Mass Effect 3 collecters edition xbox 360 79.99

[quote name='kayne2000']so how worth it is this????

i already have ME3 vanilla copy. but i could sell that to best buy or gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh they come in and OOS on warehouse deals pretty often. I got mine for $51.88 on there. It has an iron book, bonus DVD (I think), art book, an N7 patch, comic, soundtrack, and the Ashes DLC along with a Normandy avatar thingy. Is it worth $80? Not to me, personally. $50-60, yeah.

It was worth it when BB was offering $20 for the preorder, but not now. Maybe if it had been a spectacular game available in limited quantities it would have gone up in value as the previous titles had.

[quote name='kayne2000']so how worth it is this????[/QUOTE]No, the CE edition has the same ending(s) as the regular version... :lol:

A more serious answer... The physical extras are kind of cool, though soundtrack is digital only which sucks in my opinion. The DLC you will never use as other weapons are much, much, better. The hoodie is silly looking on Shepard consider how out of place it is, the dog does even less than the hoodie.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']No, the CE edition has the same ending(s) as the regular version... :lol:

A more serious answer... The physical extras are kind of cool, though soundtrack is digital only which sucks in my opinion. The DLC you will never use as other weapons are much, much, better. The hoodie is silly looking on Shepard consider how out of place it is, the dog does even less than the hoodie.[/QUOTE]

Would you recommend picking this up then?

I thought the hoodie was the best thing about this. :lol: Gave me so much enjoyment seeing Shepard slouch around the Citadel in it.

I also disagree about the DLC weapons. The N7 Valiant is the best sniper rifle in the game (not in raw damage but in overall balance).

[quote name='david69']Would you recommend picking this up then?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I guess I left that part out. No I would not. I own all three CE and I got them on release day but what is given is cool... but not epic and there is no getting past the fact you already own the regular version. I imagine at this point you would be lucky to get 35 dollars for it so the upgrade is likely going to cost 45 dollars or so...

That's allot of money, pretty much a whole other game, for just an upgrade...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I also disagree about the DLC weapons. The N7 Valiant is the best sniper rifle in the game (not in raw damage but in overall balance).[/QUOTE]I take that back the Valiant was good... but that's still one out of four weapons. (There's no assault rifle for those not in the know.)

As someone who bought the CE, I can tell you this: it is not worth it. The artbook is nice, but tiny (about the size of the CE box) and the lithograph is hilariously bad - should have been called 'special postcard.'

Also, the 'iron book' case is far inferior to a Steel Book case. Mine arrived pre-dinged and scratched from the flimsy packaging, but it doesn't speak highly of the case itself as everything had been propely packaged by Amazon and the cardboard slipcover showed no external signs of wear. Finally, many people suffered from cracked disks when removing them from the case.

Having said all that, let us know how you enjoy it.

You also have to consider you get the From Ashes DLC (which I believe is $10 to get by itself) so factor that in to your pricing of this.

I thought the CE was worth it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']You also have to consider you get the From Ashes DLC (which I believe is $10 to get by itself) so factor that in to your pricing of this.

I thought the CE was worth it.[/QUOTE]

I thought it would be originally worth it compared to the rarity of previous ME CE's...but I was utterly disappointed..and wrong. Sure I lucked out on release morning and nabbed the only non-proeordered copy for the 360 (while managing to beat 3 other guys back there to get it), but I've beat the game now and am having a hell of a hard time getting even $50 for the CE.

I'm probably just going to go to Best Buy in a bit, trade in my discs in some CD sleeves for $30 credit, then just sell all the CE extras by themselves.

I'd keep the game..but from what I hear, there's no "concrete" DLC in the works..and chances are, any new stuff will just be more MP maps/packs...and I could care less about those

ME3 is about $30 new these days on the resale market. How do you expect to trade it in for $30 just the discs?

[quote name='Stele']ME3 is about $30 new these days on the resale market. How do you expect to trade it in for $30 just the discs?[/QUOTE]

Because it trades in for $20 at Best Buy on top of the extra 50% trade in promo they're doing on top of my extra 10% GCU card. So actually make that $32..

[quote name='Stele']ME3 is about $30 new these days on the resale market. How do you expect to trade it in for $30 just the discs?[/QUOTE]

Because that's what it's getting.

[quote name='kellte2']As someone who bought the CE, I can tell you this: it is not worth it. The artbook is nice, but tiny (about the size of the CE box) and the lithograph is hilariously bad - should have been called 'special postcard.'

