Mass Effect 3 CE (PS3) in stock at Amazon

I found the Amazon availability earlier today when I was scrambling to to fix Kmart's pre-order disaster. I ordered my collectors from Kmart with the $20 pre-order credit and guess what... today no game. I called them up and the person from India informed me it was a presale and they didn't even HAVE COPIES and once they scrounge them up to fulfill orders they'd let me know. Not cool since it was supposed to be at my house today. Needless to say I searched every store and nothing. I just happned to pop over to amazon and was pleasantly surprised. If you use DSCVRSHP in the code box and pay with a discover card you get free 1 day shipping. So now I'll have my copy tomorrow/wednesday. Not to mention they let me use the $30 discover cashback credit I had saved up to pay for part of the game. Everything worked out even better.

Just goes to show that now that Josh is gone... Kmart is officially done, at least for me.

Anyone think the PC version will end up being fairly common? Looking at ME2 Collector's Edition, the PC version is $30 and the 360 version is $200+...why is that?

[quote name='nekobi']Any word on if these are getting reprinted? Amazon has them for order (360) but ships in 8-9 days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah now it's looking like they might get reprinted because I was able to add 999 to my cart, but it'd ship 8-9 days. Then again, I'm not really sure.

[quote name='confoosious']ugh. my amazon copy was poorly packaged and the outer box was creased.

now I'm trying to get them to send me another.[/QUOTE]

I know dam mine was the same way you could practically opened the box and stick something else in. The worse I have seen to date. At least use scotch tape.

[quote name='confoosious']ugh. my amazon copy was poorly packaged and the outer box was creased.

now I'm trying to get them to send me another.[/QUOTE]

That sucks to hear. Hope they resolve it. I guess I got lucky, the box mine came in was very secure and looks like it was handled well. My copy came in minty.

I am very glad they didn't ship these in a bubble mailer like Best Buy did.

Someone is gonna get my amazon return in the AWD for a nice price.

thanks to whoever said it was back in stock. I ordered another one right away and amazon just fixed everything. Sucks I won't get it till the 19th but whatever. Hope it's minty.

I've got a BB one coming in the mail tomorrow or Thurs. Hope that's in a box.

Sigh they shouldn't have reprinted edit: if thats whats going on. There's going to be a shit ton of returns on this haha

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Sigh they shouldn't have reprinted. There's going to be a shit ton of returns on this haha[/QUOTE]

So we are positive there is a reprint? I will probably cancel my order if that is the case.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']So we are positive there is a reprint? I will probably cancel my order if that is the case.[/QUOTE]
No, but I don't see how else Amazon will have some to ship in 8-9 days unless they're getting more.

I got my XBOX 360 CE version today, was excited, run at home, hurry to open it and ... WAS DISAPOINTED. Let me explain.
Compare to the MASS EFFECT 2 CE, the quality of ME 3 CE is just miles away. Let start with the metal case - in the ME 3 CE it is a steelpack, not steelbook case as in the ME 2 CE. The steelpack is very thin metal which easy can behd and ding, nothing to compare to the sturdy steelbook case of ME 2. Than the hinges are cheap and the plastic insert in the case is much less qualited, the discs are either to hard to remove or too easy to remove,. Like in my case where I received my copy with one of the discs loose inside (thankfully was not scratched at all). The art book and comic in ME 3 are nice, but the paper quality is worst thain IN ME 2 and the 4X6 litographic print is just a print on thick cardboard, nothing holographic or so.
ALL and all I have both ME 2 CE and ME 3 CE and by my oppinion ME 2 CE is far superior quality and almost every aspect. It is shame that EA went cheap and fail to end the series with rememberable CE version of the game

[quote name='confoosious']

I've got a BB one coming in the mail tomorrow or Thurs. Hope that's in a box.[/QUOTE]

Nope, bubble mailer. I know because that's how I got mine.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']So we are positive there is a reprint? I will probably cancel my order if that is the case.[/QUOTE]

If they reprinted these, they would likely reprint both PS3 and 360. If they reprinted one, then they would have reprinted the 360 version since that's the one that sold out faster. The PS3 version was easier to find.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No, but I don't see how else Amazon will have some to ship in 8-9 days unless they're getting more.[/QUOTE]

Returns, it's likely they're seeing some returns and organizing them to their Lexington KY warehouse. They use UPS ground for returns, which takes about 4-6 days, plus a few days leeway.

[quote name='Vinny']If they reprinted these, they would likely reprint both PS3 and 360. If they reprinted one, then they would have reprinted the 360 version since that's the one that sold out faster. The PS3 version was easier to find.

