Mass Effect 3 $29.83 @ walmart.ca

I'm seriously never going to buy an EA game day-1 ever again. I didn't buy ME3 (no interest), but SSX was on sale for $40 less than two weeks after its release. Now ME3 is half off? Geez.

Good deal for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet, but this sucks for everyone who bought it "early".

[quote name='DMPugh']I'm seriously never going to buy an EA game day-1 ever again. I didn't buy ME3 (no interest), but SSX was on sale for $40 less than two weeks after its release. Now ME3 is half off? Geez.

Good deal for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet, but this sucks for everyone who bought it "early".[/QUOTE]

I guess you get this game on release to avoid spoilers. I've never seen such blatant inconsiderateness for spoilers than with this game. Gamespot had freaking headlines that allowed for way too much inference on the ending! I really wanted to gut whoever was responsible.

I've been pretty careful about spoilers. There's one major element about the ending that has been pretty heavily implied that I haven't been able to avoid, but it's one I pretty much expected.

Even buying on release only provides a short window for trying to avoid spoilers. I can't finish a 10 hour game in less than a month,
never mind a game this massive.

It looks like it was a pricing error.

A friend of mine successfully placed an order for the PS3 version just before I posted this thread. Looks like Walmart changed the price soon after.

[quote name='Bewildered']Was the deal only for an hour or so?No longer there[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I should be angry that ME3 is already $30 or the fact that I missed out on the lightning deal.

Likely a pricing error or they sold too much stock. RFD tweeted it about this time yesterday and I checked 20 minutes after that and it was sold out.

Well, I just added to my cart with your link and it is showing up as $29 now.
...hmmm....should I get it...
I still need to play ME2. I do have it I just haven't had time to get through it.

How fast are their shipping? I would order it and return it for the price I had paid earlier in the month. Or PM it.

[quote name='strife18']Well after I ordered it today with the $0.97 shipping, it is estimating delivery date to be April 4th.[/QUOTE]
Their shipping is the slowest in the world I believe lol
I bought arkham city when it was on sale for $30 and it took forever so I bought it in store and returned the copy that came in the mail

[quote name='bomberman447']Their shipping is the slowest in the world I believe lol
I bought arkham city when it was on sale for $30 and it took forever so I bought it in store and returned the copy that came in the mail[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but maybe the slow shipping will allow me to beat ME2 before ME3 is delivered ;)

[quote name='strife18']Good idea, but maybe the slow shipping will allow me to beat ME2 before ME3 is delivered ;)[/QUOTE]
I was fine with it as i just got a 3ds and have a massive backlog of games already yet only really play Forza 4. It is getting shipped to my office though so I don't have to worry about driving to the depot as they never leave things at my home.

[quote name='strife18']Well after I ordered it today with the $0.97 shipping, it is estimating delivery date to be April 4th.[/QUOTE] I don't think that's bad, only a week. I just ordered and their estimate is April 2nd.

I just passed by a wal mart at jane & hwy 7 just outside Toronto. They got the ps3 version at $29.83 and the 360 at regular price.

Just ordered! I was waiting for this to drop in price, but didn't think it would so soon! I wanted to replay ME2 and get through some of my backlog first, but don't think ME3 is going to drop past this price for a long long while. Thanks OP!

My estimated delivery date is April 9 which isn't too bad and gives me some time to play ME2.

damn site isn't taking my credit card. Do you think I'll have luck PMing this at a future shop? Theres not really any Walmarts close to me
edit: nevermind I had the billing address as my current address even though I haven't changed that with my bank since I've moved.

Price match @ best buy was successfull for $30 after tax
traded in 5 old Rockband/Guitar Hero games for $7
promo of trade 3 games get $10 credit

total price of a whopping $12.02

Awww_yeah.jpg

[quote name='Pajo']Price match @ best buy was successfull for $30 after tax
traded in 5 old Rockband/Guitar Hero games for $7
promo of trade 3 games get $10 credit

total price of a whopping $12.02
[/QUOTE]

damn, I wish I PMed it instead of actually orderng it online.

Holy crap!
I ordered it during the day on Wednesday and it got delivered today! The package said it was expedited, pretty damn good for $0.97 shipping.
lol, well it didn't give me time to play ME2...

[quote name='pajo']traded in 5 old rockband/guitar hero games for $7[/quote]

lol!

Oh yeah, I also got the game on Friday.

Jump on the MP. There isn't a ton of variety on maps or enemies but the slot machine loot deployment is addictive and Bioware has been doing a lot of in-game community events.

I'm happy for the CAGs getting this deal... but for me I am never... repeat NEVER buying a 360 game at full price again.

[quote name='eataburger']I'm happy for the CAGs getting this deal... but for me I am never... repeat NEVER buying a 360 game at full price again.[/QUOTE]

I've been there before. It's always a risk on anything. For me it usually comes down to the value of the game, and how much I want to support the devs. There are only a few franchises I'm willing to buy week one, and my backlog is so high even those few I don't usually play until well after a price drop.

[quote name='eataburger']I'm happy for the CAGs getting this deal... but for me I am never... repeat NEVER buying a 360 game at full price again.[/QUOTE]Heh, it took you until near the end of the generation to come to that? :D Truthfully, there's the hype that comes into play which you can't factor. It's irrational, but it makes you wanna be there day one.

[quote name='No One']Heh, it took you until near the end of the generation to come to that? :D Truthfully, there's the hype that comes into play which you can't factor. It's irrational, but it makes you wanna be there day one.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about Ac3. I love 1 & 2 and got irritated with Brotherhood and Revelations, but I'll be damned if I'm not super excited for a new time period and some Brotherhood of the Wolf action.

Thanks OP! Picked up my copy for $29.83 at the Walmart in Barrhaven (Ottawa). Price is marked as $29.83 on the shelf and they have at least 30-40 copies for both 360 and PS3.

Not sure what happened, but after the price protection adjustment from BB I ended up paying $11.42 for this game plus getting $20 back in RZ points... Wish they'd pay me to buy games more often.

[quote name='Jamaal23']Not sure what happened, but after the price protection adjustment from BB I ended up paying $11.42 for this game plus getting $20 back in RZ points... Wish they'd pay me to buy games more often.[/QUOTE]
:hot:
:applause:
how do I recreate this?

[quote name='Naylord']how do I recreate this?[/QUOTE]

Just random luck. I pre-ordered mine during the E3 sale, so it was $44. I emailed BB customer support requesting the price adjustment (game on sale for $30 at Walmart) and they ended up giving me back a little over $33. They knew they needed to match the price and give the extra 10% of the difference, but they just screwed up whatever calculations.

bread's done
Back