Mass Effect 3 CE $19.99 at Gamestop *PS3 Only

[quote name='The Punisher']Oh, when said drop in price, i mean will the ce be more rare like mass effect 1 ce? Deciding if i should sell it or wait it out and sell later down the road.[/QUOTE]

This CE has been readily available for below msrp since launch. Neither of the first two were that way. So i have no idea why you'd think this will rise in value or become rare. They probably made boat loads of these.

[quote name='The Punisher']GS said that there is no dlc. Its the same 3 games, but repackaged release on both consoles. I dont know if its true[/QUOTE]
The Mass Effect Trilogy DLC included differs depending on the platform, and of the ones detailed so far (PC/360) much of it is not included. Details about the PS3 version have not yet been revealed, but I would assume the worst (I bought the $10 Best Buy Collector's Edition for the From Ashes code just in case).

:pc:: ME1 Bring Down the Sky, Pinnacle Station; ME2 Cerberus Pass; ME3 online pass
:360:: ME1 nothing, ME2 Cerberus Pass; ME3 online pass
:ps3:: ME1 ???, ME2 ???, ME3 ???

Note missing ME2 [Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker] (on-disc on existing version of :ps3: ME2), ME2 Arrival; ME3 From Ashes, Leviathan, Omega.

Also note that :ps3: ME3 Collector's Edition steelbook is DVD sized (larger case like :360: games) rather than Blu-ray sized, if that bothers you (it bothers me!).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Punisher']Why is everyone getting this if they about to release the trilogy edition? ( i dont like the packaging besides the outer box)

Once the trilogy is released, will the CE brand new sealed drop in price?
[/QUOTE]
Why not? The CE comes with DLC, an art book and different packaging. The trilogy would have been a no brainer for me, but I think I read that ME1 would be a voucher code to download. Considering I already own ME2 and ME3 on disc, getting it serves no purpose to me as I can just buy ME1 straight off PSN

As for the CE dropping in price, its already rare as it is. The only store Ive seen near me carry it in the last couple of weeks is WM. Id say anyone that is remotely interested and can find it at this price to pick it up bc odds of getting it in a couple of months drop

[quote name='GamerDude316']Cant believe I paid $80 for this at release....[/QUOTE]

I would gladly do it again. $80 to get: $60 base game, $10 From Ashes DLC, $10 for weapons, clothes, robot dog, avatar prop, digital soundtrack, lithograph, patch, art book, and comic book. And I can't discount the fact that I was able to play through the game spoiler free (I didn't visit any websites that were remotely video game related for five days) was well worth the $80 asking price.

Now for these people who pay $150 for Collector's Editions just because it includes some plastic figurines? That to me is a ripoff, but to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
wish I would of seen this yesterday, probably too late to get it now by the time I get off work. Website says instock (not low stock) for my store, but I called and they said they didn't have any in stock which seems fishy.

Wish I would've known about this yesterday. I was at GS trading in a few games. Would've definitely picked it up while I was there. Oh well. Just another reason to go look at games :cool:

Reasons I'm not getting the trilogy:

-Mass Effect 1 is a good but glitchy and unpolished game compared to the second and third.
-Mass Effect 2 has insane loading screens. I'm not going to ever replay it again because of those damn 50 second loacing screens.

So that leaves only the third I want to play. Why would I spend $60 on the trilogy when I can play what I want for $20?

Thanks OP! Picked up a CE at my local GS. Was sealed and not gutted =)
There are a few left in the Orlando Fl area in case anyone is still searching.

Cheers

I managed to go to the closest GS near me which had it while at work today. Unfortunately it was a floor copy, but since it was the only one in stock, I took it. The slips not in the best condition but artbook and steel case weren’t open so I was fine with that. Now just need to go trade in my standard ME at BB during the 100% credit.

On a side note, this was the first purchase I made at a GS in god knows how long. Guy was nice but I got annoyed with how many stuff he was trying to sell me. I just politely told him I was only here for this CE. Glad he was cool and wasn’t pushy as Ive heard that some have experienced in the past

I have no regrets paying $80 for the CE at launch either. Granted I have never finished the campaign, and havent touched the game since easter weekend lol.

[quote name='oasisboy']$2.97 a gallon over here (Yukon, Oklahoma)[/QUOTE]

Small world! I got to Yukon & Mustang all the time for work (cover high school football games). Live in Norman myself!

