Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Chubby, it sounds like you have already built up another nice little sequel in your head. Let's plug you into an HDMI cable and see how that all plays out. :)

My first choice for ME4 would be the story of the First Contact War. I think that even though we know the outcome, there is a lot of potential material to mine there. We could be given the option to play it through as a human and then a second playthrough as Turians, Asari or Salarians to get the Council POV on the conflict. Plenty of options there. The thing is, this all seems like one, stand alone game, and not a new trilogy.

As for delving into the future and "What's next?" in the post-Sheppard universe, I don't have any big ideas. However, I'm sure that the big brains over at Bioware could come up with something down the road.

vAo7lb5.jpg

Haha I hadn't seen that yet.

Just throwing my opinion out there, I would also like a first contact war scenario. Maybe some build up with how we found the mass relays, etc. Although, they could really blow up the franchise and produce games from every angle of the universe and I'd foam at the mouth for all of them.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Still my favorite Mass Effect comic:
masseffectheader.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's my least favorite b/c that comic is why we had static loading screens for 2 & 3 instead of cool interactions with the crew or news announcements in the universe.

I never had a problem with the elevators and I thought the news reports were interesting and tied your actions into the wold around you. Maybe I'm just too forgiving of ME1 or something.

Yeah, I never minded the elevators and it was cool that it gave the characters a chance to converse a bit. I think people just perceive the loading screens as shorter (though they're probably not).

[quote name='MSUHitman']That's my least favorite b/c that comic is why we had static loading screens for 2 & 3 instead of cool interactions with the crew or news announcements in the universe.[/QUOTE]

I sure as hell hope you don't think the comic itself is to blame. If I blame anyone, I blame BioWare for taking the easiest way out.

Why?

Because here's a simple fix they could've implemented for 2/3: Have more news broadcasts, squad banter, etc. Don't give me that garbage that the comic/fans are to blame. That's just living in denial. People wouldn't have cared about a long elevator ride if BioWare had made the damn thing LIVELIER. NOT QUIET.

Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't have preferred that. And tell me that BioWare COULDN'T have done that. They could've. They just didn't FEEL like it.

[quote name='dualedge2'] People wouldn't have cared about a long elevator ride if BioWare had made the damn thing LIVELIER. NOT QUIET.

[/QUOTE]

True. I'm replaying ME1 again and in general, the elevators don't bother me much. It's only the rides where nothing happens that are a nuisance (especially that one on the Normandy). However, isn't this pretty much how most elevator rides go in real life? Everyone shuffles in and then there's 1 - 3 minutes of awkward silence as they stare at the doors. I usually don't use the ride as an opportunity to discuss my family history or critique another passenger's choice in clothing.

Anyway, they don't bother me too much now, but I didn't miss them in ME2 or 3.

[quote name='simosaurus']I usually don't use the ride as an opportunity to discuss my family history or critique another passenger's choice in clothing.[/QUOTE]
Especially if they have a shotgun.

Yeah there are a lot of times when you'd use an elevator and nobody would say anything and I'm just staring at close ups of asses. :cool:

They needed that banter, which worked well tying all the characters into a sort of family, throughout the missions in between the firefights. We got this later on when Bioware refined how to layout their mission structure. I compare this to the banter your NPC buddies would give you while you drove around in Grand Theft Auto. Often at times you could sit before you get to the designated spot and they would continue to talk about what's going on/what needs to get done.

Ahahaha I just pictured Roman, Niko's cousin, saying hey man wanna go see some titties!, cut to Asari dancing on the table at Omega.

[quote name='Willy6500']Can't justify 1200 points for this, although I want to check it out..[/QUOTE]

???

Are you referring to the Citadel DLC? If so it is totally worth the 1200 points. There are discussions about it several pages back. If you are referring to something else can you enlighten us?

If anyone is interested, the first (and best) of the ME books, Revelations, is only .99 for kindle on Amazon. I was thinking of reading it again and for that price, why not.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']If anyone is interested, the first (and best) of the ME books, Revelations, is only .99 for kindle on Amazon. I was thinking of reading it again and for that price, why not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks for the heads up. It'll be nice to have the digital version whenever for $1.

