Mass Effect 2 Free (PC)

Porksta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
191 (100%)
Just got an email from Dragon Age II - sign into DA II using your EA account and follow the instructions to download your free copy of ME2 on the PC. Be on the lookout for the email.

You don't need the email. As long as you have DA2 associated with your EA account, you can get ME2 PC for free. Just go here: http://dragonage.bioware.com/me2offer

EDIT: It says you need to activate The Black Emporium DLC so anyone with a new copy or anyone who got the code from EA chat can get the game for free.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']You don't need the email. As long as you have DA2 associated with your EA account, you can get ME2 PC for free. Just go here: http://dragonage.bioware.com/me2offer

EDIT: It says you need to activate The Black Emporium DLC so anyone with a new copy or anyone who got the code from EA chat can get the game for free.[/QUOTE]

Even 360 players?

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']You don't need the email. As long as you have DA2 associated with your EA account, you can get ME2 PC for free. Just go here: http://dragonage.bioware.com/me2offer

EDIT: It says you need to activate The Black Emporium DLC so anyone with a new copy or anyone who got the code from EA chat can get the game for free.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link!

I've signed up for the newsletter 3 times and have never received a single email from them, so I would have missed this.

[quote name='gage006']I got DA2 on Steam and have my account registered. No email tho :([/QUOTE]
Hmm...I got the email offer and I haven't even purchased DA2, yet. I did play the DA: Legends beta, join their facebook fanpage & opt into the newsletter.

[quote name='Hsith']Even 360 players?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I am borrowing it from my friend for the 360 but I got the Black Emporium code from EA Chat

I have a free code for the first reply to my post (join date March 2011 or earlier) and I want it to go to someone thats actually going to use it and not try and resell it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have a free code for the first reply to my post (join date March 2011 or earlier) and I want it to go to someone thats actually going to use it and not try and resell it.[/QUOTE]

Can I have it plz?

I would highly appreciate a code, (im waiting for the response of someone so if he gives it to me give it to someone else) thank you.

Hmm, Bioware did something nice for once

Kidding aside, everyone who I know that purchased it got it for their console, because they didn't have a good enough PC to run it. That said, they seem reluctant to give up their code.:lol:

1. The Cerberus Network was not included in my 'Sequel Celebration' copy of Mass Effect 2.

The Cerberus Network is not included in this promotion, but is still available for purchase if you wish to access that content. For more information on the Cerberus Network, click here.

Guys you should note that The Cerberus Network is not included
  1. The Cerberus Network was not included in my 'Sequel Celebration' copy of Mass Effect 2.

The Cerberus Network is not included in this promotion, but is still available for purchase if you wish to access that content. For more information on the Cerberus Network, click here.

Even though a contest or something among those lines for those who already have the PC version to give out the code could be a good idea, I'll also sign up. If any kind soul wishes to send me an extra code, PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it I have ME2 on both the PC and 360 on the same account. Hell both of them are the CE too. Oh well it is nice of them to give a game away for free.

me too, i bought the game used and didn't get a code. anyone willing to gift me with one? i have the game on my gamerscore if you'd like to check.

xbl serophaze

someone have an additional code. i bought the game used and didn't get one. check the gamerscore.

xbl : serophaze

Just like to thank the OP for letting me know. I already beat DA2 so I probably would of never noticed the promo in the game.

Thanks for the heads up on the free game! Thank god someone dropped the code the other day in the xbox drop thread and I got it first.

[quote name='COLDblood']Thanks for the heads up on the free game! Thank god someone dropped the code the other day in the xbox drop thread and I got it first.[/QUOTE]

so, xbox too?

Yea speaking of which, is this an GFWL version? I don't really play non-achievement/trophy games anymore unfortunately (damn you trophies/achievements)

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Yea speaking of which, is this an GFWL version? I don't really play non-achievement/trophy games anymore unfortunately (damn you trophies/achievements)[/QUOTE]
Nope. This comes from the EA Store. Not affiliated with GFWL or Steam so no achievements.

As a heads-up they are now offering the Cerberus Network for free alongside this free copy of ME2. After getting your key to download ME2 you can look underneath it to activate the Cerberus Network and then download the files for free which include:

- Firewalker Pack (Hammerhead Vehicle)
- Zaeed The Price of Revenge (Extra teammate)
- Normandy Crash Site (Extra side mission)
- Cerberus Arc Projector (Heavy Weapon)
- Cerberus Weapon and Armor (Extra armor and shotgun)

[quote name='Captain Urahara']As a heads-up they are now offering the Cerberus Network for free alongside this free copy of ME2. After getting your key to download ME2 you can look underneath it to activate the Cerberus Network and then download the files for free which include:

- Firewalker Pack (Hammerhead Vehicle)
- Zaeed The Price of Revenge (Extra teammate)
- Normandy Crash Site (Extra side mission)
- Cerberus Arc Projector (Heavy Weapon)
- Cerberus Weapon and Armor (Extra armor and shotgun)[/QUOTE]

Is it a separate code?

[quote name='bs000']Is it a separate code?[/QUOTE]
No. You literally click an option which takes you to your registered game content and it adds in what I listed, but for the PC version. This allows you to download them.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']No. You literally click an option which takes you to your registered game content and it adds in what I listed, but for the PC version. This allows you to download them.[/QUOTE]

Since I got the ME2 code from a friend, I guess I'm SOL on the free Cerberus Network? What if I bought the DA2 online pass now? :eek:

[quote name='igame']Does anyone know if this applies to used copies of Dragon Age 2 on the 360 or only new copies?[/QUOTE]
You get the free copy of ME2 if you input your DA2's "Online Pass"(Black Emporium) code. They only come in new copies of DA2.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You get the free copy of ME2 if you input your DA2's "Online Pass"(Black Emporium) code. They only come in new copies of DA2.[/QUOTE]
Unless you get a code from EA Support Chat :p

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Unless you get a code from EA Support Chat :p[/QUOTE]

I did that when my code did not work at first and they gave me a code. Then the next day my code worked... now I have a spare.

Man, that is really cool of Bioware. I have been dying to play Mass Effect 2, now I am tempted to just go pick up DA2 just for the sake of playing ME2.

bread's done
Back