Mass Effect 2 ME 1 transfer question

5of9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
So i get ME2 and i'm a little po'd when i hear that how you played ME1 will affect ME2. I played ME 1 but deleted all the game info from my HD because of storage issues.

Imagine my surprise when i hit the tranfer ME 1 info, just for the hell of it, and there is my level 40 soldier from ME 1.

anyone know how or where game info is stored if it has been deleted? I hadn't signed into XBL yet so i know it wasn't transfered from my profile somehow.

thanx!

You had a save file on your hdd you didn't delete. There is no other way around it. You have to select the save to import it, you don't just magically start playing with your ME1 Shepherd, even if it's still on the hdd.

ME1 creates a hidden save after each completion. They can't be deleted, and the only time you see them is when importing your character.

I can't find it now, but there was a lengthy thread at BioWare's forum about the issue. Many members were upset that they couldn't remove some of the (sometimes dozens) unneeded saves.

[quote name='halfbent']You had a save file on your hdd you didn't delete. There is no other way around it. You have to select the save to import it, you don't just magically start playing with your ME1 Shepherd, even if it's still on the hdd.[/QUOTE]

there was no saved game. and no it did not "magically" appear. you have the option of selecting "y" to import a saved character, which i did even tho i thought theres' no way.

[quote name='Allnatural']ME1 creates a hidden save after each completion. They can't be deleted, and the only time you see them is when importing your character.

I can't find it now, but there was a lengthy thread at BioWare's forum about the issue. Many members were upset that they couldn't remove some of the (sometimes dozens) unneeded saves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this makes sense since i remember only doing one play thro with no additional saves.

bread's done
Back