buy a cheap vanilla copy of ME2 for the 360 in order to play, and be able to keep the ME2 CE I have for the 360 still sealed whilst still getting the "full CE experience" I originally bought the CE for.

My questions are twofold:

1) are the CE codes for ME2 CE even valid anymore? I heard that the "expiry date" was 1/1/2012, but there was a thread in the giveaways forums here where someone redeemed a PC ME2 CE DLC code about two weeks ago.

2) is it really true that you can get the DLC extras on a 360 copy of the game by redeeming the PC DLC codes?

P.S. yes, I am aware that I am "one game" behind. It takes me a while to get to some titles :).

The CE codes are still valid, I got a PC CE code for ME2 a week ago from someone on CAG. And no, a PC CE code only works for the PC version of the game. It only shows up as redeemed for the PC/MAC platform in your Bioware Account redeemed content

[quote name='MrPiggles']The CE codes are still valid, I got a PC CE code for ME2 a week ago from someone on CAG. And no, a PC CE code only works for the PC version of the game. It only shows up as redeemed for the PC/MAC platform in your Bioware Account redeemed content[/QUOTE]

If your experience is accurate (and I'm not saying it's not), then they must've changed how things work. I bought the PC version of the CE at launch, and that unlocked content for both the PC and 360 editions of the game. This applies to all the ME2 content I got...CE content, cerberus network, terminus gear, Dr Pepper gear, and so on. Next to each of the unlocked 360 content is a "More Info" link that tells me "Your promotional code included an unlock for both PC and Xbox 360 platforms..."

[quote name='Salamando3000']If your experience is accurate (and I'm not saying it's not), then they must've changed how things work. I bought the PC version of the CE at launch, and that unlocked content for both the PC and 360 editions of the game. This applies to all the ME2 content I got...CE content, cerberus network, terminus gear, Dr Pepper gear, and so on. Next to each of the unlocked 360 content is a "More Info" link that tells me "Your promotional code included an unlock for both PC and Xbox 360 platforms..."[/QUOTE]

Huh, then they really must of changed it. My Xbox 360 Cerebus Code unlocked the Cerebus Content for both Xbox 360 and PC, but the PC CE code only unlocked the Custom Edition Content for the PC. You can see it in the first page of my Bioware content page

Sna8r.jpg

I have all the Cerebus Network Stuff for both Xbox 360 and PC (unlocked only with by Xbox 360 Cerebus Code), but the PC CE only unlocked it for the PC

The CE stuff should work on all platforms. I had the 360 version and had the stuff on the PC unlocked also if I remember correctly.

Just confirming most of what was said here. I received my CE of the PC edition today.

I typed in the CE code in the steelbook and it did unlock the Collector's weapon and armor for both the 360 and the PC. It also seemed to unlock all the cerebus network content for the PC too. When I put in the cerebus network code (on the little card) though it did not seem to unlock anything extra (meaning no cerebus network items appear on my list for the 360). Apparently cerebus codes packed with the 360 version of the game unlock both PC and 360 (it explicitly says this in the PDF instructions available from bioware), but cerebus codes in the PC version boxes only unlock for 360.

So I guess I will need to get a cerebus network code for the 360 by buying ME2 vanilla "new", or buying the code separate and getting a used copy of the game. But at least I unlocked the collector's edition content for the 360 too. Now I can keep my 360 ME2 CE sealed :).

[quote name='blindinglights']It says ME2 CE weapon and armor for Xbox 360 further down that list. The Cerebus code alone wouldn't have unlocked it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. Didn't notice it #-o My bad

bread's done
Back