Mass Effect 2 - Xbox 360 - $19.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='gryphter']ME2 is my game of the year so far. To get it brand new (with Cerberus code) for $20 is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, GOTY. Red Dead and Alan Wake are close seconds for me too, and Fable and Fallout aren't even out yet. Damn this has been a great year.

No GOTY has been announced yet, but even so, this for $20 is great, and with that "spend 2400 points, get 800 points back" deal on microsoft points this month, the DLC is also a steal.

[quote name='Jay']How long is this game?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much you explore and do side missions. Just doing main storyline took me about 30 hours or so.

This has my vote for game of the year as well.

I'd rebuy it on the PC at this price except that I tried the PC demo out the other day and although it was amazing seeing the game run in 1080p at 60fps+ with all the eye candy turned up, I didn't like how the PC version doesn't support controllers, it's keyboard+mouse only.

took me 40 hours and I loved all 40 of them. There are just a few games I can think of (and can count on 1 hand) where I want them to never end. This is one of them (my opinion, of course)

Gonna be a while for the GOTY - they arent done with DLC yet also the PS3 version isnt even coming out until January.

Also Lair of the Shadow Broker is quite possibly the best DLC content ever made for a video game thus far (expansions included!)

I'm guessing a GOTY edition as well considering the PS3 version is out in January which will probably have most if not all the DLC.

But if you don't care about DLC outside of the Cerebus code (which is in this) valued at $15 - this is the steal of the year for a new copy.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Hard to believe there are people out there who don't already own this. $20 is a killer deal.[/QUOTE]

It has only sold around two million copies out there - if that - so there are plenty out there who don't own it. I wish a quarter of those who bought Halo or Call of Duty would buy something else for a change.

I'm having trouble with this. I enjoyed Mass Effect all the way up to the point were my save got corrupted, and haven't played it sense out of spite. I told myself I would get this game, but now I'm having trouble doing it! Somebody knock some sense into me!!!

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Would pick it up but no idea what to add for $5.[/QUOTE]

Some socks? Maybe a book? Or order it with another game you plan on preordering.

For those of you that don't frequent the Blockbuster thread and don't care whether it's new, it dropped to $9.99 used there.

Been meaning to get into this series for a while, just haven't had the time, picked up Mass Effect 1+2 for $40 shipped.

Pretty sure you can sell or trade the Cerberus Network Code when bought new. Just saying. :roll:

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Some socks? Maybe a book? Or order it with another game you plan on preordering.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Added Fable III to my cart.

I've heard there were a lot of issues with ME1 -- would I be okay if I jumped into ME2 without ever touching ME1 or will I be completely and utterly lost?

[quote name='awp']For those of you that don't frequent the Blockbuster thread and don't care whether it's new, it dropped to $9.99 used there.[/QUOTE]

ME2? Cool i'm getting it today then, even though i'm 7 minutes into the first one.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I've heard there were a lot of issues with ME1 -- would I be okay if I jumped into ME2 without ever touching ME1 or will I be completely and utterly lost?[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be totally lost. They do a decent job at telling you what happened in the first game. Although if you do play Mass Effect 1 first then you will enjoy this game so much more. There are many references to the first game from events that took place to characters coming back. I highly recommend playing the first one, but it is not a necessity.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Some socks? Maybe a book? Or order it with another game you plan on preordering.[/QUOTE]
What happens if you cancel the preorder later on because there is a better deal elsewhere? Would Amazon charge you the shipping for the shipped game because the total would fall under $25?

the only reason I'm not picking this up is i havent gotten around to ME1 yet but i might just pick this up anyway heard way to much good to pass on $20

How much would it cost to buy all of the available DLC for this? I'm not in any hurry to play this so I can and probably will wait for a PH version.

[quote name='shosh']i don't understand what the cerberus code is even for. is it to grant you the ability to buy DLC?[/QUOTE]
No, you can still buy the other DLC through the Marketplace. The Ceberus Network was a DLC pack available at launch: extra missions, extra character, gear. They released another mission pack a little later that is included.

[quote name='pholly']How much would it cost to buy all of the available DLC for this? I'm not in any hurry to play this so I can and probably will wait for a PH version.[/QUOTE]
"Worth It" Content: (1920 points)

Kasumi's Memory - 560 points (extra character with loyalty mission and gear)
Overlord - 560 points (set of missions with gear)
Lair of the Shadow Broker - 800 (big set of missions to extend story line, and gear)

"Frivolous" Content: (640 points)

Firepower Pack - 160 points (gear)
Aegis Pack - 160 points (gear)
Equalizer Pack - 160 points (gear)
Alternate Appearance Pack 1 - 160 points (alternate appearance for three characters)

Total: 2560 points

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skoad']No, you can still buy the other DLC through the Marketplace. The Ceberus Network was a DLC pack available at launch: extra missions, extra character, gear. They released another mission pack a little later that is included.

Overlord - 560 points (increases level cap to 35, set of missions with gear)
Lair of the Shadow Broker - 800 (big set of missions to extend story line, and gear)

Alternate Appearance Pack 1 - 160 points (alternate appearance for three characters)

Total: 2560 points[/QUOTE]

If you spend 2400 Microsoft points in ocotober, you automatically get 800 back for free.

Also, I work at Target and ME2 got a price cut to $19.99 today also. So if you'd rather go to a store, it should be that price everywhere since it's not a clearance or sale price.

You might want to add the the OP and/or title.

[quote name='Skoad']

Overlord - 560 points (increases level cap to 35, set of missions with gear)

Total: 2560 points[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the break down.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']My $20 credit for Halo Reach is looking even better right now...[/QUOTE]

THIS. I got it for "free." I was hoping this would go to $20 soon, it's been hovering around $27 or so on Amazon, and I had it in my cart the past few days trying to decide whether or not to pay only $7 for it. Glad I waited :)

Can't believe Blockbuster beat Amazon on this one for me. I bought this today for $9.99+tax. It's a good thing I like used games though. Well, I like used mint games like the one I found. :p

i got me1 at launch and beat it. then i bought dlc for it but never played it. thats why i am waiting for me2 ph or goty. besides, its nice not to install it since my hdd is low on space and im not buying new hardware for a system that is nearing the end of its lifecycle.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It has only sold around two million copies out there - if that - so there are plenty out there who don't own it. I wish a quarter of those who bought Halo or Call of Duty would buy something else for a change.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Basically anyone with a PS3 who doesn't have a 360 needs to buy one and play the original mass effect and the sequel.

[quote name='friedram']Yeah, I agree. Basically anyone with a PS3 who doesn't have a 360 needs to buy one and play the original mass effect and the sequel.[/QUOTE]

or play it on the pc ;)

bread's done
Back