Mass Effect 2 PC ~$31 (Xbox 360 ~$40) after $10 GC and 15% BCB

Not everyone views the $10 giftcard as a deduction to the value, since it's for a future purchase.

[quote name='Skoad']Not everyone views the $10 giftcard as a deduction to the value, since it's for a future purchase.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and cash back is 60 days later for the most part.

[quote name='Skoad']Not everyone views the $10 giftcard as a deduction to the value, since it's for a future purchase.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, misleading title.

I have no problem with people viewing the $10 giftcard as $10 off the value as long as they realize they are then paying $10 for the giftcard, instead of getting it for free. Yes, your net amount spent is going to be the same.

The big thing that I see around here and a few other places, is that some people like to think, using this case, the game is for $40 instead of $50, then later they get to use their giftcard on something else to get that $10 off as well, (let’s say this “something” is $10).

If you've validated both of the purchases this way, you’ve now made the deal more than what it really is, either you paid $40 for the game and $10 for the item, or $50 for the game and got the item for free.

But I do think that the title should state the pre-giftcard value for the game, because it'll still appease the people who want to view it as $10 off, but also appease the others who think it's simply a $10 giftcard.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']for anyone who placed an order, have you received the eGiftcard, and if so does it have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for all states, but in Connecticut it is against the law for gift cards to expire. I'd certainly hope that applies around the country.

funny, I'd normally get a game like this for my PC assuming the graphics will be a lot better than on the console...but if not for the fact I was able to get all the juicy 360 DLC that fateful morning.

as for unlawful GC's in CT expiring? what did TRU give out when ODST came with a $20 GC that was supposed to expire at the end of the month?

bread's done
Back