Mass Effect 2 PS3 $19.99 @ Best Buy & Amazon

im gonna skip this even at this price, gotta huge backlog plus i never played the first ME so i will never understand its story, and im not going to buy a system just for 1 game

[quote name='VaultDweller']im gonna skip this even at this price, gotta huge backlog plus i never played the first ME so i will never understand its story, and im not going to buy a system just for 1 game[/QUOTE]
The first ME was crap anyway. You'll understand the story fine. Kind of surprised you never bought ME 2 for xbox or pc yet. I don't even have an xbox but I distinctly remember buying lots of copies just to flip for $12-$16 each.

[quote name='PublikDefender']The first ME was crap anyway. You'll understand the story fine. Kind of surprised you never bought the game for xbox or pc though.[/QUOTE]
Story in 1>>>Story in 2. The RPG elements were much better as well.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Story in 1>>>Story in 2. The RPG elements were much better as well.[/QUOTE]
That's not an unfair statement. I suppose it is just a taste issue.

You should add to the title that it's $17.99 used. With unlocked it would be $16.20.

It says shipping is not available to my store or the next closest one. I'd have to drive 60-70 miles to pick it up... :(

[quote name='PublikDefender']The first ME was crap anyway. You'll understand the story fine. Kind of surprised you never bought ME 2 for xbox or pc yet. I don't even have an xbox but I distinctly remember buying lots of copies just to flip for $12-$16 each.[/QUOTE]

ME1 was better than ME2. ME2 was pretty much just Do main Quest>Get person on team>Loyalty quest>Main quest. The side-quests were dumb and really not that much fun to do.

still havent played this. After the buggy mess that dragon age was, and the fact that they never patched it, i vowed to not buy another Bioware game. Despite ME1 being my fave xbox game. I eventually said screw it and got it when it was like 18 bucks on amazon but have not got around to playing it.

I hear its much more of an action game which is disappointing. I guess they 'streamlined' it to be more mass appeal. I havent had a desire to test that out. Reading the comments here it seems like my fears are probably justified =( Still, for 20 bucks it may be worth picking up since it has all the DLC. The lack of transferable characters is weak though

I think somebody mentioned they saw it at this price at Target as well. Probably a universal price drop.

I bought this when it launched on PS3 earlier this year without having played ME1. I'm sure I missed out on some of the finer points of the story without having the background, but the prologue does a good job getting you familiar with different personalities and I found ME2 very easy to follow. Certainly not the greatest RPG of all time (or even this generation), but it certainly should be played if you have an interest in the genre.

I'm going to assume the PC version doesn't come with all the DLC, so that makes this PS3 version the more wallet smart choice?

I think if you have the 360 version of 1, it carries over some details of your decisions into 2, so it's better to stay with that platform if you already have it.

Don't think it's an MSRP drop, EA's online store still has it listed @ $60. Maybe it hasn't updated yet, IDK. This still trades in for $17 @ BB ($25.50 with the pre-order bonus trade in)....and I already saw this on Slickdeals. Hopefully folks that actually want a copy to PLAY will get it, as I see this being OOS by come morning.

strange that BB and target both dropped it at the same time.. maybe a universal drop planned for the coming week and they jumped the gun?

By the way i was wondering something. Does the ps3 versino have ALL the DLC? I think they released one more after it came out didn't they?

BTW @adezero
thats an awesome avatar! Thats Wakaba from SII right? I found it hilarious that she was way better than her master =P

If I didn't have this game already for the X360, I would definitely pick this up. It's such a great game so if you haven't picked this one up, you should do so now.

Is the Cerebus Network DLC on disc or a voucher because then I would consider looking for it used.

P.S if this is $19.99 at Target and Bestbuy then I could see Gamefly having a sale on it this week in 1 of their nightly deals.

Don't really have much time for games anymore but screw it. In for one, nice find op - Thanks!

[quote name='Kenshindono']strange that BB and target both dropped it at the same time.. maybe a universal drop planned for the coming week and they jumped the gun?

By the way i was wondering something. Does the ps3 versino have ALL the DLC? I think they released one more after it came out didn't they?

[/QUOTE]

I think it has everything except for exclusive Preorder bonuses and the very last DLC which is called Genesis.

[quote name='Gourd']I think it has everything except for exclusive Preorder bonuses and the very last DLC which is called Genesis.[/QUOTE]

I thought The Arrival wasn't on it as well?