Also, the 'iron book' case is far inferior to a Steel Book case. Mine arrived pre-dinged and scratched from the flimsy packaging, but it doesn't speak highly of the case itself as everything had been propely packaged by Amazon and the cardboard slipcover showed no external signs of wear. Finally, many people suffered from cracked disks when removing them from the case.[/QUOTE]

This ^

I am a huge Mass Effect fan and I was more than a little disappointed with the CE. Thankfully, I got $10 off it by ordering from Best Buy when they first put it on their site for $70 then I got a $20 GC (which I had to heckle the poor staff on the RewardZone member forums for it). I don't like the whole steel/iron book stuff anyway as I've had discs in the past crack on me trying to get them off the hub. The in-game DLC was kind of cool, that dog robot that hangs out in the hanger...I'm still scratching my head on that one. Love the hoodie though, my Shepard always had it on. :p

[quote name='Alien Spider']This ^

I am a huge Mass Effect fan and I was more than a little disappointed with the CE. Thankfully, I got $10 off it by ordering from Best Buy when they first put it on their site for $70 then I got a $20 GC (which I had to heckle the poor staff on the RewardZone member forums for it). I don't like the whole steel/iron book stuff anyway as I've had discs in the past crack on me trying to get them off the hub. The in-game DLC was kind of cool, that dog robot that hangs out in the hanger...I'm still scratching my head on that one. Love the hoodie though, my Shepard always had it on. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with this. I preordered the CE and a lot of it wasnt worth it. The discs were a pain to get out of the case (and have since taken up other cases while I put 2 discs I didnt care about in the ME3 case), the weapons didnt do much aside from the Valiant, the dog was useless, the hoodie was okay, and the lithograph was worthless. Art book is nothing special.

Aside from that...the ending is terrible and automatically makes this game not worth $80.

if you pop the lithograph in one of the small IKEA frames it makes it look a lot better...sadly a $8 fix for a postcard w/the normandy on it seems much, but if you're a fan it's a nice investment.

After the craptastic ending, I would pay as little as possible for an impending disappointment. This will be collector material on par with "Duke Nukem Balls of Steel Edition."

The ending ruined the value since people won't look back at this game (without rewritten endings to comply with previous statements) with fond memories.

thanks to ending value is so low and keeps dropping slightly.. i should of waited but me2 ce preorder i canceled and made me not want to lose out again but i did anyways ce content zzzzz

I dont know I bought the CE from day one and I feel that it was worth it. yes the ending is kind of crappy but the game itself is really good. i hope you went ahead and order it for yourself you wont regret it. the single player campaign is awesome, and the multilayer is a lot of fun. the only complain i have about the collectors edition itself is the case because is really hard to take the game out without feeling like you going to crack the cd in half. but besides that is a great CE to have in your collection.

i think im like the only person that likes the ending. i was disappointed at first too but then i thought about it half an hour and started thinking the ending makes sense. and the true ending is likely the choice on the left.

[quote name='kayne2000']i think im like the only person that likes the ending. i was disappointed at first too but then i thought about it half an hour and started thinking the ending makes sense. and the true ending is likely the choice on the left.[/QUOTE]

I wish that bioware would release stats on how many people picked each choice. It seemed like there were so many more paragon players out there, but I felt the right side was the most adequate ending (I still hated it).

[quote name='bnizzle']I wish that bioware would release stats on how many people picked each choice. It seemed like there were so many more paragon players out there, but I felt the right side was the most adequate ending (I still hated it).[/QUOTE]

The numerous plot-holes kept me from liking the ending, although I can appreciate the basic concepts they were trying to convey. It just seemed like they had an outline for the finale, then decided to work on the rest of the game, then when it came time to finish up the ending....they ran out of time.

That said, you're better off buying the standard edition from Fry's @ $30 this week + the $10 Prothean DLC somewhere else. It's a much better buy , this coming from someone who has the LE.

Words of warning about the LE:
-The Steelbook is NOT good quality, and you will probably have to take nail-clippers to the spindle-tabs to get your discs out.
-Robo-dog DLC is useless, he just paths in the cargo-bay. My paragon Shep ALWAYS scolded the dog when/IF (big IF) the 'use' prompt came up while it was around.
-Prothean Mission/squadmate DLC is very short, but the character is VERY powerful.
-Casual Hoodie is kind of neat, and is silly to wear in your war room. Enjoyment mileage may vary.

[quote name='bnizzle']I wish that bioware would release stats on how many people picked each choice. It seemed like there were so many more paragon players out there, but I felt the right side was the most adequate ending (I still hated it).[/QUOTE]

I wish they released stats on how many people chose to
attempt to shoot the damn reaper kid in his stupid, pointless ultimatum giving, face.
I know I did.

well the left choice conveyed the repeated cycle theme. i always thought of it as here shepard is basically standing above it all talking to basically God and now sort of realizes its pointless. either he can become the new star child which he had been chasing since the opening of the game and continue the cycle and star child can go on to whatever is next, he could kill all non organic life which would only temporarily make things peaceful before another geth is made or the universe goes to war AGAIN, or he let them live together which again how long before the universe goes to war AGAIN?? the thing i take from the game is the experience of it. it was a fun ride. sort of like life is in general. at most we can only take out exeperiences to whatever next life there is as all our possessions sort of fade away.
so the replace star child feels more accurate. i do wish the ending was longer though.

I'm sure they will... They have in both previous games.

As for your paragon comment. Yes, more people chose paragon in the previous two games (and the same can be said for the DAO choices), and I suspect that nothing changed in ME3.

[quote name='merchie89']took me about 2 weeks but I sold my CE for what I paid for it. Great deal considered ME 3 was worst game since Overlord 2[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard! I'm trying to sell two copies at $75 shipped each, and having no luck...

bread's done
Back