Returns, it's likely they're seeing some returns and organizing them to their Lexington KY warehouse. They use UPS ground for returns, which takes about 4-6 days, plus a few days leeway.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I guess that could be the case didn't think of returns. I guess in my case I wait and see how long this is available and I'll return mine if it's available for too long.

Im really torn on selling my CE, from hardcore fans this game kinda sucks. and with starting a new job, just dont really have the time.

Want this in the future but ive got a regular edition arriving soon

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']looks like there will be a reprint. the pc version has "more on the way order now to reserve yours".[/QUOTE]

It is WAY too early to unequivocally say there has been a reprint. Amazon could just be consolidating inventory that wasn't shipped out or was cancelled prior to shipment. If a reprint happens, it won't happen on the day of launch.

[quote name='shivan128']Gonna return my copy of the CE based on the numerous copies out there. Will wait for a much lower price drop to rebuy.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']looks like there will be a reprint. the pc version has "more on the way order now to reserve yours".[/QUOTE]

Bioware lied to us then. I feel used now.

[quote name='kellte2']It is WAY too early to unequivocally say there has been a reprint. Amazon could just be consolidating inventory that wasn't shipped out or was cancelled prior to shipment. If a reprint happens, it won't happen on the day of launch.[/QUOTE]

Good point kel. Voice of reason.

[quote name='Donut2922']Bioware lied to us then. I feel used now.[/QUOTE]

If there is a reprint, EA would've probably pushed Bioware to do it. Cause EA loves milking people.

[quote name='confoosious']basically a crease in the top and bottom and the flimsy box next to the steelbook.

I think Amazon's packaging is basically up to whoever picks the item. Sometimes I get tiny items in a huge box. (That's not what she said.) The person who did mine apparently thought it'd be ok to use the fold up envelope type box that barely is bigger than the game box. It's the one that basically isn't even a box. So of course, it got squashed in transit.

Chatted with Amazon and the guy said basically he had to wait for it to come back into stock and then he'd create a replacement order for me. When told that it was a limited item, he said he was sure they'd get more in stock.

Amazon is usually great by me. Hope they find a cancelled order and package it right this time.

edit: weird, when I first posted, this thread didn't say PS3 right? I have the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Same deal in the copy I received from Amazon, they used one of those psuedo-boxes where you tear the strip and it comes apart. The cardboard box insert was bent, although the outer slide cover seemed ok. Either way, called and asked for a replacement to be shipped when available.

I'm getting frustrated with Amazon because my BlazBlue box was crushed a couple weeks ago and now this ... their shipping methods for more expensive CEs seem really hit and miss right now.

It's kinda OT but anyone get the CE guide as well? I got mine from amazon (had the 360 CE at BB). Came in a box with no padding at all so I was a little concerned but the corners are perfect. The guide is HUGE! Like the thickness of the Skyrim guide.

BTW while I was at Best Buy I looked around for ME3. The guy at the CS desk who gave me the CE said they were selling pretty well, they had maybe 2 CEs left. I didn't see any 3560 CEs sitting on the shelf but I did see one PS3 CE on the PS3 shelf.

[quote name='kellte2']It is WAY too early to unequivocally say there has been a reprint. Amazon could just be consolidating inventory that wasn't shipped out or was cancelled prior to shipment. If a reprint happens, it won't happen on the day of launch.
[/QUOTE]

It could also be odd lot stock left over after EA fulfilled the orders to their retail customers.... Something similar happened with the CE for ME2....a supply of them popped up on both amazon and gamestop.com a couple of days after launch and sold out after a few hours.

As for a reprint, there's alot of pieces to this set, so I don't know if EA would be that hotfired to pump out more for only $20 more than the regular edition....It would be much easier (and far more profitable) for them to do something like sell the CE DLC contents for $20....and that potential market would also include all the folks who already bought the regular edition, not the small and growing smaller market segment that would really, really want the CE. It is pretty unlikely that many normal folks would buy the CE after they bought the regular edition.

Amazon got 1000+ copies of the Skyward Sword bundle 3 times post-release, and there was no reprint of that. It's just what happens when they've got warehouses all over but only 1 that handles returns/consolidated short inventory items.

I wouldn't put it past EA printing up more though... they're not below going against anything to make more money.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']how long do people have to return to amazon anyways?[/QUOTE]

30 days to request a return (not sure if starts when shipped or starts when the buyer receives).

[quote name='Ruahrc']It's kinda OT but anyone get the CE guide as well? I got mine from amazon (had the 360 CE at BB). Came in a box with no padding at all so I was a little concerned but the corners are perfect. The guide is HUGE! Like the thickness of the Skyrim guide.