[quote name='theredworm']because there will be more in time.......[/QUOTE]

Obviously. I'm just not used to something saying volume 1 when there's no content for a volume 2 in existince yet.

[quote name='theredworm']I'm thinking of getting this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-L...=UTF8&colid=BF6FHH6CCJAN&coliid=II3S46584YUT0[/QUOTE]

I have all the comics via the dark horse app on my ipad, but that collection is tempting. Especially in the high gloss, thick stock 9x12 format. There are some great stories in the comics. Some duds, too (looking at you Vega Homeworld). The highlights include Evolution, which gives TIM's backstory, and the Tali and Garrus Homeworlds.

Noticing a few bugs in the PS3 version of ME3 that I never ran into on 360...

- Picked up an SMG Ultralight Materials upgrade that didn't get added to my inventory
- Dialog is inconsistent about whether I killed the rachni queen
- I got the email for failing Tuchanka: Bomb even though the mission is still there and I can start it

At this point I don't know if Mark Meer is the coolest guy ever or one weird mother fucker. Either way, "titty sprinkles" is THE phrase of the week.

Looks like EA has dropped price for a bunch of their online passes to free, ME2 Cerberus Network being among them. Good time to grab it if you don't have it already. Some people are reporting only being able to download from their console.

I know this is the ME3 thread but I figured some might like to know.

Also, Bioware is supposed to be tweeting free dlc codes today for ME and Dragon Age. I would love to get Omega or the Citadel dlc before I start playthrough #3. I'm going to buy them anyway, but free is better!

Hmm, despite how ridiculous it is to buy the same DLC for the same game on two different consoles, I'd really like to have Citadel for PS3.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Also, Bioware is supposed to be tweeting free dlc codes today for ME and Dragon Age. I would love to get Omega or the Citadel dlc before I start playthrough #3. I'm going to buy them anyway, but free is better![/QUOTE]

Actually it says they are giving away BioWare points. Doesn't that mean they can only be redeemed on PC?

[quote name='Feeni']Actually it says they are giving away BioWare points. Doesn't that mean they can only be redeemed on PC?[/QUOTE]I believe so, since that's the only way you can get the DLC on PC.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Also, Bioware is supposed to be tweeting free dlc codes today for ME and Dragon Age. I would love to get Omega or the Citadel dlc before I start playthrough #3. I'm going to buy them anyway, but free is better![/QUOTE]

Details? Wouldn't mind scoring a free Omega

[quote name='Feeni']Don't bother. They are posting them 5 at a time and there are hundreds of people watching like hawks.[/QUOTE]Probably some frothing mouth individuals from BSN wanting their freebies.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']BSN.....you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I kid. Kinda.[/QUOTE]All of us in here know you're not kidding. ;)

They are truly an odd set of ducks over there on BSN.

Well I tried yesterday and was able to input one of the tweeted codes in within about 30 seconds of posting but no dice. Who knew I would be beat the punch by those froth mouthed individuals on BSN.

On a completely unrelated note, did you see the asteroid that is passing by today has got the mining/prospecting community all excited. Future plans include the ability to lasso an asteroid to extract its rare minerals.

Do I hear a slow clap for a mineral mining assignment here?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Well I tried yesterday and was able to input one of the tweeted codes in within about 30 seconds of posting but no dice. Who knew I would be beat the punch by those froth mouthed individuals on BSN.

On a completely unrelated note, did you see the asteroid that is passing by today has got the mining/prospecting community all excited. Future plans include the ability to lasso an asteroid to extract its rare minerals.

Do I hear a slow clap for a mineral mining assignment here?[/QUOTE]

Right, they have obviously not played Bring Down the Sky, well let's just move this catastrophic causing asteroid into our orbit! :applause:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Right, they have obviously not played Bring Down the Sky, well let's just move this catastrophic causing asteroid into our orbit! :applause:[/QUOTE]Time to check for Batarians. They're always up to something.

bread's done
Back