Shit. Will probably jump on this if I can find one in stock. I already have the game for 360 so I'd probably just want to keep all the goodies and toss the game over to Best Buy for $16.

[quote name='The Punisher']Why is everyone getting this if they about to release the trilogy edition? ( i dont like the packaging besides the outer box)

Once the trilogy is released, will the CE brand new sealed drop in price?

FYI- I saw gs employee putting the sticker on the CE and said that they dont have the other stuff. YMMV i guess but good to call and see if they have all the ce stuff.[/QUOTE]

It gives you a decent DLC that is $10 MSRP. And the extras code (4 guns, in game hoodie etc) sells for $10-$20 on eBay. So $10 for a steelbook (even if it is a crappy one), $10 DLC, Artbook and the game seems like a good deal to me.

I got mine "sealed" but it just had two circle stickers one on each side. pretty sure they've gone through the contents, so not sure if I should keep it or not.
anyone get one that was actually sealed? is it supposed to be shrink wrapped?

[quote name='Ralph444']Reasons I'm not getting the trilogy:

-Mass Effect 1 is a good but glitchy and unpolished game compared to the second and third.
-Mass Effect 2 has insane loading screens. I'm not going to ever replay it again because of those damn 50 second loacing screens.

So that leaves only the third I want to play. Why would I spend $60 on the trilogy when I can play what I want for $20?[/QUOTE]

When did ME2 have insane loading screens? I've played through twice and I've never encountered anything like that...

[quote name='aznhero913']Just got back from GS and got a purchase credit...

I haven't opened mine yet, what DLC is included in the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

From Ashes. You recruit a protheon soldier to your team.

Pretty good back story with some tidbits, but the gameplay itself is lackluster. But if you're a fan it's nice. I like Leviathan much better as the story was great, the gameplay was good but repetitive.

Omega is (or has) came out. It's supposed to e the biggest DLC of any of the ME games. Which is actually saying a lot as the shadow broker DLC was like 6-8 hours and was really good.

[quote name='itzd4n']I got mine "sealed" but it just had two circle stickers one on each side. pretty sure they've gone through the contents, so not sure if I should keep it or not.
anyone get one that was actually sealed? is it supposed to be shrink wrapped?[/QUOTE]

If i remember correctly from when I bought mine at launch it was not shrink wrap and all it had was the 2 circle stickers you're talking about.

[quote name='itzd4n']I got mine "sealed" but it just had two circle stickers one on each side. pretty sure they've gone through the contents, so not sure if I should keep it or not.
anyone get one that was actually sealed? is it supposed to be shrink wrapped?[/QUOTE]

When I first picked one up when it dropped to $30, I said WTF? it's been gutted and re-stickered. So I went on YT to look at some unpackaging videos and the 3 I saw all had just the two circle stickers on the ends. So I'm pretty confident that's how they were originally shipped, stickers and no shrinkwrap.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Small world! I got to Yukon & Mustang all the time for work (cover high school football games). Live in Norman myself![/QUOTE]

+1 to the Yukon list. Gonna have to have a pow-wow one day.

And to stay on topic... going to pick one up near my work. I'm a sucker for cheap CE's, regardless of whether it's a crap game or not!

ok thanks for the feedback guys. only reason I thought that was because the box with the additional content behind the steelbook was crushed/bent inward but the outer sleeve was fine. knowing that's how it comes makes me feel at ease, too bad gs items like this are hardly stored properly as the outer sleeve on mine is all scratched up

[quote name='TooPoor']And 4.25 is after it dropped couple days ago from 4.9.
Sigh...
And it takes literally 40 minutes to wait to fill up at Costco.[/QUOTE]

I did my internship in Los Angeles back in 2003 and swore that would never live in California due to high taxes and high cost of living.

[quote name='Readthepost']To the guy who got sealed copies, was the box completely wrapped or just 2 round stickers on the sides?[/QUOTE]

My copies from Amazon + Best Buy only had the 2 round stickers, so I would be very surprised if Gamestop was any different.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']My copies from Amazon + Best Buy only had the 2 round stickers, so I would be very surprised if Gamestop was any different.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick reply.

The GS here had one copy, opened, and the steelbook was dented. Why does Gamestop open these things and treat them like crap? This is a "collector's edition"...someone needs to tell them what a collector wants.