[quote name='Gourd']I think it has everything except for exclusive Preorder bonuses and the very last DLC which is called Genesis.[/QUOTE]Genesis is the motion comic at the beginning of ME2 PS3 that gives you the main decision points you'd have from a PC or Xbox version of ME1 if you never played it, plus romance options.

[quote name='boogie4114']I thought The Arrival wasn't on it as well?[/QUOTE]That's correct. See about about Genesis.

[quote name='Gourd']I think it has everything except for exclusive Preorder bonuses and the very last DLC which is called Genesis.[/QUOTE]
Genesis is the "choose your own adventure" comic book to fill people in on Mass Effect 1 and let them create different story paths to import into ME2, which was pretty much made for the PS3 version (though it is available on the 360's Marketplace) and totally comes with the PS3 version. "The Arrival" is the last DLC (at least storywise).

Yes, the story from the first game is much better. And yes, it has better RPG elements (more skill trees, weapon upgrades). However, the second game has much better gameplay. In addition, the menus don't feel as clustered. But that could just be because you don't have the variety of weapons and upgrades that were in number one. It's almost worth Bioware scrapping all of that to not have to navigate through the menus in number one, though.

What the second part lacks in story, it more than makes up for in character development. The main story is just a continuation of the plot from the first game. Bioware decided to focus on the story of the characters in your squad for this one, as the overall plot wouldn't be enough to sustain gamers. Either way, if you haven't played either game, don't miss out on this series. And if you only have a PS3, just play number two. Yeah, it sucks to miss out on the first game, but it's better than missing out on the other two parts of what seems to be one of the greatest video game franchises ever.

Ok... I haven't played either ME1 or ME2... Which is the better platform to play them on... PC or PS3? I've been thinking about picking them up, and this price is pulling at me, but I want to be sure I don't regret my platform decision later... heh... opinions?

Great price for PS3 get this game if you haven't played it. I hope they bring back more RPG elements to ME3, but I still love this game and I would argue that combat is more strategic and thought provoking in ME2 than it is in ME1.

This is one of the games on my wish list for Christmas. I was going to wait until Black Friday to try to snag it, but I couldn't pass it up for this price. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Kenshindono']still havent played this. After the buggy mess that dragon age was, and the fact that they never patched it, i vowed to not buy another Bioware game. Despite ME1 being my fave xbox game. I eventually said screw it and got it when it was like 18 bucks on amazon but have not got around to playing it.

I hear its much more of an action game which is disappointing. I guess they 'streamlined' it to be more mass appeal. I havent had a desire to test that out. Reading the comments here it seems like my fears are probably justified =( Still, for 20 bucks it may be worth picking up since it has all the DLC. The lack of transferable characters is weak though[/QUOTE]
dragon age was made by a different studio in Texas (I think its in texas). The mass effect games are largely made by the original bioware team. Basically the team that made kotor, jade dragon, and various other games in the 2000s. Essentially, its a game made by the original bioware company. I'd expect good things from mass effect 2 on the ps3.

I wouldn't worry too much about the game selling out or hoarders. I'm am pretty sure this is a permanent price drop. Target is also doing this at 19.99. Just look at the best Buy listing. It doesn't even say "On Sale" or anything. So yeah, this looks like a permanent price drop. I'll wait for a BOGO 50% off sale and get this and another 20 buck game for 15 each. But thanks for the post OP, good to know

Couple quick questions. Is this a first person or third person game? Also, if you've never played the first one, will you still be good?

It's a third person shooter. There's a motion comic at the beginning that allows you to carry over the important decisions from the first game. I never played the first but had no problems playing through this one and understanding everything. Great game, easily in my top 5 this gen

[quote name='JP73']I wouldn't worry too much about the game selling out or hoarders. I'm am pretty sure this is a permanent price drop. Target is also doing this at 19.99. Just look at the best Buy listing. It doesn't even say "On Sale" or anything. So yeah, this looks like a permanent price drop. I'll wait for a BOGO 50% off sale and get this and another 20 buck game for 15 each. But thanks for the post OP, good to know

Couple quick questions. Is this a first person or third person game? Also, if you've never played the first one, will you still be good?[/QUOTE]

This is a third person game, and I played this before the first one and I was fine.. The controls in this game are so refined if you play this first like I did the original gameplay mechanics just seem broken..

bread's done
Back