BTW while I was at Best Buy I looked around for ME3. The guy at the CS desk who gave me the CE said they were selling pretty well, they had maybe 2 CEs left. I didn't see any 3560 CEs sitting on the shelf but I did see one PS3 CE on the PS3 shelf.[/QUOTE]

That's how I got mine and mine was also near mint, only two corners of the shrinkwrap formed holes due to the sharp corners. This guide actually feels like it's worth the $23.

Unless every major retailer is getting restocked in mass quantities, this is not an indication of a reprint.

[quote name='merchie89']Im really torn on selling my CE, from hardcore fans this game kinda sucks. and with starting a new job, just dont really have the time.

Want this in the future but ive got a regular edition arriving soon[/QUOTE]

Never listen to "hardcore fans" about anything. They're usually the biggest blowhards.

[quote name='shivan128']Gonna return my copy of the CE based on the numerous copies out there. Will wait for a much lower price drop to rebuy.[/QUOTE]

lol.

[quote name='ivos']I got my XBOX 360 CE version today, was excited, run at home, hurry to open it and ... WAS DISAPOINTED. Let me explain.
Compare to the MASS EFFECT 2 CE, the quality of ME 3 CE is just miles away. Let start with the metal case - in the ME 3 CE it is a steelpack, not steelbook case as in the ME 2 CE. The steelpack is very thin metal which easy can behd and ding, nothing to compare to the sturdy steelbook case of ME 2. Than the hinges are cheap and the plastic insert in the case is much less qualited, [/QUOTE]

I went back and looked and my case was bent.

25gcj7k.jpg

I am afraid to open it up I am torn do I keep or try to order another one from amazon?

[quote name='kellte2']It is WAY too early to unequivocally say there has been a reprint. Amazon could just be consolidating inventory that wasn't shipped out or was cancelled prior to shipment. If a reprint happens, it won't happen on the day of launch.

Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

^ This. Do people ever learn? Skyward Sword CE Bundle and MGS HD Collection LE both fluttered in and out of stock for week + after release.

Holy crap. Use your brain.... a reprint would take weeks if not months to occur. Amazon stating they will have more stock in 8 or 9 days after a release is not an indicator of a reprint.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ This. Do people ever learn? Skyward Sword CE Bundle and MGS HD Collection LE both fluttered in and out of stock for week + after release.

Holy crap. Use your brain.... a reprint would take weeks if not months to occur. Amazon stating they will have more stock in 8 or 9 days after a release is not an indicator of a reprint.[/QUOTE]
Well they could have sold/been selling out of the CE since before launch. Then Amazon would say hey we need more and they could have already started making more before the release even happened.

But yeah hopefully you're right.

[quote name='gepet0']I went back and looked and my case was bent.

I am afraid to open it up I am torn do I keep or try to order another one from amazon?[/QUOTE]

That's how mine looked too. With extra creasing at the top and bottom of the box.

honestly, i think bioware redirected all their trucks to amazon and gamestop since they were surpassing their numbers. My gamestop said they had unexpected extra copies. newegg, walmart, target, toys r us all got hosed.

It's looking like Buy.com and GoHastings both canceled my preorder, the day of release. Way way shitty. I don't plan on using either of these sites again.

Thank goodness I got the Amazon relisting today.

[quote name='Taren Fox']It's looking like Buy.com and GoHastings both canceled my preorder, the day of release. Way way shitty. I don't plan on using either of these sites again.

Thank goodness I got the Amazon relisting today.[/QUOTE]

yeah that is pretty weird considering gohastings restocked both on their own site and on amazon today. Pretty lame move on their part.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']yeah that is pretty weird considering gohastings restocked both on their own site and on amazon today. Pretty lame move on their part.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. But I'm not stressing since I know Amazon will ALWAYS do me right.

[quote name='confoosious']That's how mine looked too. With extra creasing at the top and bottom of the box.[/QUOTE]
Considering how Amazon has been delivering my CEs recently, you guys have been pretty lucky.
I am moving my CE business from Amazon to GS & BB especially when paying full price

[quote name='technicalstylez']every bb i went to today had multiple copies of the ps3 ce.[/QUOTE]

The Milpitas Best Buy had at least 10 on a cart next to the games register, lol.

Disappointed in how mine was shipped from Amazon as well… absolutely no padding material at all, just boxed in those 1-sheet cardboard fold-outs book-style. Will need to think about returning it.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']The Milpitas Best Buy had at least 10 on a cart next to the games register, lol.[/QUOTE]

lololol good grief. oh yeah, the plant bb has no more arkham citys ;)

[quote name='gepet0']I went back and looked and my case was bent.

25gcj7k.jpg

I am afraid to open it up I am torn do I keep or try to order another one from amazon?[/QUOTE]

I received the item in the exact same condition. I'm not sure if it's an Amazon issue or a UPS issue. I contacted amazon and they issued a $20 refund as a one time exception.

bread's done
Back