Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition

Tsel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
328 (100%)
I procrastinated and now it seems like there are no more preorders.

Walmart
Amazon
Best Buy
Gamestop

I've checked all those and they're all sold out of 360 CE preorders. Help CAGs. :whistle2:#

I totally forgot about those two.

Target seems to be available, but the shipping has me perplexed. No matter what shipping I choose, it says it'll arrive no later than 2/13/12. So what if I do that? What will I get on that date? o_O

The problem is, I pretty much want it on release day or the day after. TRU won't ship until the 8th, which is a whole two days after the game comes out so I likely won't get it for up to a week after it drops.

[quote name='Tsel']I totally forgot about those two.

Target seems to be available, but the shipping has me perplexed. No matter what shipping I choose, it says it'll arrive no later than 2/13/12. So what if I do that? What will I get on that date? o_O

The problem is, I pretty much want it on release day or the day after. TRU won't ship until the 8th, which is a whole two days after the game comes out so I likely won't get it for up to a week after it drops.[/QUOTE]

FYE still has it but same deal, they won't ship until the release day from what I remember. To be honest though very few retailers offer release day shipping except Amazon. Walmart and Newegg have been know to arrive on release day but those are the only stores I've ever ordered from and gotten my game on release day.

[quote name='GBAstar']FYE still has it but same deal, they won't ship until the release day from what I remember. To be honest though very few retailers offer release day shipping except Amazon. Walmart and Newegg have been know to arrive on release day but those are the only stores I've ever ordered from and gotten my game on release day.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll just try my luck with one of those. If it ships ON release day, that's fine, because it'll probably arrive 2-3 days after but TRU wasn't shipping until two days after release day, so that's not coming until the weekend.

[quote name='Tsel']The problem is, I pretty much want it on release day or the day after. TRU won't ship until the 8th, which is a whole two days after the game comes out so I likely won't get it for up to a week after it drops.[/QUOTE]

Not saying this in hindsight, but if you did want this on or close to release, shouldn't you have preordered a long time ago...?:whistle2:/

[quote name='Vinny']Not saying this in hindsight, but if you did want this on or close to release, shouldn't you have preordered a long time ago...?:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I'm not pawning this on anyone. It's my own fault. I've had the regular edition preordered for ages, but kept forgetting to switch it to collector's.

[quote name='kit352']Supposedly preorders this late in the game may just end up being canceled. Some retailers are still taking them but they may just refund your money. Bioware stopped selling/producing these weeks ago.
I believe this maybe one of the few collectors sets worth money later on.

Previous post i started a few weeks ago.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313398[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the case. The most reliable pre-order retailers (Amazon and GS) are sold out. Others liek BBY and Newegg are sold out.

Target, TRU and Buy.com aren't exactly the most reliable when it comes to new releases and harder to find games so I wouldn't hold my breath.

[quote name='Vinny']This seems to be the case. The most reliable pre-order retailers (Amazon and GS) are sold out. Others liek BBY and Newegg are sold out.

Target, TRU and Buy.com aren't exactly the most reliable when it comes to new releases and harder to find games so I wouldn't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

Both MW3 HE and Star Wars TOR CE were sold out prior to release at both Gamestop and Amazon and we know how that turned out.

I'm not advocating that anyone wait but I also don't think those that preordered early are sitting on gold

I dont think the pre-order folks like myself are sitting on gold either but i do believe we are the only ones that will positively get a copy. While mw3 and TOR Ce were duds games like the original CE dead space and CE bioshock are quite expensive now. Im sure on release the local price will spike then drop down. Id say if you can get it sold in the first day or 2 of release you may do well.
Im keeping mine either way but the other CE just keep taking orders while this one has actually stopped.

[quote name='GBAstar']Both MW3 HE and Star Wars TOR CE were sold out prior to release at both Gamestop and Amazon and we know how that turned out.

I'm not advocating that anyone wait but I also don't think those that preordered early are sitting on gold[/QUOTE]

Good point, but I wasn't saying anything about sitting on gold... I'm just referring to the fact that OP wants it early and that the most reliable stores to get it early are sold out, and that other prices might be taking orders even though they won't get enough copies to fulfill all orders.

With that said, yeah, he might be able to find some in the wild.

Keep in mind Collectors Edition does not mean its Limited nor does it imply its limited, it just means its produced for the fans.

Mass Effect CE's are hard to find though on the consoles because of the low print run. Used copies of the ME 2 CE go for the same amount as they did when first released, and new ones sell for a couple of hundred. I just sold my ME 1 CE used for $165 because it's even rarer (only sold originally via Gamestop.com.)

If you have a GS manager that's a stickler for the rules, all non-picked up preorders, unless they've called and asked for an extension, are available to sell as of Friday morning of the week a game is released.

[quote name='coopscohen']I went into BB yesterday and the in store kiosk had the 360 collectors edition for preorder.[/QUOTE]

If you print one and take it to the register, the system won't let you pre-order it. After the cashier scanned the barcode, there was a message on the screen saying that the item can't be added to the cart. At this point, I definitely wouldn't trust FYE or Target since they have been known to take orders for CE/LEs long after they are sold out and then not be able to fulfill them. TRU has come through for me in the past when doing a late preorder after the other major retailers have stopped taking orders.

It's hard to say if this will truly be limited or not. There's no doubt that demand for the 360 version will be strong during the release week, but this release will be diluted compared to the past two MEs since the PS3 version will be available at launch. I imagine that many 360 owners that really want the CE goodies but can't get the 360 version will either jump ship and play it on the PS3 (or PC) if they have both consoles, or they'll just buy the regular 360 version and pick up one of the other CEs for collecting purposes.

Just bought it from Target. I feel kinda ripped off paying 9 bucks for shipping and having it arrive a week later. Meh. )-: May cancel.

[quote name='winterlane']If you print one and take it to the register, the system won't let you pre-order it. After the cashier scanned the barcode, there was a message on the screen saying that the item can't be added to the cart.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Exactly what happened to me. I'm glad I was able to grab a copy from Origin before it sold out todayl

I'll likely just head to Target that morning and pick it up. They always have collectors editions just chillin' for a week or so after release. Here's hoping I can get to it before they throw that ridiculous spider wrap on it. Haha.

[quote name='Taren Fox']Heads up -- Buy.com has free shipping and is tax free. Got the 360 Collectors Edition for under 80. Now I'm happah. :D[/QUOTE]

Sold Out now.

Been looking all over and I was going to order with Sears but then at checkout they said it's not available so I ended up with ToysRUs. Edit: Guess I'm canceling my newegg discounted pre-order.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Been looking all over and I was going to order with Sears but then at checkout they said it's not available so I ended up with ToysRUs. Edit: Guess I'm canceling my newegg discounted pre-order.[/QUOTE]

It's currently available at Best Buy right now.

bread's done
Back