LOL dicks, I called in the morning asking if they had any in stock and the person on the phone must have just pretended to check and then told me no So it WAS a conspiracy, as I thought it was weird that the website said in stock but there were none there. So I stopped in anyway, and the computer said there were 3 in stock, and after 10 minutes of searching the various drawers, they finally found it. Mine is also sealed the same, with 2 clear, round stickers.

the game is not shrink wrap. Like others said, it does have those circle stickers, but i do notice that gamestop does have them too. I saw the manager yesterday applying it to a gutted copy while another employee was helping me find a game. Glad to hear some CAG was able to find it.

The reason why im asking if its going to be rare or go up in value because i found 3 CE xbox 360 copies awhile back. I want to keep one and not sure about the other two. I can either return or sell it on ebay. Any ideas?

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']When did ME2 have insane loading screens? I've played through twice and I've never encountered anything like that...[/QUOTE]
The xbox version had some long-ish loading times. They weren't really that long but people like to over exaggerate. If you install the game they were much faster and hardly an inconvenience.

My problem with the trilogy edition is the cost. Why pay more than $40 for 3 games I can get individually for less than that price already.

[quote name='Woocls']The xbox version had some long-ish loading times. They weren't really that long but people like to over exaggerate. If you install the game they were much faster and hardly an inconvenience.

My problem with the trilogy edition is the cost. Why pay more than $40 for 3 games I can get individually for less than that price already.[/QUOTE]

I got ME 1 for $7.99
Mass effect 2 $5

the only reason if A. ps3 B. people that never/play the first two
Im glad i got both at best buy. YMMV for ME1 since it's sold out lonline but BB maybe able to price match in store.

[quote name='The Punisher']the game is not shrink wrap. Like others said, it does have those circle stickers, but i do notice that gamestop does have them too. I saw the manager yesterday applying it to a gutted copy while another employee was helping me find a game. Glad to hear some CAG was able to find it.

The reason why im asking if its going to be rare or go up in value because i found 3 CE xbox 360 copies awhile back. I want to keep one and not sure about the other two. I can either return or sell it on ebay. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

well it depends how much those are, but from what I've heard the 360 me ce's are rarer and more valuable than the ps3 ones. so it may be worth your time to grab them as well if you plan on holding on to it for later.

Some thoughts. I didnt expect the steelbook to be DVD size. I was hoping and thought it would be the size of a bluray case. Bc the package is so big, it cant fit upright in my TV stand alongside the rest of my games

I also noticed that the disc art for the game is different than the standard. Is this how most CE discs are? I expected it to be the same

[quote name='itzd4n']well it depends how much those are, but from what I've heard the 360 me ce's are rarer and more valuable than the ps3 ones. so it may be worth your time to grab them as well if you plan on holding on to it for later.[/QUOTE]

Well I got it from Target. I was looking for harddrives and said what the hack enter the sku on those price checkers. I was disappointed about sold out hard drive and saw xbox 360 ME3 CE in stock. The funny thing is that I never saw these displayed on the sells floor when it came out. So after 15 mins waiting a trainee found it in the stockroom. Look brand new with no spider wrap. Even the trainee was shocked that they had them in stock.

So, I got ME 1 and ME 2 at BB ($7.99,$5 + tax) and the ME3 CE so it's cheaper then the Trilogy that is coming out. The only thing I like from the trilogy is the outer box and re-release on other consoles. I dont have a PS3, but glad PS3 owners can enjoy this epic game. (I like both consoles, but I like the xbox dashboard and games.)

[quote name='woz3323']The GS here had one copy, opened, and the steelbook was dented. Why does Gamestop open these things and treat them like crap? This is a "collector's edition"...someone needs to tell them what a collector wants.[/QUOTE]

The GS in Edmond, OK (Danforth) had a copy but it didn't have the original case because "it was stolen". Weird. On my way to a location in OKC who has 1 copy left (already called).

Picked up ME3 ce for the pc to go along with the first two from the Origin fall sale. Already have the 360 ce, are the contents (minus codes) going for enough on ebay to cover a good part of the cost?

Thanks OP. Bought one today at GS. It was one of the Gamestop "newsed" games. It was opened and a little dinged up. It is in much better condition than the 360 CE I bought from amazon warehouse deals that was smashed.

I'm probably the only person that is happy it's a full sized DVD steelbook because I can use it to replace my smashed 360 CE. Hopefully the BB TIV holds so I can get $16 for the ps3 disc after 100% bonus.

bread's done
Back